PDA

View Full Version : Guil Sharks n U!

Munki
Dec 12, 2002, 06:27 PM
So I am on a mission now, one of great importance. To somebody... somewhere. Anyway, not my point.

I see from PSOW's amazingly helpful Item Findings database that Pinkal finds Magic Rock: Moola from Guil Sharks on VHard, although it hasn't acutally been confirmed yet either (well I am hoping it is true).

My question is, what is the best place to hunt Guil Sharks? I have never done the Ice Spinner Quest, but if it is anything like Heat Sword, will I face wave after wave of Guil Sharks (in HS you face lots of the Gigoboomas, so I am hoping that this is true in IS)? Or is it better to just do good ol fashioned runs through Caves, start to finish (online of course, to pump up the number you face).

Thanks in advance to your advice!
OooK

Goza
Dec 12, 2002, 09:18 PM
My first trip to VHard temple netted a magic rock moola from the first hilderbear I downed. I was greenil, but maybe you'd have similar luck?

DirewolfX
Dec 12, 2002, 10:52 PM
The ICe Spinner theory sounded pretty good... so I decided to load up the quest... and sure enough, plenty of Guil Sharks to go around. No moola yet, though =(

DirewolfX
Dec 12, 2002, 10:59 PM
Hmm... you need two people to beat Ice Spinner though... and there are some nasty traps in there =/

Munki
Dec 13, 2002, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I found that out this morning too.

I HATE that room with all the smashing things... there seems to be no way to get out of it! There is a stupid beam blocking off the only door out! But still, there is a good number of Guils before you get to that door that requires 2 people. And it doesn't take too long to get there either, so if Pinkal does find a Moola from there, I am sure it will turn up before too long.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 02:02 PM
What other types of enemies were present?

Were there a lot of Lilies?

I'm asking cause I may try this on Ultimate - But, only if there aren't too many Lilies.

Munki
Dec 13, 2002, 02:22 PM
Well, there were a couple areas that I encountered that had 3 lilies with some sharks/assassin's as well. And I know there was at least one room with 5 or 6 lilies at once.

I would say there were a good amount of lilies on the whole. I almost don't think I wanna do this on Ult either... thought about it a couple times, but after I saw the VHard stuff, I think HS may be the best. If I recall though, most of the lilies would tend to be clumped together. So it was not as difficult to keep em busy with AoE spells (I used RaFoie to good effect).

I am sure I will give it a go once on ult (maybe this weekend with some friends) but still, it seems like it wouldn't really be worth it.

Jeffrey
Dec 13, 2002, 02:35 PM
Em...... What's Moola DO anyway?

Munki
Dec 13, 2002, 03:01 PM
You can combine it with a Cane series weapon (fully fround up) to make a Summit Moon

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=302

This lists the levels and so forth you gotta be.

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 08:59 PM
130 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's going to be a while.

DirewolfX
Dec 13, 2002, 11:05 PM
Or 100 if you don't mind using a Cane instead of a Club.

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 11:14 PM
I have been told that Clubs only require a +10 grind to max out. I also have learned not to rush into things, and I will try to find one with kicking percents even though I don't really attack melee w/o hilderbear's special.