PDA

View Full Version : Hildertor?? What Hildetor??

RuByFiRe
Dec 13, 2002, 10:18 PM
Now i have been in Ultimate for awhile now and have been looking for the frozen shooter, which drops from the rare hildelt, the hildeltor or however you say it. My question is, is can you do the tp trick with them on the one quest. "Forest of sorrow" and if so is there a certain group of them to do it on, for example a certain room or a certain wave? If you know, or no of an easier way to find one PLEASE POST.

Boozie
Dec 13, 2002, 10:26 PM
Good question there. I too tried that today and there were 4 in a room in forest of sorrow. I tp'ed for ever but no hildetorr......

RuByFiRe
Dec 13, 2002, 10:30 PM
Oh and heres another thing i meant to ask is: Do you have a better chance of encountering a rare enemy if you tp when theres more of them? Or do i have just as good of a chance with just tping with one HIldelt reappearing?

Goza
Dec 13, 2002, 10:38 PM
The more the merrier. It's statistical, so think of it like winning the lottery. You're going to spend a lot of money (or tp) either way, but at least buying more than one ticket at a time ups your odds.

Did that make sense?

RuByFiRe
Dec 13, 2002, 11:19 PM
By the way what does one even look like? whats its colors or noticeable features?

TeamPhalanx
Dec 14, 2002, 06:25 AM
I've faced three of those damn things so far...

Trust me, you'll recognize one when you see one. I recommend taking a few scape dolls with you when you go looking for one. These things are armored and have about three times the ATP and HP as the normal Hildets - Then there's the whole Megid spitting deal.

If you're gonna do the TP trick then do it with the Letter from Lionel quest, as three Hildelts drop down in Forest 2.

LollipopLolita
Dec 14, 2002, 06:35 AM
sorta like this

http://www.pso-world.com/images/beastiary/raremonsters/hildetorr.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/images/quizes/hildetorr.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=419

Cheech
Dec 14, 2002, 10:29 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/ducayne/hildetorr.jpg

You will be able to tell. XP

Blue-Hawk
Dec 14, 2002, 11:08 AM
AAAHHH! THE EVIL ROCK-MONKEY! IT MUST DIE!!!!!!
the only one i ever saw was on the pc version. droped crap.

TeamPhalanx
Dec 14, 2002, 11:13 AM
Hildetorrs are the only rare monster that I'll be happy never to see again. I remember doing HS once and it showed up in the final area with 3 Hildelts, which were quite happy to shock me while the Hildetorr Megid me to death.

cbearfei
Dec 14, 2002, 02:24 PM
I think the TP trick works just fine, its just, once you find a rare creature of any type, I don't think any others will appear in that level. I've been hunting for a love rappy for some time now and every time I do the TP trick, I always seem to get the mil lilly to show up and not the love rappy. Anyway, the frozen shooter is one really useful weapon, especially if you can get a hold of cure/frozen because the gun will freeze you from time to time, usually when you're sorrounded and trying to get away.

Also, when you do find the rare creature you're looking for, be sure to nail it once so it can't run away incase you die. The game keeps the creature there if you hit it once. If you don't, it'll probably disappear when you come back from the hospital.

Jeffiroth
Dec 14, 2002, 03:53 PM
My first encounter with this evil being was at lv. 82. I was going through the Forest and made it to the last Hildelt (right in front of the boss warp). I thought to myself (I'm an ORAN right, hmm, maybe I'll get a Syncesta if I pipe this Hildelt a few times)

I piped about four times and there he was (shocked me really bad)

Out of furious rage I attacked him relentlessly with Yamatos

miss, miss 52, 52 58.

miss, 48 miss, miss 50

*critical* hit from the Hildetorr 604 HP = 0, no scape doll. . . . I came back and he was gone.

I piped him for another hour and some odd minutes

BEATS were 834 and then 864 (about 3-3:30 am EST)

this time I owned him hardcore and he dropped 1930 meseta. . .

since then I have piped him a few more times only to get more meseta. Oh well, Syncesta is supposed to be rare. Too bad I need 2 of them a AND to get my force to ULT to get a Lavis cannon

Double cannon is useable by me now, lv 101 and 980 ATP. I just need Lavis cannon and 2 syncesta (in theory anyway)

So in conclusion, I don't think that hitting them makes them stay. It didn't for me.