PDA

View Full Version : Shaky Fingers

Dangerous55
May 21, 2007, 12:51 PM
PSOW is my medical center. Eh, not really but I like to hear from you people. For about the last month my fingers have been shaking off and on. Not shaking alot just at rest. It is very annoying but does not hinder anything I do. Sometimes it won't do it in certain positions, sometimes it will. I use my thumbs to test. It certain positions they will shake, or just in almost any position. I don't get it. Any ideas? More info?

BTW, I am going to see a doctor about it if they ever get their computers running to set up an appointment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dangerous55 on 2007-05-21 10:53 ]</font>

Blitzkommando
May 21, 2007, 12:55 PM
Have you changed your caffeine intake recently? Caffeine can cause shakes if you get too much of it or if you are weaning yourself off of it as well as other potential nasty side-effects.

Aside from caffeine, stress can cause a lot of strange things to happen, including shakes. Are there any other changes in the last months that could've caused it?

Dangerous55
May 21, 2007, 01:00 PM
On 2007-05-21 10:55, Norvekh wrote:
Have you changed your caffeine intake recently? Caffeine can cause shakes if you get too much of it or if you are weaning yourself off of it as well as other potential nasty side-effects.

Aside from caffeine, stress can cause a lot of strange things to happen, including shakes. Are there any other changes in the last months that could've caused it?

I should have mentioned that. My diet has not changed really for the last couple of years. I am drinking les ice tea, but still some. I can't think of anything diet related that would cause this for a month. Then again, I am no doctor.

Stress? Maybe, I was pretty weird with stress in Feb-early March but got over that, so it seems. And shaking has been consistent for the last month even when I am feeling great. I don't know if stress can still do that, I don't know. Thanks for the thoughts.

Solstis
May 21, 2007, 01:22 PM
Nerve damage? Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Only shakey finger things I can think of.

Dangerous55
May 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
Potentially.

I also should mention I took a multi-vitamin starting about a month or more ago and stopped. Took it for a week. I am wondering if that could do it.

DurakkenX
May 21, 2007, 01:29 PM
tea has caffeine in it too you know v.v

and unless it's severe shaking then it's nothing to worry about as the body makes muscles fire off if not used...

it could also be caused from medication...some medication gradually does damage over time but doesn't show itself for while but when it does it's really noticable.

DurakkenX
May 21, 2007, 01:41 PM
probably not... but possible. Medication messes with the chemicals in your body and you shouldn't take anything with out writing it down, consulting a docter, and only if it is absolutely necessary. Even though food does the same thing medicine is designed to act intrusively for a specific effect.

Taking vitamins when you don't need them is bad... Just as an example if you take iron supplements and you have a good level of iron already you will start to throw your body temperature out of whack and feel more comfortable at a lower temperature... though it would take a decent amount to do that effectively for the winter/summer lol

amtalx
May 21, 2007, 01:57 PM
Alcohol. Both the cause and solution to all of life's problems. You'll have surgeon's hands in no time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif