PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Disconnections

GeoHolyhart
May 14, 2007, 10:35 PM
Ok, so I recently started playing PSU again. This time I went to the 360, but now it’s hard for me to play for extended periods of time, because I keep getting disconnected. The problem seems to be getting more frequent. This doesn't happen to me in any other game as far as I know either, so I doubt it’s my hardware (especially since I already called tech support for both my router and modem). I’ll like to make clear that I do play other online console games on my Xbox 360 and PS2 fine.

Ok now to the problem. I'll log on and begin playing but usually while in mid-game (doesn't seem to happen any other time) the game freezes and disconnects me. That isn't all it does though, for some reason it disconnects my modem, where I temporally lose all internet connection.

I did find a topic that remotely sounds close to mine: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=24797&highlight=disconnects
It suggests a few things I have no idea how to do. Someone suggests I should open some ports, but other then through port forwarding (which requires the devices IP) I don't know how.

Specs
Router: Linksys WRT54G
ISP: Bellsouth Xtreme 6.0 (6mbps)
Console: Xbox 360
360 and router are directly connected through a Ethernet cable

Note: I'll also be posting this on the official forums for more insight to this problem.

Edit: Looks this person: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=12647&highlight=disconnect has the same problem, but I see no solutions...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2007-05-14 22:39 ]</font>

-----------------------------------------
Edit2: Looking into the matter further myself while waiting for a response. It seems the newest versions of the WRT54G router's aren't fully supported by Xbox 360 Live (or been certified). I only see v.1-3 on the list, while I have v.6. So that may be the problem, but I'm sure if the older versions were compatible before there's something I can switch around to get it working correctly.

I'll probably call Microsoft about it, but if anyone has any ideas feel free to speak up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GeoHolyhart on 2007-05-15 03:09 ]</font>