PDA

View Full Version : In light of srank board douchebaggery...

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:03 PM
I just realized what PSU needs: Master Loot.

Being witness to someone pulling off that particular brand of greed, there really needs to be someway for the leader to control who gets what in a PUG.

FUFME
May 20, 2007, 02:05 PM
It's being done and it's called Forming your own party or going Solo.

Last night every game on Mad Beast was totally locked with no more then 3-4 people in each game

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:07 PM
Sure, if you want to be a snob.

I kind of like just joining up and meeting new folks. There just needs to be a means for leaders to prevent luck moochers from pig handing things.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:08 PM
Also: I don't have a clan/guild or a super circle of friends that I can just assemble a team on the drop of a hat. And soloing rainbow beast is aggravating X3

FUFME
May 20, 2007, 02:21 PM
I always set my games to Order/Order. That way everyone gets a fair shot. Once in a while Ive helped people hunt a certain item

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 02:27 PM
What your saying is not making sence.

Either like the above post ses, make your own or solo, or you can join a party that has random or order in the basic items thingy, or be quick with grabbing the money.

Its an online game, expect everyone to grab everything as fast as they can after the enemies are killed or while being killed.

I could understand if a person was picking everything up and was doing nothing=boot but if not you just have to deal with it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-20 12:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-20 12:32 ]</font>

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 02:31 PM
Go solo, simple as that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 02:33 PM
Nate is disagreeing with you. That means that you're right.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:34 PM
1) I'd like a Master Loot option.
1a) The leader gets all drops.
1b) Leader can distrubute at end of mission of when party breaks up.

2) People who loot rares and then act funny and leave right away will be SOL.

But it looks like I'm talking to folks who say 'me me me, fuck anyone else'.

Cool.

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 02:36 PM
They would never make that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

And if you don't want people to loot crappy rares (scapedolls)

simply ask them, It seems to me that you're mad because... umm you didn't get anything? o.o

If you don't like pug's.... I'll say it again SOLO!

amtalx
May 20, 2007, 02:38 PM
I don't think anyone should have that much control over the item distribution. What's to stop the leader from being as much of a jackass as everyone else? In fact, those would probably be the same people using the 'Master Loot' control.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:39 PM
No, just seeing a twin claws board drop, force getting it while the two FF can do nothing but sigh and hope thier luck gets better. And the force goes on about getting $$$ for it, rubbing it in thier faces.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:45 PM
Well, those who abuse masterloot would get as much of a bad reputation as those who abuse the current loot systems.

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 02:46 PM
FFXI's system would work well, I'd think. Things don't go immediately to the players, but rather a treasure chest. People can lot for items in the chest, or pass on them. After a certain amount of time, the item is distributed to a player. It goes to the player with the highest lot number. If nobody lotted, it goes to a random player who did not pass the item. If everyone passed on the item, it is destroyed.
If you lot on the item, everyone knows that you lotted for it. If you didn't ask beforehand, or it wasn't expected for you to lot, you look like an ass and risk being kicked from the party (or worse yet, a major group). The rest of the party still has enough time to boot you so that someone else gets the item, as well. This makes it so the person that was hunting for the item gets what he wants, and the person coming for the random junk to sell doesn't screw anyone over.

Seems fair to me.

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 02:47 PM
There is no such thing as a fair loot system in PUGs. Someone's gonna complain that they're getting screwed no matter what. As an example, look up the ridiculous "set in order is broken" debates.

If you want to be assured that you get a certain rare if it drops, your options are simple: solo, or run with friends. Just because one no-name got on your nerves is no reason to rewrite the game and create a bunch of potential assholes in the process.

Weeaboolits
May 20, 2007, 02:47 PM
I'm offline, so I get to keep everything. >;]

Then again, I don't really find anything that interesting... ;_;

FUFME
May 20, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-05-20 12:34, Mewnie wrote:

LOL!!! That's definatly will not work out. Everyone fight over the good 10-12* Rares and who will be satisfied with the Kerseline ?

McLaughlin
May 20, 2007, 02:49 PM

Cool.

I hated that option in FFXI, and I'll hate it here. It's just as easy for the Leader to shaft everyone (thanks to the people picking up the berries) as it to be screwed over by Set Order. I vastly prefer being fucked over by my luck against knowing the leader have me one sixth of the berries that dropped.

Edit: I agree with Zorafim. The best way to do it is probably FFXI's way (the non-Master looter one). Probably the best distribution I've come across thus far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-05-20 12:52 ]</font>

amtalx
May 20, 2007, 02:51 PM
People will find a way to take advantage of every situation. There's nothing you can do about them. You just have to either deal with them, or play with friends.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:53 PM
I hated that option in FFXI, and I'll hate it here. It's just as easy for the LEader to shaft everyone (thanks to the people picking up the berries) as it to be screwed over by Set Order. I vastly prefer being fucked over by my luck against knowing the leader have me one sixth of the berries that dropped.

What? You thought it'd be automatically distrubuted?

rofl

no

Leader can toss stuff that isn't nesseccary. Like dropping all those berries and hand out rares him/herself.

It'd make it a bit slower, but beats ninja looters.

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-05-20 12:33, Zorafim wrote:

OOOOOOOOOooo...? You looked at this topic when you saw "last post natewifi". Stop trying to come up with suck ass sarcasm so JD and your other cyber friends will try and team up with you.

On topic, your just like every other newcomer you just joined PSO-world to cry or call out someone because they "stole" something or some stupid shit.

STOP BEING SO GODDAMN EMOTIONAL. Do solo. im not trying to sound mean but your just trying to ignore reality, that option you posted will never happen, so you have to make your own way of getting money which is simple, stop waisting time crying on PSO-world and do missions.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 02:58 PM
Emotional? No.

Wondering what could be done to prevent situations like I had to witness? Possibly.

It seems everyone else is wailing and gnashing thier teeth at someone daring to question the status quo.

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-05-20 12:54, natewifi wrote:
OOOOOOOOOooo...? You looked at this topic when you saw "last post natewifi". Stop trying to come up with suck ass sarcasm so JD and your other cyber friends will try and team up with you.

I don't have cyber friends, you're just always wrong.

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 03:03 PM
The status quo seems to be that games need complicated loot systems to ensure that everything is "fair" so that no one gets all pissed off when someone else gets an item they wanted.

And I'll gnash my teeth at that any day of the week.

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 03:04 PM
I think the point is that the force didn't need the fuka board.

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 03:06 PM
On 2007-05-20 13:02, Zorafim wrote:

I don't have cyber friends, you're just always wrong.

Fine!, -Cries- I'll go dive a dagger on my right arm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 03:08 PM

On 2007-05-20 12:33, Zorafim wrote:

On topic, your just like every other newcomer you just joined PSO-world to cry or call out someone because they "stole" something or some stupid shit.

STOP BEING SO GODDAMN EMOTIONAL. Do solo. im not trying to sound mean but your just trying to ignore reality, that option you posted will never happen, so you have to make your own way of getting money which is simple, stop waisting time crying on PSO-world and do missions.

There he goes again

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-05-20 13:04, Zorafim wrote:
I think the point is that the force didn't need the fuka board.

Shit happens. Does this mean that the game needs to be recoded to make sure a force NEVER gets their grubby hands on an S-rank melee weapon board again? Or does it mean that people should exercise a bit more caution when rare hunting? I gave two sensible alternatives that would prevent these situations (solo/friends only); if no one wants to use them, they can direct their tears elsewhere.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 03:15 PM
not everyone has a large amount of friends (mine are not on most times I am, or are doing other things and I'm not going to drag them to a mission for a rare drop just for me)

nor do some play solo friendly classes

Golto
May 20, 2007, 03:19 PM
Pc/ps2 or 360 Mewnie? It would be nice to have some kind of rares go to the type that can use them option if 9*+ and leave the same old methods for mats.

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 03:25 PM
Then, Mewnie, if you "have no choice" but to do pick-ups, understand that you're gonna be taking your chances. I guarantee that a game set to Master Loot would end up with you soloing anyway; why should total strangers trust you to be fair to them?

On an aside, the lot system from FFXI requires a sort of loot etiquette which is expected among MMO players, not so much PSU players. That such an idea is even seriously being discussed is something I find irritating; loot drama is the root of all MMO evil, and I'd be fine with PSU not having any of it.

Mewnie
May 20, 2007, 03:30 PM
there's plenty of it right now.

but fuck me, I might as well keep any ideas to myself if the reception is this hostile X3

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-05-20 13:09, Sekani wrote:
Shit happens. Does this mean that the game needs to be recoded to make sure a force NEVER gets their grubby hands on an S-rank melee weapon board again?

Yeah, pretty much.

On 2007-05-20 13:06, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:
Fine!, -Cries- I'll go dive a dagger on my right arm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sorry Rena, I've only known you for a couple of days. You still aren't in friend status. Feel free to make fun of Nate with me, though.

By the way, who's JD?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-05-20 13:39 ]</font>

McLaughlin
May 20, 2007, 03:46 PM
A Loot Master would have to, you know, not be an asshole. I don't understand how you expect people who get something by chance and refuse to give it up to be fair when they have ALL of the loot.

No one uses Master Loot in FFXI for a reason. >_>

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 03:52 PM
Telling me im wrong is making fun of me? What childish bama makes fun of people anyways, what century are you from? And JD is that guy who sits afk for hours on end. Zorak when you like little girl (loli or w/e you pedophiles call them) boobies, your really in no postion to be "making fun" of someone else.

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 04:03 PM
We make fun of you because you're an ass

there I said it <3

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 04:07 PM
Pretty much. And isn't Zorak that bug thing villain in those terrible space ghost cartoons?

VanHalen
May 20, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:03, Ryuugu-Rena wrote:

there I said it <3

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 04:11 PM

there I said it <3

Only thing said in this thread that I agree with.

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 04:15 PM
Nate posted in here?
Dammit this thread is bound to be locked.
Nate, if you werent such a dick, maybe we would care about your opinion. I can prove this because you will quote me, and try tomake fun of me. At the same time, this will only prove my point that you are a dick.
If you dont however, you will still agree becasue you are not defending youself after i called you a dick.
PARADOX!

Scion
May 20, 2007, 04:17 PM
On 2007-05-20 13:52, natewifi wrote:
Telling me im wrong is making fun of me? What childish bama makes fun of people anyways, what century are you from? And JD is that guy who sits afk for hours on end. Zorak when you like little girl (loli or w/e you pedophiles call them) boobies, your really in no postion to be "making fun" of someone else.

And, really, neither are you. You see how you contradicted yourself in one short paragraph?

Do you enjoy digging yourself into holes that you can't get out of?

there I said it <3

QFT.

Anyways, this isn't the place to be starting flame wars, and I'm not gonna risk getting myself in trouble again...so...

Back on topic:

The loot...I don't like the idea of the leader getting everything. It's too hard to trust people that you don't know sometimes.

If you're hunting something, you really shouldn't be in random parties. Hunt with your friends! Makes it a good time to bond. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If you don't have friends, then go solo lol.

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 04:22 PM
Lol I never asked why your making fun of me because simply I dont care. I think its funny when you guys say things like "your an ass", its fun when you guys dislike me, im an ass because you exist so every body wins!

There I sed it <3

Hey arent you guys flaming?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-20 14:24 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 04:23 PM
if you listen carefully, you can hear nobody caring about nate

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 04:24 PM
you exist to make people feel bad? I mean really -_- thats just stupid

On the topic

as hikaru said, If you're hunting somthing you really should not be um going with random partys >< Friends or Solo will be the best for you

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 04:25 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:22, natewifi wrote:
Lol I think its funny when you guys say things like "your an ass", I dont care if you dislike me, im an ass because you exist so every body wins!

There I sed it <3

I think you're kinda funny actually. You can't PvP in the game, so you try to PvP on the forums. And you pretty much get your ass handed to you everytime. But hey, I'll give you credit for not blaming your stupidity on lag.

McLaughlin
May 20, 2007, 04:26 PM
Lol I never asked why your making fun of me because simply I dont care. I think its funny when you guys say things like "your an ass", its fun when you guys dislike me, im an ass because you exist so every body wins!

There I sed it <3

Hey arent you guys flaming?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-20 14:24 ]</font>

You must laugh at yourself quite a bit then.

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 04:27 PM
Sekani... go get a wife. Mod i just want you to know I have no part in this, Zorafim or w/e made a "flame" comment and like I sed a bunch of his cyber friends were to join in so yuh know whenever you feel like, one of you can just go on and ban all these other people. Tankz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-20 14:31 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: natewifi on 2007-05-20 14:37 ]</font>

Scion
May 20, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:25, Sekani wrote:

Lol I think its funny when you guys say things like "your an ass", I dont care if you dislike me, im an ass because you exist so every body wins!

There I sed it <3

I think you're kinda funny actually. You can't PvP in the game, so you try to PvP on the forums. And you pretty much get your ass handed to you everytime. But hey, I'll give you credit for not blaming your stupidity on lag.

You're awesome <3

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

[edit] But, seriously. Let's not try to get a topic locked over something stupid like this...http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Oh, and, while we're still kinda on it, you didn't really answer my questions. I guess it's too hard, so here's a cookie dat i made juss 4 u http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/heartcookie.gif

Feel better! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hikaru-san on 2007-05-20 14:39 ]</font>

DikkyRay
May 20, 2007, 04:30 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:27, natewifi wrote:
Sekani... go get a wife.

Awww is someone sad that they dont have a comeback?

And before this gets de-railed even more-
if you are angry at the drops, ask a friend to hunt with you if you join a random party. That way your chances are doubled to get the item you want

Dj_SkyEpic
May 20, 2007, 04:34 PM
On 2007-05-20 12:03, Mewnie wrote:

Being witness to someone pulling off that particular brand of greed, there really needs to be someway for the leader to control who gets what in a PUG.

I theorized about having a "Choose your loot" option at the counter for where you can debate and place a bounty for whatever you want. In turn, that bounty would be distributed towards the party.

For example:
Mewnie's Loot: [B] Deva-Zashi
Bounty: 1 Million meseta towards party.

Now if the item does drop, 1 million meseta would be distributed evenly towards the party.

How's that for an idea of a master loot system?

Sekani
May 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:30, DikkyRay wrote:

if you are angry at the drops, ask a friend to hunt with you if you join a random party. That way your chances are doubled to get the item you want

That's actually not a bad idea.

Or communicate with randoms. If everyone agrees beforehand that certain drops go to a certain person or people, there's less of a chance for assholishness.

Scion
May 20, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:34, Dj_SkyEpic wrote:

On 2007-05-20 12:03, Mewnie wrote:

I theorized about having a "Choose your loot" option at the counter for where you can debate and place a bounty for whatever you want. In turn, that bounty would be distributed towards the party.

For example:
Mewnie's Loot: [B] Deva-Zashi
Bounty: 1 Million meseta towards party.

Now if the item does drop, 1 million meseta would be distributed evenly towards the party.

How's that for an idea of a master loot system?

1 MILLION?! Lol, let's go help Mewnie find a Deva-zashi now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

natewifi
May 20, 2007, 04:38 PM
Look at all you guys trying to make it seem like you came on this topic to help the poster, psh FAKE.

Scion
May 20, 2007, 04:41 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:38, natewifi wrote:
Look at all you guys trying to make it seem like you came on this topic to help the poster, psh FAKE.

Nah, we really did come in here to help. Just figured we'd kill two birds with one stone. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Dj_SkyEpic
May 20, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:37, Sekani wrote:

On 2007-05-20 14:30, DikkyRay wrote:

That's actually not a bad idea.

Or communicate with randoms. If everyone agrees beforehand that certain drops go to a certain person or people, there's less of a chance for assholishness.

With great random parties, you can always suggest calling for a certain item.

I've seen it happen plenty of times during my grinding in these missions. One would go...

"Has the Uransura wand been called yet?"

Just try that Mewnie. Before entering a random party, suggest that people call for the items first. It'll make you actually feel comfortable playing with the party at the while have more reasons to converse.

Mayu
May 20, 2007, 04:45 PM
On 2007-05-20 14:38, natewifi wrote:

We are helping, You're not... Your simply responding to our attacks and....

You're just flaming people as usual

If you don't post, I mean well do POST but for once Do not flame someone

Zorafim
May 20, 2007, 04:50 PM
I don't like the idea of one person being in control of who gets what. I'd rather the whole group is in control, and has to sacrifice some items to get what they want. Everyone in these lv100+ areas wants a rare item, right? The person who gets one probably has no use for it, so they'll try trading it for something they like. The person who wants it gets a kerseline. What makes the first person deserve the item more than the second person? Why do they both have to keep hunting, instead of one of them being able to go home for the day?

Ah, we've been Rant'd.

Skuda
May 21, 2007, 02:22 AM
I like the idea of rolling for which piece of loot you want. Those assholes who are loot whores that start rolling for every rare can be easily kicked.

And a rule of thumb, don't roll for loot that's on your alt. Just roll for loot for your class, and everyone will be happy at the end of the day. If the desired items drop, that is.

Falconpunch
May 21, 2007, 02:37 PM

Cool.

Oh yeah.

Because the leader getting all the drops could never be abused. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ryna
May 21, 2007, 05:26 PM
I'm locking this thread due to the petty flaming that is occuring between certain people.