PDA

View Full Version : My first post...Cheaters sicken me.

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:04 PM
I'm new to PSO, as I never had it for the Dreamcast.

I bought a GC, imported a BBA and paid my first month.

So I love the game, as I rarely play anything above 16-BIT.

I have 120+ hours logged in it.

Today I was playing with a level 40 and he pulled out the same sword that I played my ass off for.

(Red Sword +52)

Doing more damage than I was and I'm 47 levels higher than him!

What the fuck?

Is this the way it was on DC?

Can't these motherfuckers play legit?

There are duped weapons all over the place and if offered, I won't accept.

This is ridiculous, any chance Sega will do anything? Or do I have to work my ass off to stay on par with low level characters?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 12:09 PM
Hmmm...

He probably wasn't a cheater. RED SWORD is more findable in GC PSO, and odds are he found it with a high level character and gave it to his lower level character.

Not too many duped weapons going on these days... However, watch out for:

Anything made with Olga DNA
DOUBLE CANNON (guaranteed to be a a dupe)
BLACK KING BAR (2nd most duped item)

GimpyBoy
Dec 13, 2002, 12:11 PM
Sonic Team is working on it, but if you think it's bad now, wait until the AR comes out. Right now all you see is frequent duping, but othe characters shouldn't bother you. You just gotta enjoy the game the best you can and not let the newbie dupe trade happy kids bother you. It's a million times more worth it to be get the thing and levels yourself than grab a dupe.

Besides the real annoying hacking has yet to even begin on the GC.

:sees dark storm a coming:

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:13 PM
On 2002-12-13 09:09, TeamPhalanx wrote:
Hmmm...

He probably wasn't a cheater. RED SWORD is more findable in GC PSO, and odds are he found it with a high level character and gave it to his lower level character.

Not too many duped weapons going on these days... However, watch out for:

Anything made with Olga DNA
DOUBLE CANNON (guaranteed to be a a dupe)
BLACK KING BAR (2nd most duped item)

So I'm 47 levels higher than him and he is more powerful?

WTF?

Black Bars are all over...

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 12:17 PM
Heh... Odds are my level 22 FOnewearl can do more damage than the guy with the RED SWORD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Anyway, as long as he isn't killing everything in sight it's not a big deal. I mean, with my FOnewearl I had to cast Jellen on the enemies first since any one of my attack techs meant a 1-hit kill. After my teammates got their hits in, I just finished 'em off.

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:20 PM
On 2002-12-13 09:11, GimpyBoy wrote:
Sonic Team is working on it, but if you think it's bad now, wait until the AR comes out. Right now all you see is frequent duping, but othe characters shouldn't bother you. You just gotta enjoy the game the best you can and not let the newbie dupe trade happy kids bother you. It's a million times more worth it to be get the thing and levels yourself than grab a dupe.

Besides the real annoying hacking has yet to even begin on the GC.

:sees dark storm a coming:

All of my 120 hours have been AWESOME!

I love the game and I feel bad I didn't play it on DC.

Damn BBA wouln't work.

Why can't people be honest?

Lord knows EVERYONE has cheated on a game, but this is pathetic!

I'm not really a hardcore gamer, but when I log enless hours into a game only to have some punk show me up with his 1337 HaXX0R skillZ, I'm gonna be pissed.

I guess I'll hop back on my Neo-Geo http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

This is pathetic...

googles
Dec 13, 2002, 12:29 PM
he probly had a lvl 200 mag with alot of pow. Maybe some pow units. He could be legit and do more dmg. Its possible. Just depends on your units and mag.

Jae
Dec 13, 2002, 12:29 PM

You know, people often have more than one character. That allows for the higher level char to transfer weapons to the lower level char.

Also, a lot of times people raise MAGs for their new characters before they even begin playing them. That could be an explanation of why he was doing more damage than you? MAG transferring isn't exactly wrong IMO... but I wouldn't do it online while I'm playing on teams. It ruins the challenge and fun for everyone else...

I'll tell you, my lvl 12 FOnewm does disgusting amounts of damage in Normal mode equipped with an Autogun and my HUnewearl's lvl 200 Kama mag.

In other words, the guy you were playing with probably wasn't cheating... he just gave some (legit, but unfair) advantages to his new character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2002-12-13 09:31 ]</font>

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:32 PM
On 2002-12-13 09:29, Jae wrote:

You know, people often have more than one character. That allows for the higher level char to transfer weapons to the lower level char.

Also, a lot of times people raise MAGs for their new characters before they even begin playing them. That could be an explanation of why he was doing more damage than you? MAG transferring isn't exactly wrong IMO... but I wouldn't do it online while I'm playing on teams. It ruins the challenge for everyone else...

I'll tell you, my lvl 12 FOnewm does disgusting damage in Normal mode equipped with an Autogun and my HUnewearl's Kama mag.

My MAG is level 200 with 110 POW

My ATP is 1800

How can he be more powerful?

As I said, I'm new and all, but it doesn't make sense.

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:36 PM
On 2002-12-13 09:32, TonK wrote:

On 2002-12-13 09:29, Jae wrote:

Also, a lot of times people raise MAGs for their new characters before they even begin playing them. That could be an explanation of why he was doing more damage than you? MAG transferring isn't exactly wrong IMO... but I wouldn't do it online while I'm playing on teams. It ruins the challenge for everyone else...

I'll tell you, my lvl 12 FOnewm does disgusting damage in Normal mode equipped with an Autogun and my HUnewearl's Kama mag.

My MAG is level 200 with 110 POW

My ATP is 1800

How can he be more powerful?

As I said, I'm new and all, but it doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm using two Ogre Pows and doing AVG 560 a strong attack.

He was doing 780?

I'm really confused...

We both had Shifta and Deband cast on us.

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:38 PM
Also, if I'm wrong, I truly apologize to them member, if he is here.

I just don't understand, thats all.

I may have jumped to a wrong conclusion.

And he was using a Heat Sword BTW.

googles
Dec 13, 2002, 12:39 PM
maybe he had better % on his wep. You cant hack %'s on gc pso...yet..

SaitoH
Dec 13, 2002, 12:43 PM
He could have an awesome % weap. He could have a 190 pow mag, he could have 4 god powers, he could of saved up 100 pow mats to give to this character ...

*shrugs*

I don't see why you are getting worked up about it.

TonK
Dec 13, 2002, 12:49 PM
On 2002-12-13 09:43, SaitoH wrote:
He could have an awesome % weap. He could have a 190 pow mag, he could have 4 god powers, he could of saved up 100 pow mats to give to this character ...

*shrugs*

I don't see why you are getting worked up about it.

I thought the higher the level, the better you are, as I said I'm new.

Where do you get this stuff?

God's and others.

I'm really dense when it comes to PSO.

milk
Dec 13, 2002, 12:58 PM
What they are saying is he could have the same weapon as you, just with higher percentages. He could also have made a mag with 190 power and could have found power materials (+2 permenantly to power) and gave them to his character.

In a perfect world level would determine power, but sadly that is not all that truly does.

GimpyBoy
Dec 13, 2002, 01:02 PM
On 2002-12-13 09:49, TonK wrote:
[quote]
I thought the higher the level, the better you are, as I said I'm new.

Where do you get this stuff?

God's and others.

I'm really dense when it comes to PSO.

Actually that doesn't really matter. If you save up weapons and Armor with high enough % you can cause lowere lev chars to have huge power ratings. Who knows if he was just swapping originals to his new charrie or if they traded for dupes, but when it comes down to it, just don't play with the guy. lol

I mean as long as you're having fun who cares, find some new people, but that's just me.

Jae
Dec 13, 2002, 01:06 PM
Don't worry, I never played PSO before CG either. Just keep playing and things come together. Yeah, as far as I know there's no way to 'hack' a weapon yet on this version.

Levels are usually a good indicator of how strong a character will be, but there's always (legit) ways to tweak your stats. Raising MAGs for specific purposes, God/units, and mats are good ways to set your character apart from the average though.

Most of the God/units can be found in Ultimate, some get lucky and find them in VHard though. Check out the Item Database... I never really bothered to really research who finds what as far as God/units go... except for the God/Battle.

BigDaddy
Dec 13, 2002, 01:24 PM
What class are you? What class was he?

A Lv 100 HUcast with maxxed ATP mats, given the right equipment, could easily do more damage than any Lv 147 Force/Ranger with Shifta.

Gazebo
Dec 13, 2002, 03:59 PM
OH NO!, my favorite wep is a dupe!? that sucks ass.... I have only ever seen one Black King Bar besides my own. : (

MilkManX
Dec 13, 2002, 04:16 PM
Welcome to PSOW Tonk aka Cappadonna(NEO-GEO.com http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

Yeah there are a few cheaters but he could have some random slot item equiped(God Power?) Just stick to Antares 8 and you should be okay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MilkManX on 2002-12-13 13:17 ]</font>

Sapphire87
Dec 13, 2002, 10:20 PM
Just because someone can do more damage than you for whatever reason, legit or non-legit, doesn't make him better than you. Just because someone has more rares than you doesn't mean he's superior to you. PSO is not about who owns the most rares, or who can do the most damage, or kill the fastest, or has the most wins in battle. This isn't Quake or Unreal where your self worth is measured by the number of frags or kills. It's all about having fun, making friends, working as a team, sharing with those who have less, helping those who seek help. You'll derive greater enjoyment from PSO if you focus on the greater picture, than just worry about what one person does with a meaningless weapon.