PDA

View Full Version : I heard this rumor...

wumarkus
Dec 13, 2002, 04:29 PM
I heard this rumor that information was being stolen from the hard workers at While I don't run the site, or even play PSO, I think that's pretty crappy when sites like these steal information from the little guys that try to present their information in a different way.

whatever - we'll see how long this takes to be modded

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-03-02 23:56 ]</font>

GimpyBoy
Dec 13, 2002, 04:40 PM
That's strange why would anyone steal from them... And what is there to steal... Is it worth alot?

Ah you mean the rare drops sheet. Yeah that sucks. but it's the internet and as we all know the internet is all about stealing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GimpyBoy on 2002-12-13 13:42 ]</font>

wumarkus
Dec 13, 2002, 04:58 PM
you know, the internet didn't use to be about stealing - and it doesn't have to be. sure, it's a stupid drop chart, but what kind of integrity do you have to have to steal all of your information.

the internet was a lot better before the web came around. now it's filled with lamers

Tavia
Dec 13, 2002, 05:52 PM
On 2002-12-13 13:58, wumarkus wrote:
the internet was a lot better before the web came around. now it's filled with lamers

I don't know if I need to respond to that.

LollipopLolita
Dec 13, 2002, 06:03 PM
well i moved this to site related is it being modded?

i'm sorry if we have our own users submitting info. as it is we have more than 100 submissions i have yet to take care of. please do not discredit the work that our own users have done.

people take info from this site too, i don't feel the need to go around pointing fingers.

eRUPT
Dec 13, 2002, 06:07 PM
Funny how we had been working on the rare finds database for over a month. Funny how we host 2 faqs by the owner of that website by his permission and encouragement.

Do you have any idea what your talking about?

Guess not.

We recieve about 30 emails a day submitting info on finds and have been for quite some time. Sad to see how any post of quality information is flamed as stolen or hacked or whatever. I could care less about error flames cause we fix them and better the site. The stolen info flames are just moronic, I would love some proof of this. I myself simple rely on user submitted info.

Either way, doesn't even matter I know what we do I know I work about as much on this site as a full time job and recieve no payment minus the loving flames I get from idiotic children.

Flame on, I only work harder when you do, and its only made this site have the most pso info I've seen.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2002-12-13 15:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2002-12-13 15:14 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Dec 13, 2002, 06:07 PM
btw thanks for reminding me to add the findings submissions

LollipopLolita
Dec 13, 2002, 06:14 PM
keep the critiques coming, helps us make the site better. thank you for helping!

FinalMasterM
Dec 14, 2002, 02:20 AM
I love PSOW *gives it a big hug*

LollipopLolita
Dec 14, 2002, 04:51 AM
actually, seriously though, to me, i don't understand why all the other pso sites seem to be in so much competition against us or hate us. because to me, i think, it would be much better for players if everyone sorta kinda got together, stopped the accusations and shared info and stopped trying to one up each other. and i for one really have no problem with that. i just think it would be much friendlier and better if we could all pool together.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-12-14 01:52 ]</font>

FinalMasterM
Dec 14, 2002, 05:13 AM
On 2002-12-14 01:51, LollipopLolita wrote:
actually, seriously though, to me, i don't understand why all the other pso sites seem to be in so much competition against us or hate us

I honestly think it's because they don't understand this is a "FANSITE" and most of our news does come from other sites (which we do link to and give credit for). Some people just over look that and go "There goes those PSOWers, stealing news from (another site) and images from (another site)'s image gallery".

Also like Lolita (or whoever said) most people send images/info to their e-mail (them being Mods/Admins) and it would take a lot of work to figure out if theses images were stolen from another site. So you cannot blame the site as a whole or the mods/admins if there is info/images/etc on this site from another one.

LollipopLolita
Dec 14, 2002, 05:15 AM
eh i can vouch that plenty of the pictures in the guides are not stolen, because i have the psd files for them.

i scanned most of the ones in media myself. screenshots are taken by one of us too.

in fact other sites have used our pictures. but really i see no use to point fingers at them. i see our avatars everywhere too.

and as for news, everyone gets their news from st.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2002-12-14 02:19 ]</font>

Saladwood
Dec 14, 2002, 08:25 AM
i heard this rumor that PSOW is going downhill

Spy
Dec 14, 2002, 04:56 PM
why don't you admins just contract out Barubary and have him look at the hex code to see what exactly drops what. It would probably be faster and more accurate then sorting through 30 emails a day.