PDA

View Full Version : Help needed from "shotgunners"

ChaosAngel92
May 28, 2007, 12:21 PM
Hello to all. I cant decide wether if the shotguns worth it or not. I mean, yeah, i have heard tons of good comments about shotguns. Spread bullets, and multiple damage if you get close to the enemy, but seriously, i cant see what everybody see on shotguns. Probably is that im too low level on my Shotguns PA Bullets, but thats a problem too. How everybody can level shotguns PA bullets, if sometime the damage its just 0?
The other time was making some spy work checking some arts on Neudaiz, and i founded 3 cases of gunners with shotgun Pa bullet at level 27? How on the world they do that?
Yes ok, as i said, im too new to shotguns, so if somebody can give me tips about leveling up this thing it would be awesome.

Now here is my other point i have in mind. Ok, surely you are thinking by now "if this guy hate so much shotguns, why he dont replace his PA's of shotguns?". Well, because i didint choose to build a character on shotguns because damage or status effects or etc, my reason is quite stupid but, ummm, hehe, you see, S rank shotguns see terribly awesome. First we have that "gatling" style shotgun, and then a kubara one that see just like a WW II sawed-off shotgun (yeah cant remeber the names now ><). So as a result im just choosing shotguns because the visual.
Now my point is, witch bullets should i choose? Ult shotgun PA? Ice? Light? ALL? currently i have all, but considering im whinning about leveling up this thing, i dont consider all bullets should be a good option for me.
I really hope you guys can help me on this one, i would thank you a lot. By the way, the combo of my "shotgunner" is Protranser and Fortegunner (to be pending), so there is no problem about A rank and S rank diference.

biggabertha
May 28, 2007, 12:59 PM
Shotguns level up incredibly quickly I've found. The more you use them, the better they are. Sure, to begin with, they've only got three shots and the accuracy is rather dismal but endure the fact that it's weak to begin with. They truly get stronger as you do.

Think of the shotgun like the mechguns in PSO. They're not too fantastic when you have low ATP and low ATA but later, as you get a stronger and more stable ATP and ATA balance, they get stronger too. In fact, it's probably a lot stronger than any other weapon in your arsenal for one burst of damage if you use the correct element with it.

As for getting which PAs for it, it really depends on what you're after. Lightning (Barada Inga) is an incredible support element and so is Dark (Barada Megiga). The others I've found are there for pure damage since their status effects either don't last as long or you're better off with another element. The ultimate PA (Barada Maga) is a more expensive bullet (18PP per shot, then 24 then 30 at Lvs. 1, 11 and 21 respectively) than your standard one but it is more accurate than any other shotgun bullet, even from Lv. 1. It's status effect is Zoldeel which is lowering the enemy's accuracy and evasion. Very useful as a support PA and more useful to yourself as a Protranser if you plan on using an Axe PA with it afterwards. If it helps you this much, imagine what it does for Fortefighters and to a lesser extent, Fighgunners.

But I'm sure if you like the looks of a weapon, you won't care about it's stats, it's firing speed or it's usefulness. You'll just get a hold of it and use it like I do with my weapons. (I'm a Protranser.)

Garanz-Baranz
May 28, 2007, 01:27 PM
Shotguns are basically a Fortegunner/Guntecher's 1-spot Axe, if the damage of 1 bullet is say, 200, and you hit all 5 shots on one enemy, you do 1000 damage.

Also, as a hint, there's a method of having EVERY shot hit twice on a multi-targeted enemy, in other words, those 5 bullets count as 10 hits, thus, with the 200 damage point, you get 2000 damage, pure power hit there eh?

I know some enemies that can be hit like that, i'll explain now.

Polavohra/Kog Nadd/Dura Gohra- if you fire the shotgun when the barrel is near or in it's front shoulders, at a near 45 degree angle compared to the Polavohra, you can hit the 2 spots with all bullets.

SEED- Vance/Viticus- Position yourself at a 90 Degree angle facing the 'neck' just below the tenticles, then you can do the 2 spot hit.

De Ragan- yes it works on De Ragan, and De Ragnus, and Zoal Goug, aim for the front shoulder on either side, 45 degree angle like Polavohra.

Kamatose/Carriguine- Aim for the lower body's fron leg, perferably the front left leg[from veiw of the rear].

This can also be done on 2 enemies that are PERFECTLY adjacent to each other... but thats too rare...

ChaosAngel92
May 28, 2007, 03:23 PM
Thenaks to both of you, i think i have recovered the inspiration i needed for this cool weapon.

But I'm sure if you like the looks of a weapon, you won't care about it's stats, it's firing speed or it's usefulness. You'll just get a hold of it and use it like I do with my weapons. (I'm a Protranser.)

Indeed, totally right after all. But well, making low damage (so far..) doesnt give you too much hope. An yes, its good to see them as the mechguns on PSO, good point of that. I rember first triying them saying "what a lame wepon (back on my hu days sigh)" but next i trtied them with charge ability and it was like, why i never used this? Thank you biggabertha

Shotguns are basically a Fortegunner/Guntecher's 1-spot Axe, if the damage of 1 bullet is say, 200, and you hit all 5 shots on one enemy, you do 1000 damage.

Also, as a hint, there's a method of having EVERY shot hit twice on a multi-targeted enemy, in other words, those 5 bullets count as 10 hits, thus, with the 200 damage point, you get 2000 damage, pure power hit there eh?

Ok, i want that now! Hehe, that sounds like a gun powder (well photon here) fest. Too nice, and thank you very much for the advices of multiple hitting and twicing them. I will try right now, that will cut the leveling time in 1/2.

I must say i still have some doubts about what bullet picking up. I mean, i cant imagine have to level up 6 shotgun bulets, so i think that for a Protranser is a good option the, ult one (sorry cant remeber the names ><) Ice, because well, always ice lol, and probably light and dark. I dont know, so any aditional tip is accepted.

amtalx
May 28, 2007, 06:47 PM
Personally, I have all but 2 of my Shotgun bullets at 30. They are a very powerful weapon and they are a great asset to your arsenal. You will see a lot more use out of them at later levels. I was originally discouraged by the low damage and 0s when I was low level. Later on around lvl 50 I saw someone ripping everything to shreds with a Shotgun. I bought one and never turned back.

biggabertha
May 29, 2007, 02:50 AM
n.n;

I have all seven shotgun bullets and I'm a Protranser, I like being able to go into any situation, judge what needs to be done (burn, freeze/damage, shock, silence, confuse, virus or Zoldeel) but thinking about it, I would probably not get the burn one since Burn Lv. 2 is a little dismal compared to Virus Lv. 2. Maybe for a damage dealer to ice enemies or even when Icebreak comes out/if it comes out.

Barada Maga is the Ultimate shotgun PA and it costs 60 PA fragments. usually you don't empty shotguns quickly (and most Fortegunners never really do) but with Barada Maga... This empties quite quickly unless you carry two shotguns in your palette, one for Maga and the other for your main PA element, then you just carry a spare Shotgun or two or even photon charges if you can afford them.

ChaosAngel92
May 29, 2007, 04:08 PM
I just noticed something, i did never mentioned on my post that i anted some xbow too, so maybe that changes the important of PA's of shotguns bullets lol. I will symply do this, i will buy the 6 of them, when i get onto Fortegunner, i will see wich rly i use and wich other not, and then i will be able to dleeate n.n (i hope so) Now here is other point i was thinking, does the ultimate shotgun PA its obligatory? I mean, is it one of the PA you must have?
I give the reminder of my character, that im planning to building it for Protranser, Fortegunner, and somethin i didnt mention earlier, im planning to building it for an Acrofighter (of course when it comes out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Tykwa
May 29, 2007, 04:56 PM
Shotguns are awesome.

I recommend having somthing with a aiming system for you wont be dead with flying enemies.

MSAksion
May 31, 2007, 07:50 PM
Status Effect is what I'm looking for in a gun and the Shotgun is lvl 2 always and Crossbow can be up to lvl 3 and you can carry a knife/saber.

1) For my 3-bolt STA3 Crossbow: Ice, Fire, and Virus.

- Virus Sta3 is LESS good - other rangers have Sta4 virus rifle/bow and traps anyway = Will be replaced with Ultimate Crossbow soon.
- Ice and Fire are awesome, as freeze always useful and BURN is immediate. Low Elemetal Percentage on Crossbow means you can do normal damage in any situation.
- Mobility means you can drop in, status, cut slash get out fairly quickly.

2) For My 5-bolt STA2 Shotguns: Lightning, Light, and the UPA Zodeel Acc/EVA down.

-Level 2 status shock and confuse land pretty easily on entire small monster squads.
-Low Elemental Percentages means you can use it on any element enemy and do pretty good damage too.
-Shotguns leave you very vulnerable esp if you want to pump all 5 shots for maximum damage. But the high damage in one shot justifies the risk.