PDA

View Full Version : Not trying to be racist...

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 07:05 AM
Those of African descent seem to take offense to everything now adays so i gotta be curious how do you not be racist when trying to describe someone...

Apparently though the various words have different meanings...

#1) Black = Someone who's ancestors were slaves in america.

#2) African-American = Those who came from africa and legally became citizen within 2 generations.

#3) Negroid = Anyone that has lots of melanin in their skin.

#4) Nigger = A good for nothing

#5) Nigga = A friend

#6) Brother = A politically charged usage which calls for all those who are of african descent to take some sort of action usually.

#7) Brotha = A friend

#8) Colored = anyone not "white"

#9) Boy = a condescension

#10) Chimp = A reference to an uncivilized nature.

that's all i can remember right now...

Now... I understand wanting to be called what one wants and I fully respect that, but the thing is no matter what someone calls someone of african descent of some sort they seem to get upset.

So how does one not be racist if no matter what one says you take it as a racist comment?

I also have to mention that "chimp" and "boy" have nothing to do with race yet they have become as such due to oversensitivity.

Negroid and mongoloid are considered racist, but caucasoid is not for some reason... the same applies for cracker and wigger which are both racist, but noone views them as such.

So what's the deal?

SabZero
May 20, 2007, 08:13 AM
I heard the term "nigger" came from what they used to call someone from Nigeria (not in a derrogative way). Since the slave owners didn't want to bother with distinguishing their slaves origins, everyone from africa was called that (and turned it into a derrogative).

I think what counts is the intent. Exxcept "nigger" since it was so misused. Besides, why would you call a person by their homelands name anyway.

Also, (black) people aren't above racism, they're humans after all.

The only way to solve those issues is education.

Midicronica
May 20, 2007, 08:15 AM
I've never heard of negroid or monogoloid before, but uh... I don't get upset when I hear these words or even when they're targeted towards me. The ability to ignore people outweighs the desire to take any negative action toward someone.

I can't really put into words why "boy" is seen as condescending, so I'll just leave it alone. "Chimp", however is seen as a racial slur because sometime long ago, someone said that blacks resembled that of a monkey and uh...y'know what..nevermind. >>;

In any case, I don't care who says any of these words because they don't bother me. I'll agree that some people do act a little oversensitive about some these words.

rena-ko
May 20, 2007, 08:18 AM
boy as in 'waiter', 'servant', 'dependent / owned person'.

anyway, what would you like to be called? draw your conclusion from that question.

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 08:19 AM
Black. We're black, just call us black.
Theres nothing African about me.

Lets also not forget the fact that Africa isn't the only land with native Blacks.
There are a lot of islands out there with native Blacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-05-20 06:38 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 08:47 AM
See the difference is that if I call you black more than likely someone will throw a fit and say "no we're african american"

The problem i'm getting at is that just about anyone else is not like this... Look if you call a latino person a spic it's racist as it has been clearly set forth as such and universally accepted as such, but if I call someone who have african ancestors anything other than "those of african descent" more than likely someone will have a problem with it.

It's even extended into words that have nothing to do with race... "boy" and "chimp" are both insults i'll give you that, but they are not racial. Nappy, niggardly, bro, and several other words are all bitched about as if they have some racially charged backing to them just from saying them, but they have nothing to do with race.

In fact "brother"/"brotha" is a derivitive of "bro" which was something that native americans, hawaiians and whites used long ago. Hell, in Europe there are "brotherhoods"...speaking of which that word could be considered racial, but luckily it's not used all that often.

I'm not saying everyone is like this and there are a lot of whites that are the root of this too. We all know how stupid modern people have been with political correctness and safety...

Skuda
May 20, 2007, 09:11 AM
I don't have much to say, but I think this quote is pretty relevant.

Quoted from the Venture Bros: Fallen Arches:

Jefferson: Yes, I only hunt Blackulas.
Fish Creature: Oh, so you only hunt African-American vampires.
Jefferson: No, sometimes I hunt British vampires. They don't have African-Americans in England.
Fish Creature: Oh yeah. Yeah, good point.
Jefferson: So I hunt Blackulas.
Fish Creature: I was just trying to be...
Jefferson: Man I specialize in hunting black vampires, I don't what the PC name for that is.

Political correctitude is so screwed up. What might be fine to one person, could be offensive to another. It's been making pansies out of politicians for years.

I just try and be myself, and if something I say offends someone, I appologize. *shrug*

FOAtHeart
May 20, 2007, 10:03 AM
I have never met a black person in my whole life who minded being referred to as "black." Do these crazy PC people actually exist? I have a sneaking suspicion they are just being made up by the racists.

Solstis
May 20, 2007, 10:18 AM
I only say "African American" to make white people feel comfortable. I dunno, sense of guilt or something spurs the desire to be PC.

I usually just say black, though.

Ethan-Waber
May 20, 2007, 10:34 AM
I call black people niggers, just because they call each other niggers so I have the right to call them niggers if I want.

ShinMaruku
May 20, 2007, 11:10 AM
On 2007-05-20 06:19, DizzyDi wrote:

Lets also not forget the fact that Africa isn't the only land with native Blacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DizzyDi on 2007-05-20 06:38 ]</font>

Exactly, I don't give fuck bout Africa. My ancestors may have been from there but I got others that are from FAAAR from there and you would not know lookin at me (My grandparents you could see it)
Some people talkin about Africa with stars in their eyes baffle me. They never been there and would not like it either.
As for them terms how most people use them is stupid.
Like the term Nigga that's very stupid and so diluted that I see white and asian kids calling themselves that (To where I said to myself, Rappers are great to influence them like that. Then again most people follow)
Mostly used by follow fasion people who are like cattle thus making sevral situations possible for them to get frigged over.

Firocket1690
May 20, 2007, 11:13 AM
On 2007-05-20 08:34, Ethan-Waber wrote:
I call black people niggers, just because they call each other niggers so I have the right to call them niggers if I want.

Man's got a point. To a sense. If some black kid comes up to me, and asks "hey, ma 'lil nigga" and offers a high five, I'd give them five, and say the same phrase back, to which he'd probably laugh their ass off 'cause a little asian girl openly said "lil nigga" and has every right to.

'cause denying certain races vocabulary and not others is racism in itself. If you're offended at other people throwing around such phrases that are "your word" then don't use it yourself.

ShinMaruku
May 20, 2007, 11:18 AM
To tell you the turth people who use those words have little sense. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

-Shimarisu-
May 20, 2007, 11:31 AM
I use black because I'm british and don't give a shit, no it doesn't mean "ancestors were slaves in America" more like "probably jamaican in origin."

I use "negroid" to describe looks as in "negroid features" because it's the correct word.

I don't use anything else. All the other words are stupid and "black" isn't deemed offensive in UK anyway, nor is "she has negroid features."

-Shimarisu-
May 20, 2007, 11:33 AM
Also Durakken, "mongoloid" is not considered racist, just offensive because the meaning has entirely changed to "has downs syndrome."

Ah, you crazy Americans.

ABDUR101
May 20, 2007, 11:39 AM
See, I have a friend who goes to africa for safari hunts with her husband; and they just refer to the people from africa as "blacks". Like "The blacks there are really nice and down to earth, when my husband shot a giraffe, we donated the carcass to a local village."(her husband is a trophy sportsman, but since they don't want the kill to goto waste, they give it to a local tribe)

But then I've heard blacks go off the handle and say "I'm AFRICAN, I'm from the motherland.", if you don't refer to them as african-american. And then I just roll my eyes and think "ok, get a fucking name-tag and t-shirt so everyone will know your ancestory". It's one thing to be proud of your ancestory, it's another to expect other people to know it just by looking at you. I think some blacks are just ignorant to the fact that they come from more parts of the world than just africa. The slave boats weren't the last cross-oceanic means of transportation; people enter this country all the time.

I don't so much care about being PC; depends entirely where I am. If I'm in a professional atmosphere, I'll be professional; if I'm amongst friends who are comfortable making fun jabs at each other, then thats nobodies business but ours, and if someone does feel something is overboard, as a friend it's their place to be allowed to say "hey ok, thats alittle too far, lets tone it back".

My dad for instance works with a small black guy about my height, and since my Dad has worked there for so long, him and this guy have been there longer than most of the other employees at nightshift(at Nitterhouse Concrete). So him and this black guy will sit in the lunch room just throwing all the racist statements they can at each other while playing cards or eating on their 'lunch break'; and all the other white guys have just horrified looks on their faces; as if someone were raping a pygmy goat right there on their lunch table, while reading religious doctrine and having feces smeared on them.

There's a nice line between being PC, and being OVERLY PC. I think being overly PC just causes more problems; because then you doubt what you mean to say and hope it doesn't offend someone.(Thats not to say that you run around calling everyone the N-word and then expect them to not be offended; but too much squabbling is done over not saying the EXACT thing someone expects to be called. I'm white, you're black, he's asian, etc. If you can't handle these minor and broad terms, then go shut the fuck up. And for the record, no, I don't care where you're from or who your ancestors are; because I don't care about my own, I really don't care about yours unless it's something interesting that I might not have heard about; ie I dated a guy that for all intents and purposes is white, but his father's lineage is from a small native american tribe that I hadn't even heard of.)

Dahilia
May 20, 2007, 11:41 AM
On 2007-05-20 09:10, ShinMaruku wrote:

On 2007-05-20 06:19, DizzyDi wrote:

Exactly, I don't give fuck bout Africa. My ancestors may have been from there but I got others that are from FAAAR from there and you would not know lookin at me (My grandparents you could see it)
Some people talkin about Africa with stars in their eyes baffle me. They never been there and would not like it either.
As for them terms how most people use them is stupid.
Like the term Nigga that's very stupid and so diluted that I see white and asian kids calling themselves that (To where I said to myself, Rappers are great to influence them like that. Then again most people follow)
Mostly used by follow fasion people who are like cattle thus making sevral situations possible for them to get frigged over.

I agree. This "african-american" shit is too PC for my tastes. We're black. Black Americans. I've been in conversation where a white person suddenly says, with great stress and word elongation: "AFRICAN~~ AMERICANS~~" and looks right at me (or me and any other negroid there) with this brief "did I do it right right?" look. I have to pat them on the shoulder and tell them to relax and just say black. Argh, I'm sick of it.

And the whole getting mad at the word "negroid" shows one's lack of knowledge. Negroid, Mongoloid, Caucasoid, and Aboriginal are the four groups (I guess 'breeds') of humans based on bone and muscle structure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dahilia on 2007-05-20 09:51 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 12:07 PM
Another reason people take offense to the negroid, mongoloid, caucasoid, and aboriginal thing is mainly because they are made up by some scientist to categorize people. I forget how negroid and aboriginal came about, but mongoloid comes from that general area... caucasoid comes from the island of caucus which is to describe people that live in the area between caucus and some place else.

african-american is kind of a dumb term anyways as EVERYONE that exists is technically descended from someone from africa according to science.

I forgot the other thing i was gonna say ^.^ so everyone gets a banana

foamcup
May 20, 2007, 12:35 PM
On 2007-05-20 09:10, ShinMaruku wrote:

I've got a friend who is Liberian, and he can tell you, Liberia is not a nice place to be. He lived through the civil wars there, seeing his friends and family die, not knowing if he's next. He laughs at anyone who says they are 'African-American' for exactly the reason Shin said, they haven't been there and would not like it if they did go.

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 12:41 PM
I don't really give a damn about race, it's pretty much skin tone anyway, and why the hell is that such a big deal to people? People are so stupid (by this I mean all people in general, myself included).

Siertes
May 20, 2007, 01:36 PM
I'm black, I like to be called black, and calling me anything other than black says more about you than me. I'm not easily offended though. I went through high school so I've heard it all, even from so called friends. Anyone who calls another race by any of those strange, rarely used terms mentioned in this topic is probably just the type of person who loves controversy, arguments, etc. Not worth anyone's time, you know?

Also, I'm not from Africa, I don't like Africa, I think the whole continent needs to be nuked to hell. I prefer not to be called African American.

Blitzkommando
May 20, 2007, 02:58 PM
I've met my fair number of black folks, and made friends with them as well. And the consensus when speaking to them is that they would be just as happy to be called Americans. Hell, they live here, grew up here, and their ancestors for at least a couple generations are from here. I'd say that they're just as much Americans as I or any other citizen of this country. But, if you absolutely must specify a race, they've all told me that 'black' is the preferred term.

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 03:34 PM
If you have to ask, then I probably already don't like you. People who try too hard to not be racist end up sounding more prejudiced than a Klansman.

ABDUR101
May 20, 2007, 04:04 PM
On 2007-05-20 12:58, Norvekh wrote:
I've met my fair number of black folks, and made friends with them as well. And the consensus when speaking to them is that they would be just as happy to be called Americans. Hell, they live here, grew up here, and their ancestors for at least a couple generations are from here. I'd say that they're just as much Americans as I or any other citizen of this country. But, if you absolutely must specify a race, they've all told me that 'black' is the preferred term.

Thats just obvious, but it doesn't come down to when you're addressing something.

People get snippy if you refer to someone in a term they don't appreciate. Maybe they've had it used against them in a negative way, or maybe they've added the negative connotation themselves.

An example; I was taught in school that 'indian' is an ok term to use; even my mother uses it, and she's part cherokee(who isn't, right?). But then I've talked to indians who think of it as a derogatory term, and they prefer to be called native americans. ok, so I start using that term; then I run into a native american who DETESTS the word 'native american', because it's an afront to their own culture.

This falls under the same pretense. And in the end, it all boils down to this: people are pissy and picky and have far too much time on their hands if they expect others to just KNOW what they prefer to be referred to.

The only reason people dance around race issues, is because there's a world of simple fucks out there that can't agree on what they'd like to be 'described' as in an all encompassing word.

Whites, Blacks, Arabs, Asian, Native, Spanish; there, it's simple enough; and if they don't like it, TFB; go right a book about being oppressed socially because people have other concerns than to be able to please everyone else. =]

Sinue_v2
May 20, 2007, 04:10 PM
How about "Human"? That's a pretty all encompassing word that describes all of us, right?

Personally, I don't really mind racial terms... My only complaint is that there needs to be a better and more offensive term for us white people. I mean.. Cracker? Come on.. is that the best people can come up with? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-20 14:15 ]</font>

-Shimarisu-
May 20, 2007, 04:42 PM
We all ALL originally from fucking africa.

But most people aren't actually from America last I checked?

ABDUR101
May 20, 2007, 04:49 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:42, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Blacks born in America, some prefer to be called African-American for obvious reasons. But on the same coin, there are blacks, who just want to be referred to as black.

Just like the silly English like to call 'our' english "American english".

'Ello Guvna, cup-o-tea?" Right, thats real 'propah'.

Dahilia
May 20, 2007, 04:53 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:10, Sinue_v2 wrote:
... My only complaint is that there needs to be a better and more offensive term for us white people. I mean.. Cracker? Come on.. is that the best people can come up with? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Native Raper? I'm trying. D:

ABDUR101
May 20, 2007, 05:07 PM
Honestly, when I was in school, the black kids all screamed all kinds of white racist comments down the halls and infront of teachers and everything; and nothing was ever done. You said anything remotely 'racist' to one of them, and it was like you just got up on a table in the cafeteria and wiped your ass with the bible; everyone from faculty down to every black kid in school was on you for the rest of the school year; if you did'nt end up getting expelled.

Entirely one-sided; and in my eyes; true racism. To the point that you're over-going what needs to be done to make someone else feel comfortable and 'secure' in who they are, at the expense of letting them slide when they say something thats meant to be of equal harshness.

What we were told when racist remarks were thrown at us? "They're just words, ignore them". Geeeee..reallllyyy? =]

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 05:08 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:10, Sinue_v2 wrote:
How about "Human"? That's a pretty all encompassing word that describes all of us, right?

Personally, I don't really mind racial terms... My only complaint is that there needs to be a better and more offensive term for us white people. I mean.. Cracker? Come on.. is that the best people can come up with? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-20 14:15 ]</font>

Honkey.

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 05:11 PM
I take exception to that! Have at you, sir!

Sinue_v2
May 20, 2007, 05:24 PM
Honkey.

That's a little better, but not really offencive enough if you live in the North... and some southern "Honkey Tonks" like the term. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe I just have a sick sence of humor but I found this site (http://www.rsdb.org/) hilarious.

8 Mile = When white kids try to act ghetto or "black". From the 2002 movie "8 Mile".

Afro-Saxon = Young white men who act black.

Bacon Bits = White Trailer Trash that have sex with Pigs

Bak Guiy = Cantonese for "white ghost."

Belegana = Navajo term which roughly translates to "silly white person"

Bird Turd = Bird shit is white.

Bogan = New Zealand/Australian white trash or rednecks. Here for more specifics.

Bolillo = Mexicans use it to refer to white people: bolillo=white bread bun

Bro-ho = A white woman who dates or has sex with black men.

Casper = Casper the friendly ghost

Caulkie = Caulk is white.

Crick Gypsy = White trash who wander around looking for a job.

Fan Kuei = Chinese for "ocean ghosts". Refers to skin color.

Gorilla Head = Popular White 80s hairstyle called a 'mullet' is similar to a gorilla: short on top and long in the back. Countless small-town White folk still sport them.

Honkaloid = From a Christ Rock skit on Saturday Night Live where he bemoans lack of racist terms for whites

Imitasian = Refers to whites who try to be Asian. Imitation Asians.

Keebler = Reference to Keebler Elf line of snack crackers. (A little more offensive than "Cracka")

Tornado Bait = Refering to trailer trash conmonly hit by tornadoes

Tree-Looper = Rednecks are commonly known for incest, thus 'looping' the family tree

Umlungu = Zulus called whites this, meaning the white scum that forms in the surf.

It's a start at least. I like Imitasian, has a bit more of a ring to it than weeaboo. Tornado Bait and Crick Gypsy are hilarious as well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-20 16:34 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 06:03 PM
how about a yankee doodle dandee which we so proudly call ourselves... the english thought it a great insult

Siertes
May 20, 2007, 06:08 PM
This topic reminds me of that one quote from The Good Shepherd. Joe Pesci's character asks Matt Damon's what "You guys have" in terms of the white race as a whole. He says "We have America. Everyone else is just visiting." I loved that.

Ok, I'm done remembering. Back to thinking of insulting names!

Kent
May 20, 2007, 06:54 PM
After spending about eleven years in Mississippi, I've heard pretty much every racial slur you can imagine... On an almost daily basis.

The kicker? In the school systems, you can say anything you want about "white people," however you want to, and you won't get in trouble. The instant you're reported as saying anything about "black people," though, your ass is in detention for a week, whether or not you actually said or did anything wrong.

Then, of course, when I go back to visit my mom every now and then... Her (relatively) new husband is pretty much symbolic of everything that could possibly be wrong with America. He believes in white supremacy, he believes people of different races shouldn't mix, shouldn't breed, and shouldn't even live near one another, he believes women should always be second to men, and more than anything, he's power-hungry enough to be vocal about it.

Oh, and here's the best part: He says he believes that because The Bible tells him to.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten shot yet.

ShinMaruku
May 20, 2007, 07:02 PM
However, I love calling my cousins "zebras" because thier half irsih asses call me an evil bastard. XD
My fmauily is funny they love callin each other Chiney eye'd when they are all like 1/8th... >_>

foamcup
May 20, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-05-20 16:54, Kent wrote:
After spending about eleven years in Mississippi, I've heard pretty much every racial slur you can imagine... On an almost daily basis.

The kicker? In the school systems, you can say anything you want about "white people," however you want to, and you won't get in trouble. The instant you're reported as saying anything about "black people," though, your ass is in detention for a week, whether or not you actually said or did anything wrong.

Then, of course, when I go back to visit my mom every now and then... Her (relatively) new husband is pretty much symbolic of everything that could possibly be wrong with America. He believes in white supremacy, he believes people of different races shouldn't mix, shouldn't breed, and shouldn't even live near one another, he believes women should always be second to men, and more than anything, he's power-hungry enough to be vocal about it.

Oh, and here's the best part: He says he believes that because The Bible tells him to.

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten shot yet.

Killing that dude should be justifiable homicide, amirite? I hate backwards-ass fucks like that. He doesn't mistreat your mom does he?

Rainbowlemon
May 20, 2007, 07:46 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:49, ABDUR101 wrote:

On 2007-05-20 14:42, -Shimarisu- wrote:

Just like the silly English like to call 'our' english "American english".

'Ello Guvna, cup-o-tea?" Right, thats real 'propah'.

Well, the people living in England should have a right to call their own language English. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And, people always do impressions of southerners wanting a cup of tea and crumpets -_- If you lived in England, you'd know that half of England doesn't speak like that. And the southerners look down on the northerners for it...but the northerners know where it's at, so they don't care.

It's quite late, and to be honest, I'm tired.

EphekZ
May 20, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-05-20 15:07, ABDUR101 wrote:
Honestly, when I was in school, the black kids all screamed all kinds of white racist comments down the halls and infront of teachers and everything; and nothing was ever done. You said anything remotely 'racist' to one of them, and it was like you just got up on a table in the cafeteria and wiped your ass with the bible; everyone from faculty down to every black kid in school was on you for the rest of the school year; if you did'nt end up getting expelled.

Entirely one-sided; and in my eyes; true racism. To the point that you're over-going what needs to be done to make someone else feel comfortable and 'secure' in who they are, at the expense of letting them slide when they say something thats meant to be of equal harshness.

What we were told when racist remarks were thrown at us? "They're just words, ignore them". Geeeee..reallllyyy? =]

it's still like that today in the media.

White people really have no agency in today's society, From what I've seen atleast. I mean imagine a white person doing what dave chappelle did, or carlos mencia does. He would of gotten fired....on second thought he wouldn't of gotten the gig.

Carlos Mencia did a segment a while back( think it was this season) about white people's agency. I can't remember exactly what was said, but it was basically a long the lines of where it's really fucked up that if a white guy feels like he wants to share something with the world that he needs to wait for a person of a different race to say it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2007-05-20 18:16 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
May 20, 2007, 08:27 PM
Political correctness... Racism... Where to start?

Political correctness is meant to slow the problem, but it really only makes it worse. It's like a wedge in a split. It's retarded and horrible.

Here's what I think: I think that if you are easily offended, then you deserve to be offended. If you're horribly offended because I casually said the word, "black" in a conversation, then you are assuming that I am a racist, and I am annoyed by that. Get the fuck off my planet.

Here's something else: The only Africans in America are visitors. If you are a citizen of the United States of America, then you are an American, not an African. You are not an African-American you are an American.

We pay too damn much attention to race. It drives us apart. I don't want to be on my toes every time a black man walks into the room, because I'm worried that he'll pull out the "Offended African-American" card. No one should have to worry about that. What sense is there in making distinctions that separate us as a people?

Are you proud of your ancestry? Great. Have pride. That's healthy. Just don't forget that you are not your ancestors. Your ancestors lived in Africa. Your ancestors lived in Japan. Your ancestors lived in Saudi Arabia. Great. Decorate your house with a savannah motif, decorate it with Yammato, decorate it with Persian rugs. If you live in America, then you are an American.

My ancestors lived in Britain, and further than that, they lived in the north of France. Before France, they lived in Northern Europe. Am I a European? My family has been on this continent since the 1600's. Courtneys haven't known European soil in perhaps a dozen generations. We are American.

You say that your parents were born in Brazil, and that makes you Brazillian, but you readily profess that you were born in Fresno? You're an American, and Brazil is just a fond genetic memory to you.

How can I possibly emphasize this enough? Birth, life and citizen ship in the United States means that you are an American. Americans can look like a lot of other people. We don't really have a skin tone or set of typical facial features to call our own. We are everyone, but we are ourselves. We are the best and the worst that the world has to offer. We are those who were strong enough to leave, and those who were obnoxious enough to be cast out. We are Americans.

All right, now that I've got that out of my system...

Concerning white people and offensive names: I think what it comes down to, is that white people don't really have anything in their past that really bothers them. We've never really been "owned" as a race. Black people can look upon slavery and be ashamed of that part of their past; as well, they can be bound and determined to not let it happen, again. This is really the root.

So the result is that when a white guy calls a black guy a "nigger", the white guy has disrespected the black guy, and all but said outright that he should be a slave. The best a black guy could possibly do to a white guy, is call him, "Massa", and hope that the white guy is ashamed to be part of a race that would forcibly enslave another.

White people have no real racial pride, either. To most of us, we're just people. There's nothing particularly special, there. Maybe it's because there are so many distinct nations in Europe that we come from. There's not really anything you can call us, as a group, that will offend us all. You might see a guy with blond hair and blue eyes, and call him a Nazi, and that might rhile him up. Maybe. You might call an Irishman a drunk, but there's plenty of chance that he'll take that with pride. You could call a Brit a "Limey", referencing the British Navy's failed attempt to curb scurvy with limes, when everyone else was doing it successfully with lemons and oranges, but most won't understand the reference. The most you can do is accuse us of being our ancestors, and that tends not to work. We don't care.

Political Correctness bothers me. It's totally unnecessary, and focuses entirely on the wrong things. Stop driving wedges between us, people.

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 08:47 PM
So uh...can't really follow Meira's post.
SO I'MMA JUST POST THIS!
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/MixMasterMark/FKL%20STUFF/crackaasskramer.jpg

Solstis
May 20, 2007, 08:53 PM
Meira had to go and ruin everything.

I don't like it when people say that "they don't see race." That's silly. Seeing race is different than being racist. Pretending that everyone is the same is just as insulting as pointing out all the differences.

It would be like going to Japan as a Westerner and being completely oblivious to all of the cultural codes, because you refuse to believe that they exist.

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
Nationality is a bit different than race, where you live affects your customs, but the color of your skin should not.

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 09:17 PM
The thing that bothers me with blacks taking such offense to slavery is that EVERY culture at one point advocated slavery and it was common practice that an army of conquerors would enslave the losers. No culture including America and Britain ever discriminated slavery based on race. The only reason slaves in america became primarily black is because there was an established market, tribes did all the work, and they were cheap. If you could have gone to a tribe in America and bought slaves from them they would have. If they could have gotten slaves easily from France they would have.

The other thing is, as far as I know, no other country fought a war over the general principal of slavery, at least that is what is written in history books even though it's wrong.

The reason it became racism is because a large chunk came from those african tribes and then slavery was banned in other countries so that you could not get new slaves. So it just became easier to maintain a slave class by dehumanizing those people and the best way to do that is to make sure they have a stand out feature that designates them.

I'd be willing to bet that a decent chunk of slaves were white till the banning of slavery in Britain and France and that there were plenty of white slave released when that happened based on the forethought of someone to maintain a slavery class...

Further more the whole racism on either side is stupid as either way slavery would not exist today. The confederate states were against slavery as well, but it had become a large part of their culture and was their only way to maintain their productivity. They were trying to explain to the north that they needed time to integrate properly. Instead the North pushed, did everything the south was against and proved how little power they had by electing Abraham Lincoln to presidency. And when all was said and done the south was destroyed much more than many believe, slaves were freed without knowledge and were completely uneducated, which then resulted in laws that helped instigate more racism, but were originally meant to help blacks not fuck themselves.

The funny thing is if you want to blame someone for all the racial problems and general separation of north and south, you can always look to one man who did more harm to this country than almost anyone (george w bush hasn't been accounted for just yet) else in all of it's history, yet is touted as some pillar of greatness...the person is Abraham Lincoln. His election was the trigger of the civil war, he didn't free any slaves, destroyed plenty of our production capacity, fueled racism and divided the nation, killed off many family lines, and enacted laws that took away basic freedoms placed by the founding members which also set a precedent for future presidents such as GW...When I think how many people present him as "Great" or having "freed the slaves" it i cringe and laugh and wonder at just how history is so easily distorted...

ending tirade now >.> gomen

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-05-20 18:56, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Nationality is a bit different than race, where you live affects your customs, but the color of your skin should not.

there are a number of other genetic and physical traits that separate the races... i don't remember them all, but i know that in blacks they have an extra leg or ankle muscle that allows for better jumping/running than whites.

Also some scientists have begun to question whether or not asians are not a hybrid of two homonid species ^.^ but that besides the point

foamcup
May 20, 2007, 09:30 PM
I never looked at Lincoln that way before. I think I will study some American history again.

Akira_R
May 20, 2007, 09:39 PM
It's funny how little they teach you about this country in school...

I love propoganda, don't you?

ShinMaruku
May 20, 2007, 09:46 PM
Linocn is touted as great becuase he was Michavellina most people praise him for the wrong reasons. XD

HUnewearl_Meira
May 20, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-05-20 19:17, DurakkenX wrote:
The only reason slaves in america became primarily black is because there was an established market, tribes did all the work, and they were cheap. If you could have gone to a tribe in America and bought slaves from them they would have.

Actually, black people were used because they lived longer under the pressures of slavery than Native-Americans did.

On 2007-05-20 18:53, Solstis wrote:
I don't like it when people say that "they don't see race." That's silly. Seeing race is different than being racist. Pretending that everyone is the same is just as insulting as pointing out all the differences.

It's one thing to look at what your ancestors have done and recognize what you should have the genetics to be capable of. The trouble, however, is that we focus on it too much. I can look at a black man of similar proportions to mine, and speculate that he probably has more athletic ability than I do, but that doesn't tell me anything important to how I should interact with him.

The next time you wander down a crowded street, consider this: you are there for a reason. Maybe you're going somewhere, maybe you're coming back, maybe you're just out for a casual stroll. Maybe you're looking for something. There was a long sequence of events that brought you to this point. Consider this, and then try to grasp the concept that everyone present has their own reasons and subsequent story to explain why they are there, at the same place, at the same time as you, and most of those stories are completely independent from eachother. This is what it means when we say that everyone is an "individual".

We are all individuals. We can be placed together as a broad group, or we can be singled out to be examined. When we look at everyone in groups, to what level can we understand their merits and flaws? On the other hand, to what level can we understand an individual's merits and flaws?

While it's worth while to recognize other cultures, it's also important to recognize that the person living across the street from you is not of a different culture than you are. Your customs as a culture are the same. Your customs as an individual may be different.

To "not see race" is not the same as saying we're all the same. To "not see race" is to consider everyone on their merits and flaws as individuals.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HUnewearl_Meira on 2007-05-20 20:22 ]</font>

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 09:50 PM
that would fall under cheaper ^.^

it's also easier to make someone listen to you when they are starving... natives could easily have run away, but because of the boatride over it would have been much harder for them to run away.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DurakkenX on 2007-05-20 19:52 ]</font>

DizzyDi
May 20, 2007, 09:51 PM
On 2007-05-20 19:49, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2007-05-20 19:17, DurakkenX wrote:
The only reason slaves in america became primarily black is because there was an established market, tribes did all the work, and they were cheap. If you could have gone to a tribe in America and bought slaves from them they would have.

Actually, black people were used because they lived longer under the pressures of slavery than Native-Americans did.

That was probably one fact Meira, but Durakken is right too.
African tribes were selling PoW's from rival tribes to the Europeans in return for weapons and gold to conquer other tribes.

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 09:52 PM
On 2007-05-20 19:46, ShinMaruku wrote:
Linocn is touted as great becuase he was Michavellina most people praise him for the wrong reasons. XDThe man had grand taste in hats.
http://www.visit-springfieldillinois.com/Design/Abe_Sketch_Texture2.jpg

Sinue_v2
May 20, 2007, 10:25 PM
The other thing is, as far as I know, no other country fought a war over the general principal of slavery, at least that is what is written in history books even though it's wrong.

lol, the Civil War was not fought to end slavery. It was fought to decide weither or not a state had the right to succeed from the Union. The abolition of Slavery was only a point to gather support for the North. When we finally allowed black soldiers into the military, do you know what we did? We put them to work digging ditches and lawlessly raiding southern plantations. Very few black soldiers actually got to see combat, let alone wear a union uniform.

For the most part, the Emancipation Proclamation was more an effort to keep England and France out of the war. Initially, though denouncing slavery, these countries relied on Southern exports of cotton and other plantation products. So with a vested interest, France and England supported the South and wished for them to win the war. The Proclamation turned the political face of the war into one of freeing the slaves, which France and England couldn't offically support. However the Proclamation would have no teeth unless the North could prove that it was capable of winning the war. Hence, why the speach had only been given after the battle of Gettysburg.

Note that the Proclamation had absolutely NO bearing on slave owners in the border states, and in some Union controlled areas of the South.

I'd be willing to bet that a decent chunk of slaves were white till the banning of slavery in Britain and France and that there were plenty of white slave released when that happened based on the forethought of someone to maintain a slavery class...

To the best of my knowladge, there were no white, asian, or any other sort of slave. They had tried making Native American's slaves - but they were considered far too rebellious and violent. White slavery was reffered to as Indentured Servants, and the difference being that white slaves were there to pay off a debt they owed, but was perpetuated by their cost of living. However the loaner did not OWN the servant, who was still guanteed basic human rights.

The confederate states were against slavery as well, but it had become a large part of their culture and was their only way to maintain their productivity.

Incorrect. While many southern citizens were against slavery morally, it was the plantation owners who did not want to see slavery end. They held the money and the power in the south. The average citizen only worried about the South's economy as it affected them, and at the time it was largely driven by slave labor. Even if the common citisen had wanted slavery to end, it never would have so long as the bulk of Southern power and resources were in the hands of the plantation owners. It's also fallacy to assume that Northerners abhored slavery. Many of them wished to see Slavery continue as well.

Instead the North pushed, did everything the south was against and proved how little power they had by electing Abraham Lincoln to presidency.

Lincoln was not "pushed" into office to spite the South. That's absurd.

And when all was said and done the south was destroyed much more than many believe

And the North went to great lengths in rebuilding the South in a little period called "The Restoration", which included finding alternate ways of maintaining plantations.

slaves were freed without knowledge and were completely uneducated, which then resulted in laws that helped instigate more racism, but were originally meant to help blacks not fuck themselves.

Jim Crowe Laws were NOT instituted to help blacks "not fuck themselves". They were instituted to give segregation an air of legitamacy. While many slaves were uneducated, so was MUCH of the South. They had no problems finding employment in manual labor as employees, rather than property. Many slaves even stayed on with their masters, and continued to work in servitute as they always had.

the person is Abraham Lincoln. His election was the trigger of the civil war, he didn't free any slaves, destroyed plenty of our production capacity, fueled racism and divided the nation, killed off many family lines, and enacted laws that took away basic freedoms placed by the founding members which also set a precedent for future presidents such as GW...When I think how many people present him as "Great" or having "freed the slaves" it i cringe and laugh and wonder at just how history is so easily distorted...

Wow.. god this is wrong on so many levels. America's problems were not Lincoln's creation. They were deep rooted, and had been festering for many generations prior. Issues such as the handling of the economy, the rights of states compaired to the growing power of the federal government, as well as cultural issues. Lincoln just happened to be the man in office when they came to a boil, even if one can construe that his actions caused the war. No, rather his election was only the spark on a growing powderkeg.

Abraham Lincoln, get this, actually wanted to keep Slavery instituted! *Gasp* Although he was against the institution, he believed it would die out on it's own inevitably due to economical developments. He wanted to AVOID war. It was largely the firebrands on either side of the conflict (on issues both related and unrelated to slavery) like William Yancey and John Brown who caused the largest divides which lead to the conflict.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-20 20:32 ]</font>

Siertes
May 20, 2007, 10:49 PM
This topic has become both informative and hilarious. Please, teachers, tell me more.

Sinue_v2
May 20, 2007, 10:53 PM
i know that in blacks they have an extra leg or ankle muscle that allows for better jumping/running than whites.

We'z callz dat da Wattamellon mussle. Helps dem run fast while excapin da wattamellon patch.

Wtf.... NO, Black people don't have extra leg muscles. Where do you come up with this stuff? At least mention something credible, like the fact that Black people tend to have on average slightly more fast-twitch muscle fibers than White people, or that they have higher bone density. (Which actually is true)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-20 20:56 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
May 20, 2007, 11:03 PM
On 2007-05-20 19:52, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

On 2007-05-20 19:46, ShinMaruku wrote:
Linocn is touted as great becuase he was Michavellina most people praise him for the wrong reasons. XDThe man had grand taste in hats.
http://www.visit-springfieldillinois.com/Design/Abe_Sketch_Texture2.jpg

He was great man don't discount him. He was a servant of the state. Now he didn't want to voertly stop slavery (As said before he thought it would die out) But people are selctive and did dumbass stuff and as a result they temped war. They got torn up yes, but that was in their hands. Lincon knew fortune was a lady and how to wistand her.
Read the Prince it's great book.
Then you will see Lincon.

DurakkenX
May 20, 2007, 11:45 PM
sinue...congrats on failing reading because you just agreed with everything i said and thought you were refuting it... but since there are a few small differences lets go back over them in order

What had happened was that the Northern States wanted to abolish slavery imediately (keep that word imidiately in mind), but the Southern States refused based on it would severely cripple their economy and the nation's. Not to mention blacks were uneducated and had no civil liberties and basic psychology says don't suddenly give someone something they never had before cuz often they hurt themselves or others with it... That was one of the first things leading up to the Civil War which is abridged in history books to:
"North wanted to free the slaves and the South did not"

The next thing that happened was that a number of laws and bills were pased, many of which all of the southern states voted no against. The Election time came and there were 2 or 3 men up for office, if i remember right it was still during the time that 1st place got you president, second place got you vice president, but maybe this was after the point they switched that, not sure. Anyways the Southern States declared that if Lincoln wins the presidency they would succeed. ALL the Southern States voted against Lincoln, for various reasons, many of which very much so questioned his education and character and fitness to run the country and were all pretty valid. Given the population and such Lincoln should not have won (sounds like our good ole' president today...) and this part of history is abridged to. -
"And so they succeeded and went to war"

The Emancipation Proclamation...did nothing but proclaim that they were doing this for slavery to be abolished...However, no laws were passed to support it nor did it in any way declare slaves free. What it did say is that if you are Free that you are Free and if I recall correctly it also denounced the confederacy as an illegitimate government pretty much saying that and anyone who follows them are supporting in that government could be tried for treason...Btw at this time Lincoln was fully enacting the part of the presidency which allows him to suspend certain rights and privledges during war time, many of which that bars real freedom of speech and press (george bush again anyone?) and with that comes the ability of unwarranted search and seizure so that the government could then take away any property as it's own and dispense with it however they want. This is abridges to -
"Lincoln freed the slaves"

The Union then after winning started to "restore" the south by taking away it's labor force, giving it's land and resources over to freed uneducated slaves, and imposing marshal law for a number of years. This resulted in several in several previous owners taking advantage of or seeking to put into place laws to prevent the recently freed from getting screwed. Unfortunately, these laws were corrupted into the Jim Crowe laws and due to the previous land owners wanting their land back and the shear hatred that would have arisen from the Southern whites as people like to place blame on things and having your home, family, and future destroyed is a good reason to have hatred. This was more or less left in tact but with a more positive twist and hardly any recognition of what it actually did to the south.

Now.... Lincoln may not have been the cause of all the problem, and sure he was just wrong place wrong time, but he didn't help and everything that he is made to stand for is utterly inaccurate. Not to mention that saying he wanted to avoid war is dumb. If he did he would have not taken office as he was very much hated and not qualified in many peoples' opinion, both common and political. Not only that, as I said he set some very dangerous precedents which we most likely will face sooner or later now that several more vile laws have been passed and could very much hurt this country.

As far as the muscle thing...I'm pretty sure it's true, but it's been a long while since I've heard confirmation of it, mostly because it is never brought up and every time a conversation would lead up to it most people go to "they're just better athletes" it's also true that the average black person scores on average 15points higher on IQ test than someone of similar background. It's also true that Asians in general have an average IQ of 105, 5 points higher than average of the world ^.^

Siertes
May 21, 2007, 12:53 AM
Your post, Durakken, reminded me just how twisted/doctored/biased all of history is. I just can't trust anything I read anymore. Not even your post http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Jakosifer
May 21, 2007, 01:38 AM
Im Black, just call me Black. Ive never even been to Africa. >_>;

And lmao @ people actually believing that Blacks have an extra leg muscle >>;;

Sinue_v2
May 21, 2007, 02:17 AM
What had happened was that the Northern States wanted to abolish slavery imediately (keep that word imidiately in mind), but the Southern States refused based on it would severely cripple their economy and the nation's.

No, your point was that "no other nation had fought a war in which to end slavery". The America did not fight the Civil War to end Slavery. Slavery was at the heart of many issues underlying the war, yes, but it wasn't the principal upon which the war was fought. That's a major distinction. Furthermore, the South wasn't trying to buy time until Slavery could be abolished - they wanted slavery fully instituted indefinately. Many people (including Lincoln) KNEW that slavery could not be economically maintained, but the South took no steps towards that eventuallity. The way you portray the South is though they were honestly trying to abolish slavery themselves without destroying their own economy. That simply wasn't the case.

Not to mention blacks were uneducated and had no civil liberties and basic psychology says don't suddenly give someone something they never had before cuz often they hurt themselves or others with it...

Which is why we immediately enslaved black people fleeing North right? No? Well then what happened to all those escaped slaves who followed the underground railroad? Apperantly they had no problems integrating into society up there. (At least, as best they could for the time period) The Freedman Group was also established at the end of the war to help freed slaves adjust to life outside of the plantation and prepare for their new lives.

Former Slaver owners had more to fear from retribution and riots against them, although that largerly didn't happen. In fact, as stated, many slaves (expecially the elderly, the instatutionalised, and house servants) decided to stay on with their former masters. The vast majority of the major race riots and race crimes following the Civil War were White on Black crime.

That was one of the first things leading up to the Civil War which is abridged in history books to:
"North wanted to free the slaves and the South did not"

No, it does not abridge like that, unless you're teaching in 5th grade history class. Slavery was a major issue, yes, but it wasn't the cause of the war.

The next thing that happened was that a number of laws and bills were pased, many of which all of the southern states voted no against.

Would you mind detailing the laws and bills which were passed?

The Election time came and there were 2 or 3 men up for office, if i remember right it was still during the time that 1st place got you president, second place got you vice president, but maybe this was after the point they switched that, not sure.

It was after. Lincoln (originally a Whig, but switched to Republican) unquestionably won the election by both the electorial vote and the popular vote. His closest opposition was Stephen Douglas (Northern Democrat) who had lost by a margin of about 10% of votes. It should be noted that Southern Democrat John Brekenridge, while only recieving 18% of the popular votes, managed to capture 72 electorial votes (Lincoln had 180) making him Lincoln's closest opposition that actually matters.

Lincoln's running mate and VP was Hannibal Hamlin.

ALL the Southern States voted against Lincoln, for various reasons, many of which very much so questioned his education and character and fitness to run the country and were all pretty valid. Given the population and such Lincoln should not have won (sounds like our good ole' president today...) and this part of history is abridged to. -
"And so they succeeded and went to war"

Tennessee, Kentucky, and Virginia voted for Bell from the Constiutional Union Party. Missouri voted for Douglass. Each of these states carried more population and electorial votes than any southern state. Had they swung in Brekenridges favor, it would have been a very close election. As it was though, Lincoln won fair and square by both the popular and the electorial vote.

Only South Carolina succeeded at first. Other states joined suit later for their own reasons, but Lincoln's election was the immediate cause of only one state's succession. And South Carolina had long contemplated succession, this was only the kick in the ass that made them do it.

This goes hand in hand with what I was saying earlier about many southern states not feeling as though they were represented in the US congress. Unlike you're claim that the population was great in the south, it wasn't. The North which was heavily industrialized, had a far greater population. This meant that they had far more congressmen in Washington and more pull in the national elections. This perpetuated the air that the Government wasn't representing them, because nearly every legislation cowtoed to Northern interests - not just slavery.

The Emancipation Proclamation...did nothing but proclaim that they were doing this for slavery to be abolished..

The Emancipation Prolamation attempted to abolish slavery in ONLY Confederate States. Millions of slaves in Northern and Border states were kept in bondage. It was a political edict only, obviously, because the Union cannot abolish slavery in territories they do not have control in. It was meant to accomplish two goals:

1: Cheap labor and Soldiers

2: Keeping France and England from aiding the South.

Btw at this time Lincoln was fully enacting the part of the presidency which allows him to suspend certain rights and privledges during war time, many of which that bars real freedom of speech and press (george bush again anyone?) and with that comes the ability of unwarranted search and seizure so that the government could then take away any property as it's own and dispense with it however they want.

U.S. Constitution, Article I, Sec. 9 provides in part: “The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.”

Lincoln's levy of Martial Law may have been unconstiutional - but necessary in order to keep the peace and prevent confederate sympathisers from subverting Union forces - such as it was with the Merryman case. However, at the time, there had been no clarification for proceedure when declairing Martial Law. After the War, when Martial Law was lifted - it was then decided that you needed congressional support.

Unlike Bush, Lincoln faced a clear and present threat - an enemy who were our fellow Americans. The Constitution makes clear reference to Habeus Corpus being unrevokable, unless in cases of Rebellion or Invasion. The Civil War was a rebellion.

See, this is a problem because Lincoln suspended Habeus Corpus and other rights only for as long as the war lasted. It had a clear and definable end. Bush's "War on Terror" has no end. It is a perpetual and endless conflict so long as he percieves the threat to be there. It's a way to suspend basic human rights indefinately in some cases without the resistance one would get in trying to rewrite the constitution.

ProTip: Martial Law was also declaired in some areas durring the War of 1812.

The Union then after winning started to "restore" the south by taking away it's labor force, giving it's land and resources over to freed uneducated slaves, and imposing marshal law for a number of years.

Martial Law wasn't instituted in the Southern states after the war. The South wasn't even re-admitted to the Union until they could meet certain criteria, which took some states several years to accomplish. We had limited authority in those states in the mean time. Furthermore, we aided in the reconstruction of their cities, loaned farming supplies to them, and built schools for those "poor uneducated ex-slaves". The Freedman Group was created for the sole purpose of helping those ex-slaves to adjust to society. We also built an extensive railway system to help aid in the transfer of southern goods to northern ports and points of commerce.

40 Acres and a Mule? That was a fluke, and Andrew Johnson revoked Sherman's orders that very same year and turned the land back to their original owners.

The Reconstruction was a failure of policy, I will agree - but we didn't "rape and pillage" the South.

Unfortunately, these laws were corrupted into the Jim Crowe laws and due to the previous land owners wanting their land back and the shear hatred that would have arisen from the Southern whites as people like to place blame on things and having your home, family, and future destroyed is a good reason to have hatred.

Their land was given back to them several months after it had been taken. Jim Crowe Laws were not instituted to help the black man, but were initially instituted to restrict black rights and solidify their place as second class citizens - preventing them from gaining either political or economic power after the reconstruction. This was aided by Johnson's disasterous handling of the reconstruction policys. Johnson himself was a sympahiser to white supremecists.

Not to mention that saying he wanted to avoid war is dumb. If he did he would have not taken office as he was very much hated and not qualified in many peoples' opinion, both common and political.

You can't be serious. As already stated, Lincoln's presidence was not the cause of the Civil War. It was only the spark. If he had not been elected president, we still would have gone to war. It would only have been another president, and another reason.

Not only that, as I said he set some very dangerous precedents which we most likely will face sooner or later now that several more vile laws have been passed and could very much hurt this country.

What precidences? You mean like his instiution of martial law and the repeal of Habeus Corpus? We've already gone over that. His actions (though I believe necessary) were limited, and still found unconstiutional. Reforms in the law after Lincoln's presidency require Congressional backing before these actions can again be taken.

As far as the muscle thing...I'm pretty sure it's true

It's not.

it's also true that the average black person scores on average 15points higher on IQ test than someone of similar background. It's also true that Asians in general have an average IQ of 105, 5 points higher than average of the world ^.^

I think it's a little late for diffusion.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-05-21 00:19 ]</font>

UnderscoreX
May 21, 2007, 02:55 AM
I usually call my BLACK friends by their names, crazy right ?

Solstis
May 21, 2007, 06:40 AM
The muscle thing is totally not true. That's something kids whisper in highschools because their friend's cousin told them about it.

Also, Sinue's as close as we're going to get to the truth on the matter.

ShinMaruku
May 21, 2007, 08:22 AM
Rather this for leg muscles which I relate to Jamaica, we Jamaicans can run for 3 reasons, from, bullets,cops and each other XD Seriously you gotta run. Then agaion my cousins are too criminal.

DizzyDi
May 21, 2007, 08:30 AM
On 2007-05-20 20:53, Sinue_v2 wrote:

i know that in blacks they have an extra leg or ankle muscle that allows for better jumping/running than whites.

We'z callz dat da Wattamellon mussle. Helps dem run fast while excapin da wattamellon patch.

Actually, Durraken is on the right track. We blacks have special mutated genes in our knees that make them grow, allowing us to be tall.
We have a very primtive form of night vision thats perfect for illegal night time endeavors.
A high lung capacity, great for long periods of weed smoking, the wide nose helps us breath in the resulting thick smoke that forms.
And of course, extra fat in our lips, perfect for suckin' down chicken bones, watamelons, and white wimminz.

ShinMaruku
May 21, 2007, 08:44 AM
On 2007-05-21 06:30, DizzyDi wrote:

Actually, Durraken is on the right track. We blacks have special mutated genes in our knees that make them grow, allowing us to be tall.
We have a very primtive form of night vision thats perfect for illegal night time endeavors.
A high lung capacity, great for long periods of weed smoking, the wide nose helps us breath in the resulting thick smoke that forms.
And of course, extra fat in our lips, perfect for suckin' down chicken bones, watamelons, and white wimminz.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

DurakkenX
May 21, 2007, 09:27 AM
No, your point was that "no other nation had fought a war in which to end slavery".

No, add the rest of that sentence... and judging from the proceeding post it should be clear that that is laughable at best to think that, but that is what most people are taught.

What precidences? You mean like his instiution of martial law and the repeal of Habeus Corpus? We've already gone over that. His actions (though I believe necessary) were limited, and still found unconstiutional. Reforms in the law after Lincoln's presidency require Congressional backing before these actions can again be taken.

The problem is that there have been other laws passed that remove that safety net and allow for these precedents to easily be taken into effect. GW Bush can declare just about anything a treasonous act and that would be considered a rebellion. He also can deploy each state's military body...i forget what they are called... to other states to resolve problems in those states.

As far as the rest of the post is concerned I'll concede as it's clear that you prolly know more than I do on the subject.

ABDUR101
May 21, 2007, 10:01 AM
ok, really; this topic is just done now. To everyone who added something very much worth reading; thank you. Durraken, you're playing Hang-man by yourself, and LOSING. Just stop, really. If you would'nt have tried to pull some intellect out of your ass, you'd have been ok; but the things you're bringing up now are just...wow.

Atleast now I learned something and have something to chuckle about.

DurakkenX
May 21, 2007, 10:17 AM
abdur, thank you for the flame...now you can stop wasting space and leave now ^.^

for those of you that can't read the reason i conceded to sinoe is a simple one, we agree on pretty much everything but the intent of certain things. He has more facts than I do and thus wins the argument upon the intent. It's really quite simple to follow. Noone lost anything.

Though the topic did go off topic it i still relevant to the fact that it is one of the causes of why people act the way they do towards race and towards each other within the same race. It is just a sub-section that is more readily available for discussion.

Solstis
May 21, 2007, 10:28 AM
On 2007-05-21 06:30, DizzyDi wrote:

Did som'on say white wimminz? I lurve me some inter-breedin'. Almost as much I lurve chicken.

Also: according to the Food Network, blacks (slaves, sharecroppers) basically evented barbecue.

This comes as no surprise.

Also (2): $40 a day is pretty ridiculous, Rachel Ray.

DurakkenX
May 21, 2007, 10:32 AM
This neither in the rants section nor FKL so I would appreciate that you stop spamming v.v

Weeaboolits
May 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
I didn't know we were allowed to spam in Rants. ;]

Anyway, back on topic, I'll give that there are some EXTREMELY MINOR non-aesthetic differences between races, but imo, they're not really significant enough to be worth much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Siertes
May 21, 2007, 11:16 AM
I like chicken, hate watermelon, and this fat lip annoys me all the time.

ABDUR101
May 21, 2007, 02:23 PM
On 2007-05-21 08:17, DurakkenX wrote:
abdur, thank you for the flame...now you can stop wasting space and leave now ^.^

Atleast my waste of space was small, in comparison to what you were posting. =]

for those of you that can't read the reason i conceded to sinoe is a simple one, we agree on pretty much everything but the intent of certain things. He has more facts than I do and thus wins the argument upon the intent. It's really quite simple to follow. Noone lost anything.

No, I'm pretty sure he 'won' merely because he was stating facts and not bullshit. Honestly.

Next you're going to tell us that blacks have fat lips to hold more food in their mouths; which is really the same ilk when you say they have an extra muscle; you're changing them genetically based on no pretense other than to prove a point, which has no basis to begin with.

Anyway, this topic was going ok; but it's really boiled down to nothing now. I'll keep reading just for the humor instead of academics though. =]

DurakkenX
May 21, 2007, 02:43 PM
he was stating facts

the fact that Black people tend to have on average slightly more fast-twitch muscle fibers than White people, or that they have higher bone density.

you're changing them genetically

There is a genetic difference hence why there are different people. Learn basics please before commenting. You are just making an ass of yourself spamming and flaming. Your not even able to read and comprehend the one you are agreeing with so then why should your opinion be recognized?

As I have stated, what I stated was the same thing Sinue stated. He went into more detail because he has more facts. Regardless of that we still see two differing intentions even after presenting more details.

We are both right because intention can only be guessed upon and is completely opinion.

Now please go away as all you are doing is continuing an abuse of the lack of moderator control over trollers and flamers.

OR stick around and read, learn, and understand before you make a comment and don't make it so obvious that the only reason you are even posting something in this thread is because you just want to annoy me.

Also for any mods reading this, I'd appreciate it if you could delete the spam...or lock the thread as all that it will devolve into from this point forth is a flame war and I really wish you would do something about these trolls following me, they are mucking up my carpet with their slime after all, and i like to keep a nice house.

VioletSkye
May 21, 2007, 02:56 PM
Locked per OP request

On a side note, Abdur was not flaming you, merely stating his opinion about what was posted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2007-05-21 12:58 ]</font>