PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empires II

Nitro Vordex
May 15, 2007, 10:31 PM
Anyone played this game? If you played Red Alert (FTW) then its pretty close, just a mideval version of the game. Very entertaining, and keeps you on it for hours, literally. Takes a while, but very fun. If you wanna play online,though, you have to have the same connection as your friends, which really sucks.

Stupid Dial-Up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Genoa
May 16, 2007, 01:30 PM
III's been out for a long time if you weren't aware =/ but I loved Age of Empires II. I probably wasn't very good at it >_> but who'd know due to there not being online servers similar to b.net.
Which is why sc ftw =0 heh,
But yeah, AoEII is awesome =P

Orange_Coconut
May 16, 2007, 01:34 PM
AoE II <3

I haven't played the third one to be honest, maybe I should check it out. I heard it actually wasn't as good, but you can't take everything you hear to heart. So I should at least try it sometime.

Age of Empires II was a great game though, even the campaigns were rather entertaining. I actually have the game right next to me at the moment, though nobody has wanted to play it with me in such a long time. I never was all too great at it, but I had fun regardless.

Genoa
May 16, 2007, 01:38 PM
I haven't played III either :3 PC requirements are too high for me, but i'm getting a new computer sometime in the near future, maybe i'll pick it up.

MaximusLight
May 16, 2007, 01:55 PM
I've played one and two, debated getting three, but right now I actually am getting reabsorbed my Starcraft O_O. I have the orginal warcraft and warcraft two as well, though that's it since I leaft high school, didn't have the money for the others after that.

Solstis
May 16, 2007, 01:59 PM
Now AoE, that was fun (cheap). 200+ Catapult games = :/

For AoE II, English Longbowmen (or whatever they were called), a handfull of cavalry, and a smattering of trebuchets would crush any enemy (very slowly).

Genoa
May 16, 2007, 02:06 PM
it was all about the Turks and their guns. Elite Janissary ftw =0

Blitzkommando
May 16, 2007, 02:59 PM
Ah, good old AoE II. I always played as the Spanish with the expansion. 180 Elite Conquistadors is an unstoppable force. I would play LAN games with friends against the hardest level AI and damn were those fun times. Three of us teamed up against three of them.

Age of Empires III is pretty damn good too. I like the way the economics of the game is driven more and it doesn't take nearly as long to build up the resources as before. Of course, I'm one who would tend to build up economically very fast then blow it all in a short time period near the end as a gigantic army or navy and just rape the enemy. Doing so in III is a bit different but the concept still works the same.

My favorite part though was creating new scenarios. I'd always make extremely difficult scenarios where I would spend a good 10 to 15 hours fighting to beat it just due to the sheer numbers of enemy forces and fortresses.

astuarlen
May 16, 2007, 03:11 PM
*sigh* Great game. Never much for the single-player scenarios, but thank god for the Zone. PI DM all the way. :3
I am sure I would get raped if I tried to play again after, hmm, 6, 7 years.

I tried the AoE III demo and got my ass handed to me by the comp. :<

DikkyRay
May 16, 2007, 03:58 PM
i LOVE the AoE series (Mythology being my Favorite)
But i love AoEII cuz of the history XD
Me and another kid know assloads cuz we played it in AoEII
I miss El Cid..... I lost my fucking AoE II disk, i only have the expansion so i cant reinstall.....

Solstis
May 16, 2007, 05:10 PM
I learned more from the AoE instruction manuals than I did from banal World History textbooks.