PDA

View Full Version : Overall Best Character

DemiDeviMatt
Dec 13, 2002, 01:42 AM
so right now i got a FoMar who has limits due to his weak attacks and low D and HP, hence making him hard to use, ive been thinking of making either a HuNewearl or a RaMarl, but just out of curiousity what do YOU think is the overall best class, then from that class best character.

also i was wondering if certain races (in the LONG RUN) would be more beneficial to use (IE: robots with regen HP and New with the MP regen.

also please explain y

Etrigan
Dec 13, 2002, 01:54 AM
Definitely not RAmar. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamster.gif

Rhete
Dec 13, 2002, 04:30 AM
FOnewearl.

MalambisBZ
Dec 13, 2002, 04:33 AM
FOnewearl, because she has strong spells and high TP.

My favorite class is RAmar though.

Kyata
Dec 13, 2002, 06:22 AM
Its HUmar for me! Fairly well rounded stats and the ability to use most spells (really thankful for resta =D).

EsperJ
Dec 13, 2002, 06:32 AM
No real best type.

Easiest=Humar
Hardest=Fonewearl

Sedyne
Dec 13, 2002, 07:35 AM
On 2002-12-13 03:32, EsperJ wrote:
No real best type.

Easiest=Humar
Hardest=Fonewearl

How can you say that?! I've had 10x harder of a time leveling my HUmar than I have leveling my FOnewreal. I think RAcasts by far are the EASIEST to level, HUmar's are radicuously weak, take long time to kill off roms without very good equipment. I think they turned HUmars much weaker this epsidoe. Do you even have a HUmar? I don't mean tto go off but it pisses me off that people say that they are the easiest because they msot certainly are not. FO's with the exception of the mar/marls can destroy hoards of ulty enemies at like level 120 while HUmars still have trouble beating forest alone! FoShEeZy! =X

On another note: I believe RAcasts and FOnewreals/Newmns are the EASIEST classes to deal with. Why?

RAcasts at level 100 can go through ulty forest with a god damned Yellow Spread (the spread gun, unsure of it's name) and take out every enemy in 3 shots. I remmeber playing HS with one and i just left because i couldt hit a damn thing! as for FO's! As long as yuor techs are within 20's by level 100, you'll go through the reast of the game with complete ease....>_< that's why i made a FOnewreal well also plus there cute =x Overall i think MAR CLASSES have the hardest time, also since they recieve NO REGEN ability at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SedyneX930 on 2002-12-13 04:40 ]</font>

EsperFlame
Dec 13, 2002, 08:24 AM
If I were to say any class was the most powerful or best class oveall, it would be the Force.

Ranger is probably the easiest class to play, Just pick up a spread and keep shooting. You'll get exp for just about everything in the room and you might even get in a few killing blows.

Hunters would be the second easiest class to play, though they usually get into the thick of battle and get knocked around alot, they have the HP andthe Def to take the beating a few times before each heal and can dish out some serious damage.

Forces overall are the weakest class....at first. Early in the game the Foieand run techniquie only lasts so long as you gotta keep buying fluids and such. At least with Rangers and Hunters your not depending on the most expensive item to get you through an area. But later in the game once your TP skyrockets, your able to dish out some serious damage and keep on doing it without running back to town every 5 mins.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 08:54 AM
Althought it's something that I hate to admit, the best overall is still HUmar. Good HP, ATP, ATA, techs and weapons (referring to the male only variety). And, overall, they have the easiest time leveling up.

That said, looking at everyone's max stats, the class that I favor most is HUcast. The ATP and HP speaks for itself. But, obviously, if you're offline he isn't that good.

Anyway, I say stick with the FOmar. I've been playing with a high level FOmar recently, and he can handle himself in battle. Armed with a RED SABER & SOUL BANISH and high level support techs, he's quite capable of handling himself. (We're talking about Episode II Central Contral Area too - Techs seem almost useless there)

Elusive_Llama
Dec 13, 2002, 09:07 AM
Hunnies.

1. Hot elf chick in skimpy clothing.

2. All techs except Megid/Grants/Reverser/Anti up to level 20 (level 7 for Anti, I believe). Very useful, especially Zalure/Jellen.

3. High MST = more TP to play with.

4. Only Hunter class to get Shifta/Deband. S/D is the great equalizer for Hunnies vs the other Hunter classes, at least in games where S/D is not readily available.

5. TP regen.

As you can see, a Hunny's strengths lie in her techs. Some people would rather have higher HP/ATP at the expense of some techs, so they pick HUmar. Others would rather take it to the extreme and cut out all techs in favor of even higher HP/ATP, so they pick androids. In all honesty, I picked the Hunny solely for her looks, but her other advantages became apparent only through some few hours of playtime. Now...I really can't imagine using any other Hunter class. Shifta/Deband is so hard to let go of http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

As for which class is easiest to play...it would probably be the Ranger class. You stand at a distance and shoot things until they die. If they get too close, you run away, turn around and blast them some more. And you have unlimited ammo.

DemiDeviMatt
Dec 13, 2002, 10:25 AM
so right now my FoMar is lvl 57, i got around with a soul banish and a G assassin balde, and i use magic seldom, i mainly use it to dual and to take weaken groups of enemies, then i soul banish them, but overall due to the FoMars weak D and Low Hp is he w0rth using throughout the game?

Whatley
Dec 13, 2002, 10:36 AM
On 2002-12-13 03:32, EsperJ wrote:
No real best type.

I agree. There is really no best overall character. The best ones are the ones you are best at playing with.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 11:38 AM
Ignore the weak DFP for now, as a rare armor is all you need. Currently, my base DFP with a God/Body and Mag is in the 200's. With armor, shield and deband that number jumps up to the 700's.

Btw, I think you meant SOUL EATER, not SOUL BANISH - The BANISH requires an ATP of 850 to use and is the best partisan type weapon in the game, or so I've been informed.

I say stick with the FOmar. Every class has their growing pains (cept maybe HUmar). Unless you outfit a FOrce with items you've obtained from a high level character, you're gonna face tough times early on.

CrashCat
Dec 13, 2002, 11:59 AM
Yeah, it's all about playing style, you just have to find the character that fits you. I find the forces hard because I have a hard time juggling between nuking and support spells, so I went with a FOmarl and basically stick to the support unless I really need to whip out some offense to save someone's butt. I go with the robots for the rangers and hunters because I can't deal with trying to use support spells efficiently while trying to make sure I hit the right enemies the right way. I could probably handle a human ranger since it's not so important to make sure how you hit when you can shoot from a safe distance, but I have a hard time ignoring the RAcast's huuuge HP.

There's no really one answer, even some of the characters that look like they ought to be mediocre in stats like the HUcaseal tend to have other benefits. I was playing a HUcast for a while but after I realized how much better I liked the HUcaseal animations I just had to go back. Right now I've got all four slots on my card filled with CrashCats and I'm still not sure which one I like best.

EDarkness
Dec 13, 2002, 12:39 PM
It's a tough call. I think a few of the guys here are right in that it is up to the player to decide what works best. I have found that personally I like RAcaseal. Their defense, high HP, use of guns, and TRAPS really is my style of play. I find that I enjoy "trapping" more than shooting and I give credit to Sonic Team for giving androids that advantage. Nothing like running into a room in Ultimate and laying down a couple confuse traps and let the monsters do the damage to themselves. Then I go in to "clean up". Makes for some interesting fights.

The key is to find a character type you like and run with it. I've tried just about all of them except maybe a force, and I haven't done much with force characters. Force characters require a lot of time and money, especially with the cost of fluids being so high. I don't like that kind of micro-managing. Just take a little time to figure out what you like and run with whatever choice you make.

-EDarkness

Jae
Dec 13, 2002, 12:40 PM
As you can see, a Hunny's strengths lie in her techs. Some people would rather have higher HP/ATP at the expense of some techs, so they pick HUmar. Others would rather take it to the extreme and cut out all techs in favor of even higher HP/ATP, so they pick androids... I really can't imagine using any other Hunter class. Shifta/Deband is so hard to let go of

Amen to that. S+D+J+Z more than compensates for any physical weaknesses that the HUnewearl might have in comparison to the other HUs. Nothing beats being able to take care of yourself, either online of offline.

The RAmarl has the same type of tech advantage, but I hate shooting things from a distance. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I'd rather mix it up in the fray.

So I voted HUnewearl. Just my opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DemiDeviMatt
Dec 13, 2002, 08:42 PM
ima just stick with my FoMar for now and use my Gucci Asassin blades with the soul eater, until i find an item for a character to make use with. just in general are humans the worst class?

Vejita
Dec 13, 2002, 10:34 PM
The best class of character is the RAmar. They have it the best off overall. They are by far the cheapest character in the game, because unless you are playing completely wrong, you do not have to constantly fill up on mates or fluids. Their weapons get them easy experience because they rarely get damaged and you can shoot every enemy in the room one time before the characters in hand to hand combat can finish them off (this is especially easy to accomplish with a Shot-Type weapon). They can use a decent amount of techniques, mostly the ones they need, they have a average HP and TP, which is good, not bad. The point is, RAmar's do not excel highly above any other class in any catagory, they are just decent in every single one, which makes them the best character in PSO.

Alisha
Dec 13, 2002, 11:57 PM
phalnax how do you figure humar is most balanced? i play a ramarl and my room mate plays a humar im level 97 and she is level 87 i have ult seabed and ult mines unlocked and she cant even pass ult caves the combination of lshifta and zalure makes a big difference

[edit]i would of voted ramar/ramarl but really they are completely different characters

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2002-12-13 21:01 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2002-12-13 21:02 ]</font>

TeamPhalanx
Dec 14, 2002, 06:41 AM
In ultimate mode Jellen/Zalure is more important than Shifta/Deband, so, HUmar is in better shape than RAmar. (course, half the HUmar users are just too dang dumb to even use Jellen/Zalure)

Let's not forget that in terms of ATP, he has the second highest one in the game, only trailing the all-mighty HUcast.

In terms of growth and progress, he's probably the most steady. You start off with good ATP and ATA and MST is enough so you can use resta early. I can think of times when every character struggles - Except HUmar.

In terms of weapons he definetely has the edge over HUnewearl. Common or not the STAGE CUTLERY is a useful weapon mid way through the game. And I'm very envious of the fact that they get to use ZANBA.

00JOE
Dec 14, 2002, 12:01 PM
A hate topics like this... ANYWAYS... RAmars r0x0r cause they have the helmet! Give them a good Spread and they look cool and take all of your EXP!

Webapprentice
Dec 14, 2002, 01:13 PM
On 2002-12-13 05:54, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Anyway, I say stick with the FOmar. I've been playing with a high level FOmar recently, and he can handle himself in battle. Armed with a RED SABER & SOUL BANISH and high level support techs, he's quite capable of handling himself. (We're talking about Episode II Central Contral Area too - Techs seem almost useless there)

Simple techs are very good in the Central Control Area (100+ dmg with a level 20 tech). FOnewerals (with bonus to simple techs) would have a field day there. Enemies there are resistant to Normal and Hard techs.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 14, 2002, 02:54 PM
I've been meaning to ask - How to techs fair in Seabed?

Webapprentice
Dec 14, 2002, 04:24 PM
On 2002-12-14 11:54, TeamPhalanx wrote:
I've been meaning to ask - How to techs fair in Seabed?

In Ultimate difficulty, again, Simple techs are your friend. Episode 2 is considerably moer challenging than Episode 1.

I have level 26+ Hard techniques, and Seabed monsters on Ultimate barely take 100 dmg, while Simple techs do a lot of damage. They still have a lot of HP, though.

On lower difficulties, hard techs work, but simple techs still do the most damage. Sonic Team appears to have changed the damage ratios of techs. While hard techs dominated simple techs on the same level on the DC, it isn't the case with GC.

Blenjar
Dec 14, 2002, 05:26 PM
Humar are easy to start, they are really easy and do other tech. 2.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Dec 14, 2002, 06:14 PM
FOnewearl has been delightful for me to twink through the entire game :3. Fun is what counts, eh? :3

Alisha
Dec 14, 2002, 07:46 PM
On 2002-12-14 03:41, TeamPhalanx wrote:
In ultimate mode Jellen/Zalure is more important than Shifta/Deband, so, HUmar is in better shape than RAmar. (course, half the HUmar users are just too dang dumb to even use Jellen/Zalure)

Let's not forget that in terms of ATP, he has the second highest one in the game, only trailing the all-mighty HUcast.

In terms of growth and progress, he's probably the most steady. You start off with good ATP and ATA and MST is enough so you can use resta early. I can think of times when every character struggles - Except HUmar.

In terms of weapons he definetely has the edge over HUnewearl. Common or not the STAGE CUTLERY is a useful weapon mid way through the game. And I'm very envious of the fact that they get to use ZANBA.

firstly i said RAmarl not ramar but anyways this is starting to become more of a debate on ones meaning of balanced

TeamPhalanx
Dec 14, 2002, 08:39 PM
I do realize that you said RAmarl.

I don't think there's a single point in the game where its better to play as a RAmarl than a HUmar. Perhaps early into Ultimate mode, but as the HUmars I've seen have shown me, that struggling point is brief.

Both HUnewearl & RAmarl are superior to their male counterparts offline, but that's about it.

Annoy
Dec 14, 2002, 11:39 PM
It really depends on what you like to do the most.

if you like getting in and hacking away with a sword. then you'd like the HUmar or HUcast. The latter if you'd rather rund around hack at something, run off let your HP restore then rejoin the fight. The Traps from the HUcast are helpful in battle mode. Lay them in the entrance to the are you'r in, then as the person comes near, you want to hold them off with a Partisan or a Handgun, and then they trap blows up on them. Then there's the HUmar for Dashing in, hacking away, then resta-ing yourself and hacking away some more. Unfortunatley for the HUmar, Shifta and Deband are unavailable. So no special boost for you there, which really doesn't matter as long as your playing with a Force or some other Class that can use those Techs.

Then if you'd rather Stand back, shoot everyone, I'd have to Say the RAcast or RAmar. The RACast has the same advantages as the HUcast, and the same tech-disadvantages. But, while the RAcast is standing away from the fight, you're less likley to be hit, unless by a projectile from an enemy. But if you have a rifle, you should have ample time to move out of the way. Then the RAmar has pretty much the same advantages as the HUmar. Except it can ALSO back off, take a few pot shots at the enemy, move to a new place, and do it again. He can also use Shifta and Deband to augment the weaker power of your Guns.

Then there are the Forces. If you'd ratehr be a little more in the fight, you'd probably wanna be a FOmar. He can get in and attack, maybe steal a few TP. Then Dash out, pepper the area with a few RA-techs or GI-techs, run back in, take a few more TP, and do it all over again. FOmars are especially good when you run OUT of TP, and have a TP sucking weapon such as the Mahu.
Then ther are also the more Ranger-ish type FOneweral. She has a high MST in the beginning and throughout the game. She learns techs quickly, and when she uses them they are powerful. She also has the 2x Resta field, especially good when you get the highest level Resta (not sure what level). But then that's also bad in Battle, you don't want to be healing your enemies do you? But, the power she puts into some of those spells, could probably take out an enemy that's around your same level, before you have to resort to Resta. You could just use Mates of some kind.

Sooooo...truely it really depends on what you want, and like the most, or are the best with. Not very helpful am I? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Annoy on 2002-12-15 12:28 ]</font>

Whatley
Dec 15, 2002, 01:11 AM
Techs go up to lvl 30 with the exception of Anti, which is lvl 7(I actually found one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ).

I think Gi and Ra techs do less damage than the simple techs because they cover areas to hit multiple targets where as the simple techs only focus on one target except for Barta, which hits everything in a straight line.

The Gi and Ra techs have to divide up/spread the damage between all enemies within the area of them, plus they would lose some effectiveness while they spread out to hit the enemies.

It would be like the more cable(tv/phone/internet) you put between a source and user, the weaker the signal will get as you move farther away from the source. Then you would need a booster to make the signal stronger. That is where the merges come in. They act as boosters for the techs.

CajunSamurai
Dec 15, 2002, 01:39 AM
Bah, there's no best class, IMO. My favorite though? Tough choice, but I'd say FOnewearl.
Least favorite: HUmar. The only one I ever made was Fuku-san, a character based on the most annoying character EVER from Shenmue, and I only used him to get through C mode. Funny as hell, me and a friend decided to "kill" him afterward; we sent him into battle mode at Lv1 vs. my much higher level friend, and while punching out his horrible preset messages ("OUCH! Don't use THAT move!"), he ran away like a little bish before he was blown away in one hit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Caught it all on tape, along with me erasing him.
My point being: I hate HUmar. The most generic character I can imagine, and most designs I've seen of them are even MORE generic. That, and everyone and their mother has one.
Man, I'm gonna get flamed for that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

The_Drake
Dec 15, 2002, 05:56 AM
RAmar has got to be my favorite. Why? Free ranged attacks and enough techniques to carry you home at the end of the day. I just stand back and have fun with the spreads. I tend to keep a pistol around for when I need to shoot fast, very fast. They're also able to lug decent enough melee weapons to hold their own if you get pounced by a hoarde of Del Sabres, or somesuch. I mostly only use my heavy and special attacks, my ATA is high enough to rely on them consistently. But what it really boils down to is the fact that they're fun as all get out to play.

Ness
Dec 15, 2002, 10:30 AM
HUmars own and HUnewearls are pretty good too, but personally, I hate rangers. I think that rangers are boring.

BrokenHope
Dec 15, 2002, 10:41 AM
Heh if you say techs don't do a whole lot damage in CCA and seabed then you must play with crappy forces :/ megid outright owns ultimate mode, infact for FOnewearl at least they can easily piss off the other team members if they don't hold back. Ult seabed megid owns even more everything goes down in just a few megids.

I still don't think no shifta or deband and only level 15 jellen and zalure is worth the extra 160 atp a HUmar gets over a HUnewearl. HUmar also gets 10 less max def and only 1 more ata.

I guess his growth is probably better at lower levels but for when maxed i'd say HUnewearl is probably better.

Annoy
Dec 15, 2002, 03:26 PM
I hate HUmar. The most generic character I can imagine, and most designs I've seen of them are even MORE generic. That, and everyone and their mother has one.

I don't exactly like the HUmars either...but they are one of the better characters in the game. They have a lot of downsides though. They're boring to play with, too many of them on online play (from what I've heard anyway, I'm yet to get online). And most of their costumes are ugly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The only reason I have my HUmar anymore, is because he was the first I created. And because he's level 64, and I don't feel like restarting him as something else. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif oh...and because he makes a good defender for my FONeweral when I have him take her to higher stages than I've unlocked. (V-hard anything, she's still on Hard mode). So yeah http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif They make good defenders...but otherwise I'd go with a HUcast, or HUneweral. They're more fun...

Toyzferall
Dec 15, 2002, 10:43 PM
As it's been said before, there is no best class. Well, at least, not anymore. In Ver.1 and 2, HUmars were the best. Hands-down. GREAT stats, and they could cast anything. However, ST thankfully screwed them over. They actually aren't terribly good at all, anymore. Well, not in partys. Offline, they're still great. Online, however, they aren't that good. They have no specialization. Online, they're basically a weaker version of the HUcast. Unless yer in a game of nothing but HUnters. And even still, Hunnys handle it better. Sadly, though, I have seen MULTIPLE games of four HUmars. I guess in a group of four, they could be pretty effective, as long as everything is constantly J/Z. I love HUcasts. They look badassed, and their ATP is godly. Equip a sword or partisan, and yer on par with most FOrces. The difference? You can survive more than two hits. Then again, yer also not hitting EVERYTHING in the room. Freeze traps 0wn. Still, there's no best class. But it all depends on skill. Want to know my true opinion? For an exceptionally skilled player, I say HUcaseals. Why? If you're a truely good player, then you don't NEED any stats but ATP and ATA. They have decent ATP, and really good ATA. The biggest reason, I think, though, is their combos. HUcaseals have, hands-down, the BEST combos in the game. Usually. I hate their saber combo. But everything else is godly. Oh, and you can't forget traps. Skilled trapping is badassed. Well, that, and HUcaseals win, by FAR, the award for having the nicest ass of any female character in the game. I still play my HUcast, though... Nothing like decimating a Belra on VHard with 5 hits... One thing that STILL confuses me, though... RAcasts and RAcaseals. WHY do they have such high DFP? They aren't supposed to be tanking! It's common sense that the HUcast would have the highest DFP, right? Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they toned down his ATP, but I think HUcasts should have the highest DFP and HP of any character. It would make sense. In V4, I think HUcasts should have the highest DFP and HP, but incredibly low EVP, and craptastic ATA. ((Heh. They already do!)) Maybe a knock off their ATP, too. RAmars... I used to HATE. But, upon a closer inspection... I'd LOVE to see a RAmar with 4 God/Arm++'s, a 194 DEX MAG, and a spread with an instakill special. *Drools* Anyways... That's my two cents, like it or not.

Toyzferall
Dec 15, 2002, 10:49 PM
On 2002-12-14 22:39, CajunSamurai wrote:
My point being: I hate HUmar. The most generic character I can imagine, and most designs I've seen of them are even MORE generic. That, and everyone and their mother has one.
Man, I'm gonna get flamed for that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

LOL! Good! Somebody had to say some of that stuff. Yep, you prolly will get flamed. But it'll be funny. Yer mother saying... That's MY saying! XD Ah well. Yeah, they're the most common character online, and majority of them have long white hair, and wear black. They also have some of the WORST faces and hairs. I actually really like the shape of his costume, though. I think it's pretty cool. I don't like most of the colors for his costumes, though.

SpYdEr_0nE
Dec 16, 2002, 12:50 AM
Personally i enjoy RAmars because if you pump the MAGs u can have a decent atp and still get in on the melee's that HUmars are so famous for, and the spreads rule...with a METEOR SMASH i can use resta all day by stealing tp while everyone else does the drty work, and i egt exp for shooting things, while functioning as a less than FOmar medic, all things aside my facorite overall is the RA- Class

Humars are good too, but there are so MANY of them, GOD, i see a HUmar every minute of my life on PSO. But u cannot ignore HU-class , thier wepon power is not to be matched at high lvls, especially if u are a HUcast.

Personally i do not like FO-Classess I cam't stand em, so i got nothin to say about em

The_Drake
Dec 16, 2002, 05:49 AM
LOL! Good! Somebody had to say some of that stuff. Yep, you prolly will get flamed. But it'll be funny. Yer mother saying... That's MY saying! XD Ah well. Yeah, they're the most common character online, and majority of them have long white hair, and wear black. They also have some of the WORST faces and hairs. I actually really like the shape of his costume, though. I think it's pretty cool. I don't like most of the colors for his costumes, though.

Big sword, white hair, wears black....Sounds like more then a few people have a Sephiroth complex.

Elusive_Llama
Dec 16, 2002, 11:03 AM
Seeing as how the Zanba looks like Cloud's Buster, I'm surprised I don't see more Cloud Strifes running around...seeing as Cloud was the one who wasted Sephiroth.

Part of the reason why some characters are considered 'crappy' and some characters are 'godly' can be traced back to the player.

Example:
It's a fact that many male players would rather pick a male character to play instead of a female character. I think it has something to do with peer pressure, so that their friends don't call them a 'sissy boy' for playing a Hunny.

Then there are those male players who play a male character because they LIKE the class, and also they were trying to recreate a favourite character of their own. Likewise, there are male characters who play female characters exclusively because they LIKE them (mmm...Hunny booty... ;p) That's exactly the way it should be, people play whichever character they like best and learn to live with that character's strengths/disadvantages.

That's not to say that personal opinion can't be expressed. If somebody says that Humars suck, then they must be used to playing another type of character and can't imagine not having tp regen, or having lowly level 15 techs and no shifta/deband.

If another person says all androids suck because they don't have techs to back them up, then that's their play-style speaking. I'm sure there are some androids out there managing to just scrape by with their mates and star atomizers...

And if somebody says that Hunnys suck, then they must be insane (but of course, that's just my personal opinion http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elusive_Llama on 2002-12-16 08:06 ]</font>