PDA

View Full Version : Boston Area Aqua Teen Fans...

OnnaWren
May 15, 2007, 06:40 PM
What are you waiting for, if you haven't seen the ATHF movie yet? It's playing on only 36 screens in the entire country, and the Somerville Theatre in Davis Square, Somerville (on the Red Line, for those of you who don't already know) is one of the few that's had it since its debut on April 13!

Its last day in Somerville (and, indeed, all of New England) is Thursday. Why not pull together some bus/train fare, and $5.00 for the matinee at 5:30, load the auditorium, and give the flick a royal sendoff?

I'll be there- I hope some of you will be, too. There's nothing like seeing a movie on the big screen, in the company of friends and fans alike.

"Tell your friends, tell your family, tell people you don't even like! Hell, I'll do anything for attention!" - MC Pee Pants

(Aqua Teen haters and quoters of crappy reviews need not reply to this thread!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2007-05-15 16:49 ]</font>

OnnaWren
May 19, 2007, 03:01 PM
Egg On My Face Time.

The movie has been extended through the 24th. Showtimes are (5:30) and 9:45 (no Saturday shows this week).

NOTE: The copy of the film playing here has been damaged! On Monday, it came off its sprockets during the post-credits scene, landed across the lamp, and fried! The scene is left mostly intact, but the one line of spoken dialogue has been lost. If you stay past the credits for the scene, Frylock says something to the effect of (don't directly quote me on this, guys) "C'mon honey, time for bed."

It's the payoff for a running gag that builds through the film, and it sucks that it got spoiled by a projector malfunction... >:/

SO GO SEE IT, ALREADY! If you've already seen it, GO SEE IT AGAIN! (Seriously, I'd like to see more than four people there the next time I go see it this coming week...)

(Isn't it ironic that, after all the Mooninite flap, that the Boston area would be showing the film the longest?) XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2007-05-19 13:13 ]</font>

roygbiv
May 19, 2007, 03:52 PM
OH god Boston people... ugh... I wasn't here for the bomb scare... but i kind of vaguely want to see it... but not really... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe i will see it just 'cause it's boston... and you know... just because of the (non) controversy

OnnaWren
May 21, 2007, 05:21 PM
Now showing on only 18 screens in the country... what a waste.

gambit04
May 22, 2007, 12:42 AM
I sooo want to see this movie but will not travel to see it....hopefully it comes out on DVD soon

Weeaboolits
May 22, 2007, 12:43 AM
I don't live in Boston.

gambit04
May 22, 2007, 12:45 AM
On 2007-05-21 22:43, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I don't live in Boston.

Trying hard for that 1000 post eh?

Anyone know if the 5th season of aqua teen is going to come out either?

OnnaWren
May 22, 2007, 05:34 PM
gambit04: The 2-disc DVD set is due out on Aug. 14, should cost about $20 or so, and will include, as extras, all 10 "fake" endings to the movie, as well as a second "discarded" cut of the movie! Remember the Hypno-Rims in the half-hour Movie Special in Season 5 (last year)? They didn't appear in the finished film; the entire subplot was cut out; the DVD will restore that, and more.

As for the Season 5 DVD set, it should be out near the end of the year, Season 6 should start somewhere near then, or perhaps early 2008.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2007-05-22 15:36 ]</font>

gambit04
May 22, 2007, 11:55 PM
Thx for the response I was worried b/c I missed almost all of season 5 and I love athf boost moble and handbannana was one of my favorite episodes.

As for the hypnorims that was a great. Carl having the broom up his butt then they removed it but had to put it back b/c they need to film more or something it was all hilarious can't wait to see it again!

Weeaboolits
May 22, 2007, 11:57 PM
On 2007-05-21 22:45, gambit04 wrote:

On 2007-05-21 22:43, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I don't live in Boston.Trying hard for that 1000 post eh?I was actually going for 999 before bed. ;]

OnnaWren
May 23, 2007, 05:43 PM
gambit04: Actually, Season 5 should be repeating itself either at the end of the month or the beginning of June.

"Boost Mobile", "Dirtfoot", "Handbanana", "Ezekial", and "Bart Oates" were all highlights, IMO. "Party All The Time" was weak, though. My SO has cancer, and it just wasn't that funny to us. (Besides, what the hell did Frylock do to desrve such a fate?!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2007-05-23 16:36 ]</font>

gambit04
May 25, 2007, 12:32 AM
OnnaWren: I wish I would upgrade my cable so I could see it but that is the reason I missed it the first time >.> Anyways I remember seeing the one with Frylock where he died wtf it was a really messed up episode and probably one of my least favorites. I really felt like that one went no where at all, even though they all do really, but at least the others are funny.

Congrats to everyone that is able to watch the movie or has it located close to them. If it was playing around here I would soooo go and watch it.

OnnaWren
May 25, 2007, 12:21 PM
It's been picked up again through the 31st. Go, damn ye, GO! XD

OnnaWren
May 31, 2007, 05:12 PM
UPDATE: Now playing this coming week, June 1-7 at 10 PM only. >_<

Season 5 started re-airing last night and will run for the next three weeks.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2007, 05:15 PM
I rarely go to the theater. ;]

OnnaWren
May 31, 2007, 06:22 PM
Well, one can wait for the DVD on Aug. 14, but movies are arguably always better on the big screen, when surrounded by friends (or at the very least, fellow fans).

And this one is hilarious in fits and starts. Laughter is infectious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

roygbiv
May 31, 2007, 06:48 PM
Well... whatever... I went and saw grindhouse at this theater.. it's kind of awesome because they sell beer inside + don't really care if you bring stuff in (it seems like).

OnnaWren
Jun 1, 2007, 12:59 PM
Yeah, they're cool like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

That, and they tend to play a lot of stuff that other theaters don't, giving everything, whether well-known or obscure, a fair shake.

DavidNel
Jun 2, 2007, 01:03 AM
The movie was so awsomely bad... Good sound track though, "I like your boodie, but I'm not gay..."

OnnaWren
Jun 2, 2007, 12:31 PM
America is The Land Of Bad Cinema... ;D

What, no props to "Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife"? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif