PDA

View Full Version : Nights quest

SELENNA
Dec 13, 2002, 09:54 AM
Is it me or this quest is going to rock? And will it be the night on seaside, like on the picture provided by ST??? Wow!

Foggy_Pete
Dec 13, 2002, 04:53 PM
wait isnt this just for the jpn servers? what a rip! seems sega has forgotten all bout us little americans

Blur2168
Dec 13, 2002, 05:23 PM
that would be so stupid if its only JPN servers. yet another stupid reason to pay ST 9 bucks a month and get ABSOLUTLY NO cool stuff that JPN gets. ::sigh::

DirewolfX
Dec 13, 2002, 06:02 PM
All we know is that the Japanese servers are getting it on Dec. 19th. I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Christmas quest as well... it just hasn't officially been announced for us yet.

Then again... weren't they linking the servers around the 15th? You could just go to the Japanese servers and play the quest.

CajunSamurai
Dec 13, 2002, 09:17 PM
Man, I hope we get it. I'm rather confident that we will...
Ever since I saw the early screens of it several months ago, I was excited. It might be closest thing we'll ever get to a NiGHTS sequel. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
I hope those that missed this game the first time around will be able to experience it, at least in a bitesize, one level form.

Barubary6
Dec 13, 2002, 09:19 PM
I've played this quest already, I think. It's fun.

I've already known about nighttime Seaside for a month now. After the whole RedYoshi Control Tower debacle, I didn't talk about nighttime Seaside to anyone.

-- Barubary

Phobos-X
Dec 13, 2002, 11:28 PM
On 2002-12-13 14:23, Blur2168 wrote:
that would be so stupid if its only JPN servers. yet another stupid reason to pay ST 9 bucks a month and get ABSOLUTLY NO cool stuff that JPN gets. ::sigh::

Ha! its a known fact that we are paying about DOUBLE of what JP players play and havent gotten anything besides a Halloween Quest http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

I too thought we had a chance at getting it, until i noticed it said "JP servers" This is why i havent renewd my HL, im not paying SIMPLY for access, i want some DL content too

Maverynthia
Dec 13, 2002, 11:36 PM
I have a question...dumb as it may be because MY copy of PSO hasn't come yet...

Do they keep the Halloween quest up or have they ripped it down by now?

I don't want to pay for HL and then not be able to view what I missed thanks to SEGA's deficient game stock.

dj_dan
Dec 14, 2002, 09:43 PM
I have the import, and yes I'm really looking forward to this quest.
Though I have a question.

For the Halloween quest, I had my language setting set to english, and everything worked fine, so I can conlcude that online quests are in all languages.

Now if they release the Nights quest and I can play it with the english setting, why would they delay to release this quest for the poor yanks?

It seems Sonic Team sometimes goes out of their way, not to exclude the americans, but to make the jp players feel more exclusive.

Tiger
Dec 14, 2002, 10:12 PM
You should have all been prepared for this like I have been. It's tipical sega bull$hit. plain and simple. Wanna know another reason the servers arent connected? So there is no affiliation with us. So those 2 PSO's are 2 whole seperate games. So you cant sue them over it.

CajunSamurai
Dec 14, 2002, 11:13 PM
And if Sega of America has any role in this, well, there ya go. They're only MARGINALLY better than Sega of Europe, and that's pretty sad. Sega JP has always treated their fans like FANS, unlike SoA and SoE that seem to go out of their way to make us feel like crap. Anyone that's been following them for the past 5-6 years knows what I mean. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Now we just gotta wait for another unscheduled, out-of-the-blue server maintenence and cross out fingers, hope, PRAY that we get something, ANYTHING new. I'm confident we'll get Christmas decorations; ST has always been on top of that and I have no reason to think that we'd miss out on the biggest holiday of the year.
If they can add that, I bet we'll also get the NiGHTS quest at around the same time. It can't come soon enough though.

I'll still believe the server link when I see it, as much as I'd love that to be true.

CajunSamurai
Dec 15, 2002, 12:10 AM
**Possible quest spoilers, if you don't want to know jack about this quest, please scroll further down and skip this part of the post**

From IGN.com:
"December 13, 2002 - Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II developer Sonic Team announced today that it would launch the "Messenger from a Dream Quest" for the Japanese version of its multiplayer online title on December 13. Like other quests in PSO, it is designed for four players and will have the popular Sega character Nights from the Saturn game of the same name.
Once the Nights Quest is completed, players receive the key item "Nights Score Attack" which can be used to unlock a mini-game called "Nights Score Attack", which is downloaded to the Game Boy Advance via the GameCube link cable.

Additionally, the lobby of the game changes from December 19 and features Christmas decorations, including a Christmas tree. The holiday theme ends on December 25."

**End of possible spoilers**

And once again, we only get information on the Japanese version. This is agrivating. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif I'd expect that we'd get a Christmas theme on or around the 19th as well though, if not earlier. I mean, jeez, that only leaves a week for the decorations anyway. Were the Halloween decorations up for only a week as well?

SELENNA
Dec 15, 2002, 01:19 AM
Yeah, that really sucks. Why JP gamers get the good stuff and we don't get it? I mean, we pay an Hunter's License like them, no? Aren't we supposed to have the same bonuses? This is pure discrimination against us, american players(and euro players).

I really think Sega must think about it....and deliver the stuff that we need(hey, 1 week of decorations, that's not enough. At least two, come on!)

Blame them if we don't get Nights quest on time....but I'm sure we'll get it....yeah after the JP gamers another time!:@

Phobos-X
Dec 16, 2002, 06:46 AM
Well maybe now that the servers are connected, we might be able to DL the NiGHTS, if so it would be a sigh of relief, if not, Sega is getting a lotta spam mail...

Disastorm
Dec 16, 2002, 07:23 AM
yea i think well be able to, i heard we can download the japanese quests if ure in a game in the japanese servers

Huntley
Dec 16, 2002, 11:57 PM
So if we have the US version of the game can we just play it on the JP servers?

Disastorm
Dec 17, 2002, 07:25 AM
yes should be able too, it will prabably be japanese though

Metal_Gear
Dec 17, 2002, 08:12 AM
Nope. I've played the Pioneer Warehouse and Reach for the Future quests on the JP servers using my NTSC copy of PSO. They were both completely in English, so I don't expect much different from this quest.