PDA

View Full Version : Do's and Don'ts of PSO

burning_card
May 15, 2007, 05:13 PM
Okay people, well what do you think the DO's anre and what the Don'ts are? Do's and don't of playing on a team, challenge mode, unting for a weapon, playing as each particualr class, playing as a cast, playing as a melee force or support force, things like that?

I'll start a few:

DO's

Always make your character appealing to your eyes, you don't want an ugly character for 200 levels...that's why i don't make FOnewms.

Always hunt or trade for things, never dupe of hack.

DON'Ts

Don't melee a RAcast or RAmar with a team, it never helps and you end up getting in the way more then helping.

Don't make HUnewerals or RAmarl's act as a personal healing force, unless they are using the character for that (equipping a resta merge, it's obvious they want to be support) But making use of them for S&D is good.

Banish
May 15, 2007, 05:28 PM
Playing as a Cast

Dos:

->Increase ATP & ATA as much as possible.
->Always carry a full stock of Dimates, Trimates, and Star Atomizers. If playing with friends, bring a couple Moon Atomizers with you.
->Try to attack monsters and learn their attack patterns, and group up hordes of them.
->Traps are your best tool. Freeze, confuse, and fire monsters that are hard to kill, or if there is a bunch together.

Don'ts:

->Wasting all your Traps in one setting. You need to conserve them, and use them sparingly, unless there's a healing portal nearby.
->Tackling harder enemies/bosses are possible, with a Cast, but do know how much you are chewing before it comes to you.

Overall:

->Master the cast, make them your pride, your weapon, your hero. Make everything possible.

->And never use a Addslot on a Frame! or Monogrind a Saber! or using Mind/Materials.

Ithildin
May 15, 2007, 06:07 PM
Do... Be courteous to others at all times

Don't... Hog exp or Rares!

EphekZ
May 15, 2007, 06:20 PM
On 2007-05-15 15:13, burning_card wrote:
DON'Ts

Don't make HUnewerals or RAmarl's act as a personal healing force, unless they are using the character for that (equipping a resta merge, it's obvious they want to be support) But making use of them for S&D is good.

pfft, that's the worst "don't" I've ever heard. if they have the fucking resta they should use it. When I played pso I could support a whole team with a RAmar. extra resta is ALWAYS welcome.

anyways

DOs:be a good player and don't do stupid shit.

Dont's:don't be a nub.

burning_card
May 15, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-05-15 16:20, EphekZ wrote:

On 2007-05-15 15:13, burning_card wrote:
DON'Ts

pfft, that's the worst "don't" I've ever heard. if they have the fucking resta they should use it. When I played pso I could support a whole team with a RAmar. extra resta is ALWAYS welcome.

anyways

DOs:be a good player and don't do stupid shit.

Wow, language buddy...using words like that doesn't show much intelligence...it's a game topic not something to throw a fit about.

Either way it's just players that want everyone else to take care of them that would want a RAmarl or a HUneweral to act as a resta force. It's not cool. You should be able to deal with your own character, not go running in without any kind of brain and hope that the ranger will heal you, it's ignorant and i think that people shouldn't expect it out of anything but a force.

That's great that you wasted the time healing everyone with a RAmar though, i'm sure t would be fun in it's own way.

I just don't think it's right since when i play with my lvl 47 FOneweral (867 MST, lvl 16 resta) and i'm on a team with characters with a level of 130+ she has trouble healing. I have to use two resta (RAcast and caseal, and HUcast) to heal 100%. Seeing as a RAmar has lower MST by far and a lower level resta, he won't be able to really heal much of a team when it gets to a higher level. He can do it for himself though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burning_card on 2007-05-15 16:58 ]</font>

Bezmor
May 15, 2007, 06:30 PM
Dos-
make a RAmar lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
the real ones:
-make the right mag
-USE Shifta and Deband at all times possible

Donts
-dont use weps your class isnt supposed too(melee fonewmans i mean come on)
-dont hunt weapons let the come to you
-dont hack/cheat/steal/annoy/bug/tease/or be a racist against or from any other PSO player we all are just trying to have fun

SuperChoco
May 15, 2007, 06:52 PM
Do's
Get sega to open servers again
Don'ts
Give up

Aisha_Clan-Clan
May 15, 2007, 06:57 PM
Do
Have fun

Don't
Get a RAmar surrounded by El Rappies in Fake in Yellow and peck you all at once. Happened to me in Vers 2.

AlexCraig
May 15, 2007, 07:08 PM
Do's
Run into a Hildetorr

Don'ts
Film the event and NOT get the rare item >_<

Nitro Vordex
May 15, 2007, 10:08 PM
Do's:
"Quit Game" option save

Don'ts:
Turn off game before or DURING a save

Neith
May 16, 2007, 03:40 AM
If anyone expected my HUnewearl to keep them alive, and not heal, I'd just stop using Resta on them.

HUnewearl's aren't Forces, they're Hunters who happen to be able to support if needed. Sure, if there's no FO, I don't mind acting as one, provided I'm still filling my role as Hunter too. If you have a FO, the only support I'll do is keeping myself and the FO alive usually.

I hate it when people expect a HUnewearl to forsake being a Hunter and just become a tool of Resta-spam. That's what 'mates are for. Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure is natural instinct anyway, but expecting a HU to keep you alive is really bad team play.

Anyway:

Dos:
- Perform your role as you should ¬_¬ (i.e in a team game, no melee RA's please)
- Carry a few Scapes on tougher areas
- Communicate with your team
- Be self-sufficient

Don't:
- Run ahead of the team
- Spam Berserk/Spirit/Charge in a team unless you're deliberately doing a speed run
- Rely on the FO
- Melee Del Lilies if you're right in front of them. They have a habit of doing the 1HP screech and then pecking you to death
- Hit Falz when it's got someone's soul, unless they allow you to
- Go through your inventory at a shop too fast, you'll end up selling something good

GreenArcher
May 16, 2007, 07:30 AM
On 2007-05-16 01:40, UrikoBB3 wrote:

- Go through your inventory at a shop too fast, you'll end up selling something good

-_- that brings back memories

A RAcast has higher ATP than a HUnewearl and a HUcaseal, and is just on par with a HUmar. Why can't he melee?

My RAmarl has over 1000 MST, uses a Clio, and uses Principal's Gift Parasol. Why can't I support the team? Hell I do it better than many forces.

AlexCraig
May 16, 2007, 02:25 PM
When you think about it, a player should play the character how they want to. To say "Don't play it like this", you are chastising a character's persona. A melee force, a support ranger, whatever. If that's how they play, let them play that way.

Saphion
May 16, 2007, 02:30 PM
One of the best things about PSO was the flexibility of it. A RA player could easily melee effectively and a HU could heal effectively.

It reduced the pressure of playing roles and as such, was easier for players to enjoy themselves and have fun.

burning_card
May 16, 2007, 05:20 PM
Toward Uriko's comment, that's what i'm talking about. I'm playing a RAmarl and i'm in the same boat. If i'm playing people generally don't use mates if their a cast, or even worse i get HUmars or RAmars that want me to keep up on their health every five minutes. I don't mind it if i'm in a situation to do so as i pay attention (main character was always a foney, you sort of get into the habbit of watching out for people) but i just don't like it when people expect me to do something.

Just like AlexCraig said you should play like you want. That's the problem. I don't want to be support since it's not my duty. I'm not playing a force, and neither is a HUney character one. Too many people think "oh they have higher mst and resta levels, they should heal people" but that's making thosep layers take themselves away from the fight and go off to the moron with no reguards to being hit since the "force" is there, ruining that said players enjoyment.

I'll slap on a resta merge now and then and have at it, but sometimes i don't want to be the force, sometimes i want to friggen play the game like the rest of them. I keep up on my health, i play with a ramar, racast, and a humar...i'm not having to heal myself NEAR os often as the rest of them. I understand the HUmar, but the rangers shouldn't have much mre of a problem with things as i have, but they get bea up and want me to run in and save the day (at one point the cast didn't even bring mates and used the button for something else, since i'm the "healer")

That's my point. Dont make the players be your personal resta force, it's ruining their gameplay. Those players will use resta when needed, and will try to support as much as they can. but don't make them, it's not letting them play the gane, it's making them babysit.

On 2007-05-16 05:30, Green_Archer3 wrote:

On 2007-05-16 01:40, UrikoBB3 wrote:

-_- that brings back memories

A RAcast has higher ATP than a HUnewearl and a HUcaseal, and is just on par with a HUmar. Why can't he melee?

My RAmarl has over 1000 MST, uses a Clio, and uses Principal's Gift Parasol. Why can't I support the team? Hell I do it better than many forces.

Well as far as the ramarl being support, you shouldn't be expected of it. If you ant to then great, but you shouldn't have a bunch of lazy players wanting you to stay on their heels all day long.

And the RAcast, in my opinion melee with a RAmar or RAcast is a no no on a team. It's great with solo, but on a team he always gets in the way as a HU. I had a RAcast on a team once that ran in with a soul banish and a monkey king bar. Yeah his ATP is great and ATA is great, but he isn't a hunter and those particular weapons aren't really fit for him. He can do it but it's much more dangerous for the RAcast to go swiinging something like those weapons around when he could be helping A LOT more as the ranger he is.

That's like running a friggen level with a photon blaster. Whatever you like solo but on a team don't try it, it's just getting in the way.

BryantGrundle
May 18, 2007, 06:20 PM
If those items weren't fit for a RAcast he wouldn't be able to use them.

burning_card
May 18, 2007, 06:29 PM
Yeah he can use them, but it's only fit for solo. If you're running around in a team with a melee racast it's getting in the way. A RAcast can do A LOT, and i mean A LOT more for a team when he's not screwing around with melee. I just think he should melee in a team, it's not as useful as he could be on a team, you know?

CMDG
May 19, 2007, 12:36 AM
Do's
- Always cast S/D/J/Z in ult as FO
- Always take advantage of your weapons special attack
- Help clear traps if you're RAcast
- Cast J/Z if you're a HUmar in a game full of casts in ult.

Don't's:
- You're lvl 40+ and go into a low-level game named "leveling". You kill everything before the lvl <10 guys get to hit anyting.
- Take all the rares and never ask if anyone else needs it.
- Killing the boss when you know some of your team member has fallen, with plenty of moons left.

Also i have a question about the no meleeing as RA, What if you were doing epIV? The sat lizards and yowie are immune to all ranger weapons and slicers(exception of divine punishment special).

FallenAngelV
May 19, 2007, 07:35 AM
DO
- ensure you tekk to +10% for any weapon you plan on using.
- learn the map layouts
- a barrel roll.

DON'T
- hunt for an Evil Curst
- use WORD SELECT when soloing offline
- forget to check your G-Diffuser system

Saphion
May 19, 2007, 07:55 AM
DO
- Release a new PSO on a popular system, with new levels, items, improved graphics etc. etc.
- Consider porting an exsisting version of PSO to a handheld

DO NOT
- Spend 3-4 years making a deeply inferior 'sequel' that fails in every way imaginable and alienates most of the people who found the original PSO deeply enjoyable. *cough*psu*cough*
- pass go, do not collect £200

Banish
May 19, 2007, 12:05 PM

That's impossible. Everyone starts out as Lv 1, so that rule is broken many times (unless I am reading this wrong).

ZodiacNKnight
May 19, 2007, 12:34 PM
DO NOT attack Dark Falz when she has captured an ally’s soul.

(God damn noobs...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-05-19 10:36 ]</font>

Banish
May 19, 2007, 12:36 PM
You can only attack Dark Falz with a HP steal attack/Gush special while it's like that; but you'll still get hurt.

I think magic also...

EphekZ
May 19, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-05-19 10:05, Fujita wrote:

That's impossible. Everyone starts out as Lv 1, so that rule is broken many times (unless I am reading this wrong).

if you're new then it's a given. if you're lvl 50+ you should have a decent grasp of the game.

Ithildin
May 20, 2007, 09:15 AM
On 2007-05-19 10:34, ZodiacNKnight wrote:
DO NOT attack Dark Falz when she has captured an ally’s soul.

(God damn noobs...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-05-19 10:36 ]</font>

Nothing wrong with that as long as you have someone healing you at the same time... works everytime for me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BryantGrundle
May 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-05-18 16:29, burning_card wrote:
Yeah he can use them, but it's only fit for solo. If you're running around in a team with a melee racast it's getting in the way. A RAcast can do A LOT, and i mean A LOT more for a team when he's not screwing around with melee. I just think he should melee in a team, it's not as useful as he could be on a team, you know?

If we ever play, I'm going to use a saber just to piss you off.

AlexCraig
May 20, 2007, 08:36 PM
Do
Buy monogrinders when appear in the shop
Don't
bother using them on common weapons

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-05-20 18:36 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 09:59 PM
Don't try to melee Flow.
I did that x_X

AlexCraig
May 20, 2007, 10:17 PM
Don't acquire over 200,000 meseta, fight in a group of overly powerful monsters, then die with money on your person. If you have no more room in the bank, it is a tad more understandable.

Weeaboolits
May 21, 2007, 12:15 AM
Don't use berserk special on Falz when he has your soul.

Banish
May 21, 2007, 09:47 AM
Know your limits when Berserking...I nearly died on Multipalyer.

Works best with High HP.

metatime
May 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
I personally don't have any trouble being the support role if there is no FO in the group. Who is going to J/Z, S/D if everyone else isn't a FO or a hune/RAmarl.

If that task helps the team the most, than that should one of the main goals of the player.

Weeaboolits
May 21, 2007, 12:10 PM
Try not to get surrounded!

burning_card
May 21, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-05-20 17:06, BryantGrundle wrote:

On 2007-05-18 16:29, burning_card wrote:

If we ever play, I'm going to use a saber just to piss you off.

Lol, that wouldn't piss me off. It seems people are mis-understanding me.

Don't: Melee a friggen RA when you're with a team. My point is don't go off and melee your ranger when you're fighting a boss or tough areas. I'm using a FOneweral and i ALWAYS have to take care of the idiots. I saw a RAcast use a frozen shooter and a monkey king bar the other day, very useful combination, but then later we fought DF, he died 16 times because he wanted to melee...i stopped bringing him back.