PDA

View Full Version : Main and Alt character?

_Wolf_
May 12, 2007, 11:18 PM
I have a lvl 56 Beast and a level 10 Newman i am mostly making this poll to reassure my self but do you think i should get my level 56 to level 80 then lvl 10 or get my newman up to equal and level them evenly each 5 levels or newman to 80 then beast to 80 (I do want to keep both characters)
Oh yea the beast is fighunner and newman is force of course if that makes a difference not sure which to make my main and which my alt
Thanks in advance

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EchoGC on 2007-05-12 21:19 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EchoGC on 2007-05-12 21:20 ]</font>

VanHalen
May 12, 2007, 11:24 PM
That is up to you sir. I try to level my characters evenly. Well at the moment my alt is lvl 39 almost 40 and my main is lvl 48.

_Wolf_
May 12, 2007, 11:31 PM
im asking cause my characters are kinda far apart plus PSO world controls my life *goes and cries in the corner about saying that*

Edit: not to you hikaru you posted before me

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EchoGC on 2007-05-12 21:32 ]</font>

Scion
May 12, 2007, 11:31 PM
What you do to them is entirely up to you. If you like your beast more and level him to the cap while keeping your newman at level 10, then go for it. XD

It's not like those two characters are going anywhere, so no rush! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Garnet_Moon
May 12, 2007, 11:43 PM
My most recent outing today was on my Guntecher. Level 70 and 1, in Rainbow Beast S2. I felt so useless. It's back to my Fortegunner and Hunter next time. I'll level my GT eventually, but not at the present time.

I guess the point is to level one til ya get bored, then do the next. Catapault the levels so that it's always fun every time you switch to the alt and back to the main. I'm sure i'll get bored of Hunter and fG in a week or so, then i'll be back on my GT and enjoying it.

It's odd.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2007-05-12 21:44 ]</font>

Criss
May 13, 2007, 12:08 AM
Don't force yourself on leveling any specific character. Just play whatever character you feel like playing the most when you log in. Leveling will come by itself, just enjoy the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

GreenArcher
May 13, 2007, 07:21 AM
Personally, I feel it's rather pointless to level an alt. It's not like PSO, PSO had such a HUGE incentive to make alts for section IDs. But here, it just feels like another grind. I have more fun playing with my level 80 than with an alt.

Eleina
May 13, 2007, 07:24 AM
On 2007-05-13 05:21, Green_Archer3 wrote:
Personally, I feel it's rather pointless to level an alt. It's not like PSO, PSO had such a HUGE incentive to make alts for section IDs. But here, it just feels like another grind. I have more fun playing with my level 80 than with an alt.

I agree the trouble with alts is that you have to hunt gear for them...and when you have troubles getting stuff for your main..

CrimsomWolf
May 13, 2007, 10:02 AM
It's up to you... I prefer to level my characters at least a bit evenly, so I won't have to spend hole week on getting one character to level of another... but, as I said it's up to you man...

Traize
May 13, 2007, 10:07 AM
Depends on you doesn't it? A while back I got bored of my main, started another one, then found that actually, I quite liked my main (took a little while), now I won't be bothering with my Alt untill I've done my Main.

Just depends on what you need to enjoy the game, variety, or to head straight for your goal?

Besides, even if you hit 80 tomorrow, there are a bunch of other job classes to work on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cz
May 13, 2007, 10:25 AM
Main soloer: Bunny Girl level 80 Cast/Fortegunner
Main tank: Zefiris level 77 Beast/Fighgunner
Main supporter and secondary soloer: Nana level 79 Newman/Fortetecher
Alt. Character...just sitting there waiting to be play. >.> : Dirna level 69 human/wartecher.

I tried to level them evenly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShinMaruku
May 13, 2007, 10:38 AM
I say evenly so you'll have a wide expeirnce both then you would know which to make your main.

VanHalen
May 13, 2007, 10:45 AM

But you can only use 36 PAs.....

Scion
May 13, 2007, 10:48 AM
On 2007-05-13 08:45, VanHalen wrote:

But you can only use 36 PAs.....

Yeah, that 36 PA cap is what kept Hikaru from becoming a Guntecher. x_x

amtalx
May 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
I don't really think one has an advantage over the other really. Personally, I leveled my main to the cap and then worked on my alt. The only real advantage to this is that with a capped character, you can do all the S2 missions that have good payouts. You can in turn use that money to finance your alt. That's what I did with my Force alt since she seems to just be a big hole that I throw money into.

Garnet_Moon
May 13, 2007, 10:50 AM
PSU has incentives too:

Beast: Nanoblast party burns. Bosses down within seconds every time.
CAST: Same business as NB, only it's possible to completely screw up and miss everything.
Newman: TP Overdrive
Human: All/Not Suck++

I don't know. Section ID's are one thing, but this is PSU. It has it's own reasons to play one of all 4 different races. You have 4 slots, you may as well use them.

Mio
May 13, 2007, 11:17 AM
I have two lvl 80 char, but I consider only one my main. And they're not really done even with maxxed tech/bullets. The real pain is getting them equipped better and better. And I prioritize my main ( the cast ). Even if my luck bringed my Force two nice items ( me/quick and 44% dark armor )

Palefire
May 13, 2007, 11:31 AM
Personally, I level whichever character I'm in the mood to level. Most of last month I was levelling my ladyBeast Wartecher alt almost exclusively, simply because that's who I wanted to play. However, this month I've been levelling my male Newman Fortetecher main. (Though this is primarily because I'm having so much fun watching my newly evolved PM beat the snot out of monsters for me)

If you're in the mood to play a particular character but feel as if you should be levelling the other, I'd say play the one you want to. You get bored/feel that playing is a chore far less often when you're playing what you feel like.

Well, that's really only true if you have one particular character type, job preference, and/or playing style that you stick to almost exclusively (i.e., you tend to only play Fortefighter types) and both your alts are the same type of character in terms of job, race, etc..

Sometimes I feel like busting a Photon cap in things, so I'll break out the RA femmebot. Other times I feel like throwing fireballs, so I'll play the FO Newman. It never feels like a grind if I'm playing the character and style I'm in the mood to play at the moment.

On 2007-05-13 08:50, Garnet_Moon wrote:
CAST: Same business as NB, only it's possible to completely screw up and miss everything.

Unless you get Sturm Buster, which hits everything on screen and almost always causes the Burn SE. The downside is that, aside from being one of the two most expensive SUVs, it's also somewhat weaker than the other SUVs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Palefire on 2007-05-13 09:37 ]</font>

GreenArcher
May 13, 2007, 12:10 PM
^ That's true, however I'm always too busy with my one character:

I started out as a Ranger
Then went to Force
Then went to Ranger
Then went to Force
Then went to Fortegunner
Then went to Guntecher
Then went to Fortegunner
Then went to Figunner
Now I'm a Fortetecher, which I'm planning on sticking with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I've probobly destroyed hundreds of hours of progress on Photon Art overwriting..

Finae
May 13, 2007, 02:31 PM
Lol, what the hell is a main and a alt? I play whatever character **** well feel like. In PSU, I don't refer to my characters as mains or alts because the grind in this game is easy when compared to games like FFXI and other asian games I've played over the years. I would never level my alt to 75 back then in FFXI just because there wasn't much difference and rewards for it. You really think i wanted to do those limit quests again lmao?

And yeah, there is a incentive in using all those character slots like others have already said.
- Luck
- Race specials
- Stats (Do you really think I want to be a beast fortetecher? I am one that wants the best of the best)
- Looks (Clothing/cast parts, w/e)
- PA limits (Yeah, if Sega made it where it was 99/99, I would make a human character with every single pa)
- Classes (the ones the race was intended for)

To answer your question though. Just level beast to 80 first and then worry about your other character. I was never a fan of keeping two characters leveled the same. I find that after getting your melee char to 80, hunting for stuff is a lot easier when compared to a force.

So yeah, definitely a advantage to having more than one high level character. For example, I use my beast when hunting in areas where I know beast FF would outdamage a force. And for other areas, I use my female newman for areas in which a force is known to be faster than a melee. My cast is just in the middle now. I don't use her much more since my beast can get things done faster than she ever could. One day, may make her fortegunner or something. I'm not a fan of switching to x class with that ghey pa limit on. My cast literally cannot free up anymore space as I'll start losing either my level 30 striking pas or my level 20 bullets.

So I have no main. When I first started in october, it was my beast. I just play whatever char I **** well feel like playing as I do get bored of playing one race/class after awhile. Thats why I like PSU, easy to level, casual game, but filled with nubs as usual lol.

ThEoRy
May 13, 2007, 02:35 PM
Newman to 80 first, then another Newman to 80. I am a Newman so of course I'm biased.

-Ryuki-
May 13, 2007, 03:10 PM
I highly just suggest evenly lvling. That way, you don't have so much of a hard time
finding parties at low lvls than you would if everyone was the same lvl. In the long
run, think about what you're trying to do. Solo your lvls, or group for your lvls.

TheAlchemist
May 13, 2007, 03:27 PM
Whatever you prefer... everyone has his/her own style. Personally, I focus on one character... and sometimes, alts don't even get made. <.<

My plan for PSU is to get my main cap'd, then my alt. cap'd.

Sexy_Raine
May 13, 2007, 03:46 PM
It's not hard to raise an alt., esp. since the main can pass down stuff to help the alt. Trying everything on person is gimped and a waste of time. Use an alt. to branch out your classes, and Luck days.

I'd say a lv20 difference is good for a main and alt.

eightball
May 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
i also have two main characters one is level 71 and one 62 i play with whoever has more luck on that day...works well i like it

Xtian913
May 13, 2007, 11:31 PM
I have used all three extra slots for a different race and so far its pretty fun. I love throwing down techs with my main, but sometimes I just wanna tear things up with my bare hands, so my melee focused low level alts are pretty handy for that. Im looking to making my mini-CAST a Fortegunner one day, my little beast dude a Fortefighter, and my cute nerdy hume girl will be a wartecher one day and a soon to be Acrotecher/Acrofighter!

All in all though, I mainly just play them when no one is on to party with and I want some mindless low level grinding. Photon Arts are pretty new to me, so its fun to mess around with those too.

LS_Aksion
May 14, 2007, 01:50 AM
Get to 80 then work on alt.

Sooner & reach the lvl cap & be done with that struggle, take a break & cash in the PA frags for your alts via main.

Using your main when you need the extra power if a hard mission gets to dicey. _m^.^m_ <--Killroy

MSAksion
May 14, 2007, 01:55 AM
Honestly i think you should use both characters semi-equally. One character doesn't have enough PA slots to have everything you want to try. So a 2nd character that is a different job would be a great idea.

Play your main and get him to 60. Then level your alt till it gets an Advanced job. Then continue working with your main to get him to the good S rank missions and give the spoils to your ALT.

Your Alt can use all of your Main's Hand-Me-Downs. So use them both. My main is 76 and my alt is 51. When no one is online i use my ALT. When the team is online its my main or if they go on an easier S rank i take my ALT then switch to my main when we reach the S2 mission of the night.

Honestly don't worry about lvl 80. I think the magic number now is 75 for the newest S2 missions. But most S ranks are lvl 55-60. You're very close to that already.

danny_o
May 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
You should switch back and forth a lot. Doing so will prevent any boredom from setting in. Seeing as how Fighgunner and Force are played quite differently, this tactic should spice things up a little.

DrAcKeN
May 14, 2007, 10:34 AM
heh i only started my alt because i found stuff for him before even thinking about making a newman -.-; and now after 9 orgdus i didnt find what i need for my main ;_;