PDA

View Full Version : this sucks . . .

raltga01
Dec 12, 2002, 09:35 PM
I fired up my gamecube tonight, expecting some challenge mode fun to find that my memory card was corrupted.

I lost my lvl. 68 HUcaseal and my lvl. 33 FOmar, and the combined 120 hours I spent getting them to that level.

Luckily [kinda] I was able to transfer all my items over to these new characters by way of offline multiplayer mode, and I don't plan on deleting them incase of some break through miracle that saves corrupted files [all Walt Disney style].

Now I begin the arduous journey to regain all 101 levels I've lost in the memory card crash. If you ever see a character named Raltga01 or (tsukasa) give them a smile and a "good luck."

Ah well, next week it's off to Vancouver for some snowboarding, but when I get back in January PSO will rule my world again, only this time, with a slightly bitter-sweet twist.

00JOE
Dec 12, 2002, 09:37 PM
That sucks... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'll contribute something if I see ya! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SELENNA
Dec 12, 2002, 09:37 PM
Don't give up and good luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Danger_Girl
Dec 12, 2002, 09:45 PM
Thats really spookey. I live in constant fear of memory card corruption. I guess its just a part of the game though. Thats the way I look at it anyway. Still, it really really sucks. Do you have any idea what might have happend? What kind of memory card was it? I guess sometimes it just happends though. Life is dangerous.

Good luck, and I will donate if I see ya.

Subliminalgroove
Dec 13, 2002, 12:10 AM
Same thing happened to me. About the same anount of hours played as well. Did you have a nintendo brand Memory Card 59? That's what died on me. It not only took the PSO files, but managed to cheese everything else on the card... ALL my info for ALL my games... gone.

I feel for ya raltga. Keep the faith!

Sub

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Subliminalgroove on 2002-12-12 21:12 ]</font>

dj_dan
Dec 13, 2002, 12:40 AM
Haha, raltga01?
If you're planning on coming to Vancouver for a little boarding... you should know that this has been the worst winter here in a long time.

ALL the mountains here have no snow at all... not even Whistler/Blackcomb..

Just to let you know...

Vejita
Dec 13, 2002, 12:41 AM
man i'm scared now...my card corrupted before....
AND i also have 2 chars...one of them a HUcaseal and one a FOmar....very very scared

raltga01
Dec 13, 2002, 02:36 AM
Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!

Started over, already lvl 10; hopefully I'll be able to gain some levels faster when christmas break starts.

Dj Dan > yeah I know. I'm just praying for snow right now [and I'm going to Whistler/Blackcomb btw =) which is awesome because I've never been there and by all accounts it's an awesome place to go; I just hope that there's snow when I get there *does some kind of spiritual snow dance thing*].