PDA

View Full Version : Diff/Level Rare Theory

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 08:08 PM
I'm scrapping this one for now. It's been too inconsistent following my initial evidence for it. I beat Normal today with my level 18 Skyly RAmarl, and I haven't found a rare since.

On the plus side, my Pinkal FOnewearl is now in Hard mode and has already found two AGNI, two Laconium, and a Talis. More drops at a higher level is yet more evidence against.

I'm going back to just complete statistical pseudo-randomness http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Stalfos333
Dec 13, 2002, 08:49 PM
Check the charts, there just AREN'T rares during the lower levels. Hard Ruins is about the first place rares really show up, excluding photon drops and add slots, and before that the list of rares is nonexistant. It's hard to find items that aren't there, dig?

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 08:56 PM
My Pinkal did really well on her only run through the forest (2 rares). I know there isn't much there, but it doesn't seem to be at all affected by my character's level. That's all I was saying.

Jeffrey
Dec 13, 2002, 10:01 PM
I have a 67 and 80 characters... shouldent I have found at least one Add Slot by now? Nineteen Photon Drops though.

Jeffrey
Dec 13, 2002, 10:05 PM
I have a 67 and 80 characters... shouldent I have found at least one Add Slot by now? Nineteen Photon Drops though.

Raz
Dec 13, 2002, 10:18 PM
On 2002-12-13 19:05, Jeffrey wrote:

I started a hucaseal char, redria. I walked into forest two and the first box i opened was an add slot-that was the first time i played with that char

p.s. unfortunately havent found any other rares with that char yet

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 10:32 PM
On 2002-12-13 19:05, Jeffrey wrote:

I have a 78 on VHard and two other characters on Hard, and I've found one addslot the whole game (but probably about 13 photon drops).

What section ID are you? I think that may actually affect them since they are armor related. Anyone know about this?

DirewolfX
Dec 13, 2002, 11:04 PM
Check the charts, there just AREN'T rares during the lower levels. Hard Ruins is about the first place rares really show up, excluding photon drops and add slots, and before that the list of rares is nonexistant. It's hard to find items that aren't there, dig?

Actually, I'm quite sure there is one rare (not counting enemy parts) for each enemy on each difficulty from Hard to Ultimate for each section ID. It's just that people are rushing through the earlier difficulty levels to get to the better finds on Very Hard and Ultimate or they're not reporting what they find. Not to mention, that the findings database isn't updated every second. I've submitted quite a few entries over the past few days which haven't gone in yet, such as:

*** Pinkal ***
Hard Forest
Hildebear - Fire Scepter: Agni

Hard Caves
Pal Shark - Club of Laconium
Poison Lilly - Club of Laconium
Pouilly Slime (Red) - Double Saber
Migium - Mace of Adaman

All of those before Hard Ruins... so it has nothing to do with there not being rares before Hard Ruins. It has to do with luck and fewer people playing on Hard (which can be beat in practically one run through) compared to Very Hard (which is tough to beat before level 60-ish) and Ultimate.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 14, 2002, 10:30 AM
my pinkal, at lv 38, got a delsabers left arm in hard ruins doing 'docs secret plan'.

LollipopLolita
Dec 14, 2002, 10:34 AM
On 2002-12-13 20:04, DirewolfX wrote:
Not to mention, that the findings database isn't updated every second. I've submitted quite a few entries over the past few days which haven't gone in yet, such as:

they should be in by now. i have to weed through the entries and find the "good" entries. and you're right, it's not updated every second, past couple days i've been busy doing maps for ruins and cmaps. ^_~ sorry!

Goza
Dec 14, 2002, 03:02 PM
I popped in some Episode 2s last night, and am about to continue "research."

VulpesMundi
Dec 15, 2002, 12:24 AM
On 2002-12-13 17:49, Stalfos333 wrote:

Actually, there are unlisted items in Normal difficulty. The earliest I've found a red box (other than a Photon Drop or AddSlot) was in the Normal Mine. A Gilchic dropped an S-Parts ver.2.01. That was Redria, if I remember correctly. The items in Normal are just very uncommon.

DirewolfX
Dec 15, 2002, 10:54 AM
Actually, there are unlisted items in Normal difficulty. The earliest I've found a red box (other than a Photon Drop or AddSlot) was in the Normal Mine. A Gilchic dropped an S-Parts ver.2.01. That was Redria, if I remember correctly. The items in Normal are just very uncommon.

Not sure if this counts, but...

Booma's Arm - Forest 1

BTW, Lollipop, I hope you didn't take my previous post as a complaint. I'm glad you're checking over the entries first and I don't mind the wait. I was just trying to be informative.