PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of Mana

Orange_Coconut
May 22, 2007, 07:26 AM
Random post, not really necessary... But I felt the need to tell people that I'm going to check this game out. I saw it randomly advertised on some random site I was browsing a little while ago.

I have never played a 3D Mana game, I'm just hoping that this will not be a mistake. Ever have that temptation to just go out and get a game? Well, this is one of those random temptations. Perhaps I should wait and do studying on how the game actually plays, but I'm up for taking the risk mainly because I haven't bought a game in such a long time.

So I'll tell you guys if it ends up sucking or if it's actually worth the buy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Siertes
May 22, 2007, 11:42 AM
I have checked out some message boards, and it seems this game isn't that good. A real pain to play. You should really check out some gamer opinions on this one before you buy. I was planning to blindly buy it on name recognition alone, too.

Not anymore.

Weeaboolits
May 22, 2007, 11:43 AM
I say rent it! ;]

ABDUR101
May 22, 2007, 12:26 PM
From experience; don't blindly buy a game unless a) it's a sequel to a game you already like, b) you've researched the game indepth and have numerous opinions on it.

An uneducated person might play this game and think it's quite grand, and someone who's been around and actually has some expectations of what a game should be(quality, content, controls, gameplay, etc); might see it as a very generic spin-off of a popular franchise.

Never buy a game based on what you see at it's own website or hear from it's own dev/publisher; they're trying to make a sale.

Kent
May 22, 2007, 12:58 PM
There hasn't been a good Mana game released in the US since... Secret of Mana. :/

Orange_Coconut
May 22, 2007, 02:13 PM
That's sad, I didn't actually end up picking it up. I ended up getting a game entitled Okami, which I actually -did- do research on. I tend to sporadically grab a game every now and again just due to my curiosity being tapped into. Though, I have a pretty good feeling about this game. Life deserves to have some spontaneity thrown into it somewhere, this is where I tend to get mine. Not saying it's the smartest thing I do, but I've found some pretty groovy games and it's always fun when you don't know what to expect.

That being said, I look forward to Okami. If you'd like, you can close this topic. Or you could branch it off into a discussion of the Mana series or even break it into things that you do randomly from time to time. They would all be interesting to talk about, really.

ABDUR101
May 23, 2007, 10:36 AM
Usually when I pick up a game at random, it's a game thats been out for a while, that I've heard alot about but just never got the time to or full on interest to get. An example was back when the DC was still around, but after alot of good games had been out for a while. I walked into the local Babbages(or what have you) and looked around, and then saw Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia for $20 a pop. Picked em up, took em home, and had a helluva good time with them.

I don't mind spending $20-$30 on a 'pick-up' at random in the store if the game catches my interest, but spending $50-$60, nah, thats not worth it unless I know someone I can give the game to if I don't like it.

DurakkenX
May 23, 2007, 11:13 AM
On 2007-05-22 10:26, ABDUR101 wrote:
From experience; don't blindly buy a game unless a) it's a sequel to a game you already like, b) you've researched the game indepth and have numerous opinions on it.

ummm following that...you don't know what the definition of "blindly" is. It means you have little or no info on a game.

As far as my gaming habits...I am pretty known for my impulse buying so I end up with 4+ new games every few months, most of them are good...some are good, but i suck at them, and a small number of them suck so bad..

Jive18
May 23, 2007, 11:20 AM
It was a grammatical error, it happens to everyone.

On topic, I'm only going to pay $50-60 for a game if I've read, heard, or seen that it is amazing, something like Oblivion. Otherwise I'd wait until it hits the used Gamestop Shelves for $10-20.

ABDUR101
May 23, 2007, 02:09 PM
On 2007-05-23 09:13, DurakkenX wrote:
ummm following that...you don't know what the definition of "blindly" is. It means you have little or no info on a game.

You go back to researching da watamellun muscle and don't bother being a Grammar Policia. =]

A recently fun impulse buy was Castlevania: Curse of Darkness for the Xbox. Was one I had an interest in when it was released, but was undecided. Was a nice find for $16 really.

I'm glad I have alot of nephews though, any games I can't really get into; or bought and ended up finding were just not to my liking, they're more than happy to take off my hands. I recently unloaded about 10-12 PC games off on them and they thought that was 'the shit'.

DurakkenX
May 23, 2007, 02:11 PM
that's not grammar it's contextual definition v.v

Jehosaphaty
May 23, 2007, 10:12 PM
On 2007-05-23 12:09, ABDUR101 wrote:

I'm glad I have alot of nephews though, any games I can't really get into; or bought and ended up finding were just not to my liking, they're more than happy to take off my hands. I recently unloaded about 10-12 PC games off on them and they thought that was 'the shit'.

Ah hell, I wish I had an uncle like that. Where do I sign up?