PDA

View Full Version : New Game Guard patch problem.

RegulusHikari
May 11, 2007, 06:25 PM
Ok, PSU has worked fine for me since release. Even when I switched to Vista I've had no problems. But when I got the new GG patch today, I've got this error:

GameGuard initialization error. Please try again after restarting, or end any programs that may be causing a conflict, and try again.

I did a fresh reinstall and I'm getting the same error (cept now it's in Japanese o_O).

Basically I'm wondering if it could be an Anti-virus (Norton 2007), OS (Vista), or just a program file error. Neither Story or Network are working and disabling Norton doesn't do a thing.

Members of the official boards and GFAQs boards are having similar problems, I just wanted to see what the people on this end have been experiencing. Any ideas?

Cmon GG, I want to get my Ragnus! >_<

Kupi
May 11, 2007, 07:53 PM
I have the exact same problem. I remember getting something like it before, and I never found a solution that worked. All my antivirus stuff has exceptions set for PSU, I've tried rebooting and reinstalling and deleting the GG folder, and none of it works. All I can tell you to do is wait until they release another GG patch, which may or may not let you back on.

zemog
May 11, 2007, 08:07 PM
sounds like this will be a fun experience.

pso_guardian
May 12, 2007, 01:22 AM
mmmm, i have problem too with the update...but its not about error windows but more like Heurcrypted virus and when the update is finished i can play PSU...but each time i relog , the gameguard is updating again....so ive got this f****** virus each time too....its really wierd...