PDA

View Full Version : Coolest looking weapon...visually?

EDarkness
Dec 13, 2002, 03:35 PM
I was playing some PSO the other day, when I realized exactly how cool looking the Visk is. That is one sweet looking weapon. Then, I found a Flowrens Sword and that is also cool. Now I'm on the hunt for weapons, not because of the damage they deal, but how cool they look. I have a few weapons that I haven't seen yet (Blade Dance, Cross Scar, Yamato, etc.) and I'm excited to see what they look like in action. There have been some nice ones such as the Guilty Light and Varista and a few that have been rather disappointing (Vice mechguns, Slicer Of Assassin, Booma's arm, Rappy's Fan, etc.). What weapons have you seen/used/own do you think just look good? Remember, damage is not an issue, we're talking straight asthetics.

-EDarkness

TeamPhalanx
Dec 13, 2002, 05:43 PM
In general, I think the claw type weapon look the best. HEART OF POUMN is real nice and that huge mechical claw is just downright cool.

Seph5172
Dec 13, 2002, 05:45 PM
i need to level my ranger to use crush bullet, but im loving the new graphics for the V1 items from DC. im sure they were like that on v2 or something but i never played that. Only new one i have seen is the varista, which looks damn cool, at least compared to the regular one. yep http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DirewolfX
Dec 13, 2002, 06:13 PM
Hmm... I like the way Yamatos look... and the FO canes and wands look really neat, especially the Hildebear's Cane. It's a stick with a Hildebear head on it... and it makes Hildebear noises when you use the special (which shoots a weak Foie--a little above 1/2 strength for me, so probably around Foie lv. 14-15). And the Club of Laconium looks like it's on fire all the time... mm... fire...

MaJin
Dec 13, 2002, 06:18 PM
Look at this and tell me wut u think http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. http://psoquest.com/images2/weapons2/zamba2.html

harmfulcow
Dec 13, 2002, 06:30 PM
meh

Kupi
Dec 13, 2002, 07:54 PM
EDarkness, I can show you my HUcast's Blade Dance, if you want.

If you want a cool-looking claw, you've gotta track down a Morning Glory. Simple yet sooooo wicked. Thankfully I'm Whitill and can obtain them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Annorax
Dec 13, 2002, 08:12 PM
That Samba looks awesome! The coolest one I have seen is Raygun +23....jk. Yes I know that was lame but out of all seriousness, I would have to say the coolest one would have to be Dark Flow.

Alisha
Dec 13, 2002, 08:20 PM
On 2002-12-13 14:43, TeamPhalanx wrote:
In general, I think the claw type weapon look the best. HEART OF POUMN is real nice and that huge mechical claw is just downright cool.

that would be rika's claw

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 08:25 PM
I like the Justy, Photon Launcher, Fire Scepter AGNI, and Yamato so far (I'm a sucker for the color blue).

Blade dance is kinda neat, because the blades only extend on attack.

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 08:27 PM
On 2002-12-13 15:13, DirewolfX wrote:
Hmm... I like the way Yamatos look... and the FO canes and wands look really neat, especially the Hildebear's Cane. It's a stick with a Hildebear head on it... and it makes Hildebear noises when you use the special (which shoots a weak Foie--a little above 1/2 strength for me, so probably around Foie lv. 14-15). And the Club of Laconium looks like it's on fire all the time... mm... fire...

I laughed rather heartily when I noticed the decapitated Hilderbear still manages to open and close it's mouth frequently.

OpaqueEcho
Dec 13, 2002, 08:58 PM
I still think the Last Survivor looks cool...I love the sound, too..just sounds heavy http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kayumi
Dec 13, 2002, 09:13 PM
I was personally pretty pleased with the looks of DB's Saber. I just wish I could stop getting Meteor Smash's...They were cool the first time I saw one but it's getting to the point where I don't even bother tekking them anymore because it's a waste of money.

War_Child
Dec 13, 2002, 09:57 PM
best looking common rare: l&k14 kombats for guns
flownes sword or lavis blades for blade type
twinkle star for canes

Vejita
Dec 13, 2002, 10:15 PM
I noticed that while the weapons do look hella cool, Sonic Team had a good time in making their users look hella-not. Watching players run with the Talis and Mushashi is a great laugh

CajunSamurai
Dec 13, 2002, 10:17 PM
Mahu looks hilarious when my FOmar is running. I'm gonna preset "I'm gonna paddle yo ass, BOH-AHH!" and use that whenever I'm running behind a teammate while using Mahu.

Hildebear's Cane is hilarious too. I've been a fan since the V2 days. Not only does it move its mouth, it ALSO makes a monkey sound! Can't go wrong with monkeys.

Hmm... Dragon Slayer looks pretty dope, even though I'm SICK of them as I have about 15 in my bank (curse of the Skyly). Reminds me of the Soul Edge from Soul Blade/Edge/Calibur.

Justy looks awesome... Samba Maracas are hilarious... Magical Piece is the funniest thing ever when equipped to a FOnewm.

Man, lots of cool looking weapons in this version. I hope S-ranks have new looks as well.

Webapprentice
Dec 13, 2002, 10:32 PM
I like the radiance from the stone on the Summit Moon.

A C-Sorceror's Cane is also visually enigmatic.

Elysion is also appealing, as the blade is from the same material as the rune crystals in the Ruins.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Webapprentice on 2002-12-13 19:35 ]</font>

Angarwaen
Dec 13, 2002, 10:38 PM
I thought the sting tip looked the best in vr.1, and I still think that today ^__^ there are a lot of bigger/flashier weps now but I just love that thing
maybe because I like maces...
and the color purple...

Numair
Dec 13, 2002, 10:46 PM
I love the pyscho wand for FO's. It looks so awesome. I love the Lavis Blades for the hunters. Mostly the sound they make. For Rangers I like Pyschoguns for some weird reason.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

mystic_knight
Dec 13, 2002, 10:53 PM
I like my Musashi, Last Survivor, Flowen's Sword, Blade Dance, and Bloody Art. I hate the way i run with Musashi though....it's like im gonna hug the next monster to death.......

Numair
Dec 13, 2002, 10:55 PM
I love the pyscho wand for FO's. It looks so awesome. I love the Lavis Blades for the hunters. Mostly the sound they make. For Rangers I like Pyschoguns for some weird reason.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Raist
Dec 14, 2002, 12:42 AM
heh, I could never get over the Double Sabers, Stag Cutlerys, and Twin Brands using them even looks cool.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

CaArtist
Dec 14, 2002, 05:25 AM
I like the Card Runs... lol... I think of them as the "I'm GOnna SMACK YOU!" Run Cycle.

Male run with Yamatos looks.... wide. I think the char looks as if he is actually having to balance the "weight" of the blades, which is kinda funny. (Photon Weps with weight?)

I found a Red Scorpio, which is actually even bigger than a Guilty Light... I think it's my favorite looking gun so far. My lil brother calls the Visk the "Shark Fin", heh, and, so far, it's my fav rifle, only because the Justy doesn't have electricity crackling in between it's Rails (that would have been so cool)

Haven't Seen one single pair of mechs yet... ARGH.

Branaz and Yaz 7000V are the coolest shots. Well, I haven't seen FInal Impact in action yet.

Flowens looks awesome, overall, but I love the last survivor, and I still want the J swords...

Bah, in the end, my fav weps are all the old-school style weapons. The Yasminkov series, and the Katanas.

SpiDErIICSF
Dec 14, 2002, 02:34 PM
my favorite weapon was a banned ver.2 weapon by the name of double cannon... it isn't banned anymore but too hard to actually get it... and no seph the ver.1 weaps on ver.2 did not look like this... my other fav is baranz launcher

00JOE
Dec 14, 2002, 03:20 PM
C-Bringer Rifle (Can't wait to find one! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif), Guilty Light, and Justy are my favs!

Annoy
Dec 14, 2002, 05:49 PM
My Favorite(s) would have to be

Flowen's Sword
Blade Dance
Yamato
Hildebear's Cane
the Club of Laconium
and the Demolition Comet (haven't got it yet)

there are probably more...but those are the only ones I have, that I like so yeah. I can't wait to get the Demolition Comet.... I love that weapon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EDarkness
Dec 15, 2002, 12:10 AM
Wow, lots of stuff being mentioned here. I have been playing Ultimate hoping that I'd get lucky enough to find something interesting, but things have been rather dry. I'd be real interested in seeing what the Double Saber looks like.

The Guilty Light looks awesome, but takes too long to use and that makes it kinda worthless in a real fight. And to think that there's something else out there that's better is kinda thrilling.

I started a HUcaseal so I could have a hunter character and that would allow me to use some of the hunter only weapons such as the Yamato. I only wish I was able to find a BBA so I could get online and view some of the things you guys are talking about.

There is one thing I want to find, just to see what it looks like and that is Justice mechguns. I'm so curious to see what kinda of visual upgrades they got.

You know, it's too bad armor doesn't show up on your character as well.

-EDarkness

Brundidge
Dec 15, 2002, 02:29 PM
Varista on a good looking RAmarl screams "I'm going to pop a cap in your ass."
I like the Guilty Light and Red Scorpio those are cool looking. Or if you get the meteor smash shotgun that looks very cool cuz its super red.
DB sabers looks better than before. I'm not liking the new look for the Durandal though.

EDarkness
Dec 18, 2002, 09:04 PM
Well, my quest for cool looking weapons continues. I recently found a weapon called the Final Impact. A very cool shotgun with a crazy range. It's kinda slow firing, but it does damage. It's a cool looking piece of hardware. I generally use mechguns, but I've been using my Final Impact in easier levels because it takes out monsters pretty fast.

I also picked up a weapon called a Last Survivor. I haven't seen it in action, but the pic of it looks pretty cool. I can't wait until my hunter character can use it. Especially since a few of you guys said it looked cool.

Anyway, my search continues. Anyone found anything else lately?

-EDarkness

Robantifast
Dec 18, 2002, 10:05 PM
I'd have to say I like the Durandal's new look...in fact, all the new 9 star weapons look cool except for the Brionac and Vjaya. I don't like those at all...

I'd have to say the new twin swords look really cool, especially the G-Assassin Blades. I'm looking forward to using those...

However, I'd have to say my favorite weapon, lookwise is the Zanba *drools* followed closely by the Dark Flow. Too bad they're very rare...hopefully my Skyly HUcast that I'm going to have will find them...

Rubric
Dec 18, 2002, 10:46 PM
I'd say the coolest weapons would be either the Dark Flow or the Zanba, because they remind me of swords in other RPGs. Even though I can't use them on my character.....

Spread needle owns all your base!

Elusive_Llama
Dec 19, 2002, 01:58 AM
Demolition comet is great. It looks like a short staff when undeployed, but when you get within range the two ends extend outwards to form a staff, and numerous pointy-looking photon shards appear around the circumferences of the staff ends. Ooh man...does that look painful or what?

HiroTristar
Dec 19, 2002, 02:07 AM
I'm a sap for the double saber type. I still need to retrieve a Twin Brand in EpI&II and I'll be finished searching for rares (from there on I'll just get what I find; won't search for specifics). Lightning Partisan doesn't look too bad, but I'll stick to my Twin Brand when I get one as my weapon of choice. The twin saber type is cool, but as most people have mentioned so far, the HUmar looks funny when you run with those things. I honestly like what Sonic Team's done with the 9-star swords. I've always liked sword-types in PSO too.

EDarkness
Jan 22, 2003, 11:36 AM
It's been a while but I have managed to check out a few more cool looking weapons. I was playing with a friend of mine a couple days ago and he was using this staff that looked like a translucent hand. I think it was one of the "Flow" weapons. Looked awesome. I found something called the Gae Bolg which looks cool for a Partisan type weapon. There aren't too many of them it appears. I saw someone using a Double Cannon (or something like that) which seemed kinda interesting.

Sadly enough, there aren't too many cool rares that look cool that I think are worth using. What good is it to have a cool looking weapon, but it can be outperformed by a standard weapon with good percents? Heh, makes no sense to me.

-EDarkness

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 12:05 PM
On 2002-12-13 14:45, Seph5172 wrote:
i need to level my ranger to use crush bullet, but im loving the new graphics for the V1 items from DC. im sure they were like that on v2 or something but i never played that. Only new one i have seen is the varista, which looks damn cool, at least compared to the regular one. yep http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The Varista in V2 looked the same as in V1....

The GCN Varista is hot.

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 12:18 PM
Sadly enough, there aren't too many cool rares that look cool that I think are worth using. What good is it to have a cool looking weapon, but it can be outperformed by a standard weapon with good percents? Heh, makes no sense to me.

Grind them to the MAX!

Hrith
Jan 22, 2003, 12:27 PM
YAMIGARASU & S-RED'S BLADES are my faves so far http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ron
Jan 22, 2003, 12:39 PM
Rika's claw...*drool* I'd trade any rare to get my hands on that thing even if I had that olga flow sword or a mag cell... the morning glory ( I love claw weapons) as far as commen rares go I like the gae bolg the dragon slayer and the *gasp* DB sabre those are the few that I've seen

polishedweasel
Jan 22, 2003, 12:40 PM
I cannot beleive that nobody has mentioned the Twin Blaze... That is the coolest double saber weapon of all time! I am also a big fan of the Final Impact, I use that and my trusty JUSTY.

I really like how the Final Impact opens up when it shoots. It's very 1337. MY RAmarl's costume matches the gun too!

For FO's I like the BRAVE HAMMER, it sort of resembles a donkey.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 22, 2003, 01:05 PM
Handguns:
Yasminkov 2000H on a Ramarl is true gangsta-stylin'. "I'm gonna bust a cap in yo ass, bish!". It helps that there's a laser sight on the gun.

Shotguns:
Baranz Launcher lets you unleash wave after wave of missiles. I just wish the sound effect had more ooomph to it, and the missiles should explode on impact.

Yasminkov 7000V is a must for any shotgun fans, even if it doesn't hit multiple targets (it must be firing 1oz slugs instead of buckshot).

Sabers:
Any of the Agitos. I'm glad they made the katana models with great care and precision. I swear I can see the hamon on the blades!

Swords:
Zanba. Nothing like a Cloud Buster to bust up some booma's face.

Rifles:
C-Bringer's rifle. Reminds me of the SDF-1's hands (Macross).

Daggers:
Hmm...I don't use these as much as I used to, so I'd probably say Lavis Blades.

Doublesabers:
Doublecannon, hands down. No need for explanation.

Other weapons:
Hmm. Dark Bridge, I guess. Looks ultra freaky.

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 22, 2003, 01:32 PM
Sange & Yasha! Any of the katana weapons look cool too. Dragon Slayer, Red Sword, Chain Sawd. Soul Eater, Zanba. And of course the Angry Fist!

Nothing says "i love you olga flow" like a kick to his face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hooray4punkmusic on 2003-01-22 10:33 ]</font>

chopsticks44
Jan 22, 2003, 01:33 PM
has anyone ever seen a heaven's punisher up close? looks like a ps2 controller.

Annoy
Jan 22, 2003, 01:42 PM
I like the katanas... Tsumikiri J-Sword being my favorite. Although I know it's duped...the only reason I have it is for screen shots...my guy looks really cool with it. Then I like the Twinkle star as well. Then the Dark Bridge (Which I don't have), is kinda cool with all its tentacles flopping around and stuff http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yurika
Jan 22, 2003, 01:42 PM
I'm a big fan of both the Gae Bolg and the Brionac. The Gae bolg is just plain nifty almost giger looking, and the Brionac is just so darn cute. I like how the blade is hidden, and pops out when you swing it or move into the attack stance.

I also really dig the Hidebear cane. I mean, c'mon. It's a hildebear head that barks when you special, and sits there moving his mouth. How cool is that. ^___^

Twin psychoguns look pretty cool, and I was severely dissapointed in the red weapons. I was hoping they wouldn't look so normal. >_<

Ghaleon
Jan 22, 2003, 04:27 PM
i like the suppressed gun

EDarkness
Jan 22, 2003, 04:45 PM
I have yet to see an of the katana type weapons. I guess that's what I'll hunt for next. What's really strange is that the other day I found this freaky umbrella weapon. I think it's called Madam's Umbrella. Looks cool. Don't know why anyone would use it, but if you're going for style....all you need now is a little rain and a great voice. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And I have to agree about the Final Impact. That's a cool looking weapon. I love the color. It's the main weapon of choice for my RAcaseal. Too bad there aren't more cool shotgun type weapons.

-EDarkness

RedFox
Jan 22, 2003, 05:57 PM
Red Daggers...

ba-bam, ba-bam, ba-bam! whoo! youuu e deeead barble!

Vantamiath
Jan 22, 2003, 06:01 PM
LAST SURVIVOR

Gotta love the ping-ping noise!

Smash
Jan 22, 2003, 08:11 PM
DARK BRIDGE!!!!!

Annoy
Jan 22, 2003, 08:29 PM
I have yet to see an of the katana type weapons. I guess that's what I'll hunt for next. What's really strange is that the other day I found this freaky umbrella weapon. I think it's called Madam's Umbrella. Looks cool. Don't know why anyone would use it, but if you're going for style....all you need now is a little rain and a great voice.http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lol...I forgot about those....like those alot too. I was gonna trade for one...but I got my J-sword instead. I've got a few screenshots, but I need a place to upload them at. Otherwise I'll never be able to show them off...nor the banner I'm working on o.O

melte
Jan 22, 2003, 10:43 PM
i think the crush bullet is cool it is really BIG! lol its cool

Toyzferall
Jan 22, 2003, 11:11 PM
I wish the Last Survivor wern't one of the weaker rares. It's to freakin' cool! Right now... I DIG the Red Sword, it's even freakin' bigger than most of the OTHER swords! And THAT'S a big weapon. Also, it's color scheme matches my HUcast perfectly. ^.^;;

ekoala2
Jan 23, 2003, 12:03 PM
I like the S-Berrill hands #1. its just really cool to have camoflaged (sp???) hands and whooping some butt. I also like the frying pan because it is just weird.

Mr_Snuggles
Jan 23, 2003, 12:42 PM
i would say that Rikas Claw is hilarious..its not the prettiest wep but its just funny looking on my humar..why? well my humar is the size of an El rappy and when u equip him with the Rikas claw, it buries itself in the ground cuz hes to short to keep it above his feet XD. my favorite wep would be the srank twin. gun would be the yasminkov 9000 (the mech) and favorite wep for my fomar is that scythe thingy..evil looking http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hellcaster
Jan 23, 2003, 12:44 PM
I love my Orotiagito! That and my S-Beat blades look so darn stylin.

carnivale
Dec 2, 2003, 09:53 PM
ur all wrong the best lookin wep is definitly imperial pick lookin like a dwarf headin to the mines its the greatest

Bad-M
Dec 2, 2003, 09:59 PM
Elysion...Crazy Tune...dbl canon...

Monomate
Dec 2, 2003, 10:03 PM
Personally my favorite weapon of all time is the Soul Eater, simply because it looks so badass...it's a pretty basic 'rare' weapon, and it's not very powerful when compared with some other weapons, but i mean...it's a freakin' scythe!!!! and a pretty tight looking scythe at that...

(and it goes so well with Rati...and most of my characters...considering i tend to use black costumes...)

Eihwaz
Dec 2, 2003, 10:10 PM
Hmm...quite a few of them.

Red Partisan*
Red Sword
Red Saber
Double Cannon
Demolition Comet*
Soul Eater/Soul Banish*
Vulcans* XD
Crazy Tune O.o
S-Red's Blade
Holy Ray*
Psycho Wand
Prophets of Motav*
Heart of Poumn
Elysion*
Rika's Claw
and some others too...

Oh, * means I have that weapon. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rogue100
Dec 3, 2003, 12:34 AM
Being partial to the gun types, I'm going to vote for these as some of my favorites:

Egg Blaster (Bar-none, the coolest looking gun in the game).
Holy Ray
Bringer's Rifle
Justy
Final Impact (not quite on the level of the experience S-Rank needle, but my ranger's best friend when I'm nearing a levelup, and need that extra bit of experience stealing goodness to excelerate the process).

anwserman
Dec 3, 2003, 12:40 AM
Delsaber's Buster!

The only reason why I say this is because if a FOnewearl equips it, and she has poofy blueish/purple hair on both sides (no hat), with darker skin with the purple/black outfit, she totally owns.

It is the coolest thing in the world to see.

Raziel_Kai
Dec 3, 2003, 07:44 AM
Harisen Battle Fan, Crazy Tune, Agito series, Sange & Yasha (the combined form), Durandal, Last Survivor, SRank Sword, Morning Glory, photon launcher series, Visk, AntiAndroid Rifle, Silenced Gun, Red weapon series, Yas weapon series and Dark Flow.

For me, those are the most visually impressive weapons (not to mention, Dark Flow's special attack looks neat).
I also love the sound effects that accompany the Harisen, the Crazy Tune, the katana weapons and the Last Survivor's attacks.

StrongBad
Dec 3, 2003, 06:06 PM
guns: any Yasminkov, best being 9000m, and NUG 2000
blade: Red Saber, Chain Sawd, and Twin Blaze
wand: Sting Tip, Evil Curst, and Psycho Wand

Delsaber
Dec 3, 2003, 06:33 PM
Swords:
Zanba, Red Sword, Last Survivor, Dragon Slayer, Victor Axe
Sabers:
Elysion, Ancient Saber, Durandal, Delsaber's Buster, Red Saber
Handguns:
Yasminkov2000H, Red Handgun, Suppressed Gun
Rifles:
Holy Ray, Yasminkov7000v(3000R is ugly), Justy23-ST, Regular rifles
Shots:
All shots look cool
Slicer:
Rainbow Baton, Diska of Braveman
Wands:
Twinkle Star
Cane:
Summit Moon
Rod:
All rods

JohanCC
Dec 3, 2003, 06:53 PM
hmm... look at the first post:

Posted: 2002-12-13 12:35

Why do people bump old topics? Read Da Rules (http://www.pso-world.com/faq.php?myfaq=yes&id_cat=9&categories=Forum)

ladyjaderiver
Dec 3, 2003, 09:21 PM
My favourite weapons would have to be Mahu, Berdysh, Kamui and Flight Cutter... And Dark Flow is just sweet. Can I help it if I love big swords? *G*