PDA

View Full Version : STEAM

Uncle_bob
May 19, 2007, 03:22 PM
Steam sucks horribly. It used to be good, but ever since I started using it again about a month ago it has just completely gone down-hill.

Their support areas on their website did not help, the forums are useless, and e-mailing them did nothing as it wouldn't work.

My problem is this:

I cannot get any servers to be shown. I simply get a "Cannot connect to master game server" error. I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING.

I've upgraded my router's firmware, done port forwarding (even though the connection test said there were no problems there!), reinstalled STEAM, deleted certain files, checked for malicious programs, closed all other programs while running STEAM, etc... Nothing works.

STEAM refuses to help me, any chance someone here would know what to do?

VioletSkye
May 19, 2007, 08:22 PM
Copied from another forums, don't know if it will help or not, but may be worth a try:

Try loading steam and going to "File->Change User..." and log out and log back in again - sometimes this 'resets' Steam to work correctly.

If this doesn't work try deleting your ClientRegistry.blob file in the root of your Steam directory and restarting/re-logging on to Steam.

Uncle_bob
May 20, 2007, 11:26 PM
asdf.

Thanks, I gave that a try but it didn't help. I've also deleted my ClientRegistry.blob before.

Apparently someone from STEAM finally contacted me, and he said he was "confident we could resolve the issue". I guess I'll update here. Thanks again.