PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding topic moving.

Zorafim
May 17, 2007, 01:53 AM
Let's say you start a topic in PSU general, but it's more a gameplay mechanic question. That'd mean that it would be moved to the PSU guide forum, right? Then, if the conversation in the topic changes to ranting, would it would be moved again to the rant forum? And if the ranting changed to just random spamming, would it be moved to the landfill forum? If the conversation moved one last time to PSU related items, would it be moved back to PSU general?

Hypothetical question of course, I just want to make sure I know the system. To this day, it confuses me.

Sinue_v2
May 17, 2007, 02:00 AM
The system is based on a moderators good judgement, and there really aren't very many iron-clad rules dictating where to and when a topic should be moved that I am aware of.

Honestly, I never really questioned their decisions since it doesn't really matter to me - and wonder why others often make such a big deal about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-17 00:01 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 17, 2007, 02:00 AM
I don't think anything gets moved out of FKL, I've never seen it anyway.

Weeaboolits
May 17, 2007, 02:11 AM
Sometimes it's nice to know things just to know them.

Orange_Coconut
May 17, 2007, 02:17 AM
On 2007-05-17 00:11, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Sometimes it's nice to know things just to know them.

Now I know that you know how you feel about the subject of knowing things just to be able to know them. =)

But yeah, I guess it's really up to the mods on that front.. I mean, if it turns into an argument then I think they usually end up closing the topic (unless it was a rant-like topic to begin with) or they'd ask the people participating in the argument to stay on topic and take their conflict elsewhere or settle it privately. At least, that's what I would think.

Weeaboolits
May 17, 2007, 02:22 AM
As was said before, it's up to the mods, if they decide there's too much flaming, you get the lock, they decide it's too much ranting, off to DHS; too much spam, well, then welcome to FKL. >:]

Ketchup345
May 17, 2007, 12:30 PM
Well this one is getting moved because its a question about the site, so it will go to Site Related.

I judge it by the topic starter and the first few posts after it. If a thread changes/moves off topic enough to require a move from where it should belong, it will usually get a lock and not a move.

I believe some threads have been moved out of FKL. When it does happen, FKLers sometimes make a big deal about it and celebrate.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2007-05-17 10:31 ]</font>

Ryna
May 17, 2007, 02:51 PM
Topics are moved/locked/merged/deleted based on the judgement of the moderator. A judgement is made after looking at the intention of the first post and the ensuing conversation. Depending on the direction the topic is taking, it maybe moved to a more appropriate forum.

Zorafim
May 17, 2007, 03:49 PM
I'm loving the irony. A topic asking about "topics being moved" was moved.

Thanks for answering, that cleared up my question. I've noticed that my topics get moved alot, so I'll try to be a bit more careful where I post them. I swear, I'm not actively trying to make it hard on the moderators >.>

Ryna
May 17, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-05-17 13:49, Zorafim wrote:
I'm loving the irony. A topic asking about "topics being moved" was moved.

Keep in mind that if you want to ask a moderator-related question, the most appropriate place to ask is Site Related.

Zorafim
May 17, 2007, 09:22 PM
I realize the reasoning of it being moved, I still think it's beautifully ironic that it was moved without me expecting it to be.