PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: PSO GC > PSOBB? (Ep.4 Questions)

IwillEATyour
May 13, 2007, 07:25 PM
A while ago iI special ordered a copy of PSOGC and when i finally got it i was cavorting with joy
Even though knew that the online servers would be gone in a week and didnt bother to play online.

Eventually i got my hucast to lvl 50 but i feel like im missing out on the whole online scene, but is it really worth it to drop what im doing and switch to BB?

i mean, how much is it per month?
and do i have to pay even playing offline?
is there even an offline mode?

i just want to know if its worth it.

IwillEATyour
May 13, 2007, 10:59 PM
wow, the Data on my memory card got corrupted and it got formatted
no real reasonfor me not to get BB now

Ketchup345
May 13, 2007, 11:19 PM
There is no true offline mode. The biggest positive point of PSO for the GC is that you can play as long as your memory card stays in working condition, while on BB, once the servers go down, you have nothing.

BB should be around $10US per month.

Also, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-05-13 21:20 ]</font>

IwillEATyour
May 14, 2007, 09:11 PM
Servers Go down as in...
A: Servers go down by error
B: Servers go down perminantly

Ketchup345
May 14, 2007, 09:50 PM
Permanently. Once they go down for good, you have nothing.

If by error, all you have to do is wait it out.

james_b
May 14, 2007, 10:02 PM
the official servers have like 10 people on at peak times. if you want to play BB then use the JP servers,

DC_PLAYER
May 15, 2007, 08:49 AM
for example when the server is down you can't access you char data until they bring it up.
also pso bb has some "usual" server problems, altought it is rare.

IwillEATyour
May 18, 2007, 09:30 PM
On 2007-05-14 20:02, james_b wrote:
the official servers have like 10 people on at peak times. if you want to play BB then use the JP servers,
I dont speak japanese, i can imagine that as a problem

unless PSOBBJP has a translation thing

Saffran
May 19, 2007, 09:50 AM
No it has not.
I dunno, learn the US word select menus, they're in that exact same order in jp so you could get around just being polite. A simple "USA" or "can't speak japanese" will somehow get across, they won't kick you for so little. Well, unless you play like a retard, I guess.

The lack of jp skills is not really a problem, overall. I mean, you know the game, right? Just look here for the description of any new items you might come across.
As for quests... uh, I might make a guide for this actually.