PDA

View Full Version : PSU Database Suggestion.

Kinfante
May 28, 2007, 10:38 PM
I doubt this has been suggested for the Database for PSU. But.

Do you think it would be easier to list weapons (or any other item) that ARE available online, on the list? Instead of having to click on the Weapon to figure out that it's not available Online, cause I don't know all that is or not. So some sort of Icon (or something) put on the list next to the name to tell us that that item is still unavailable. Lol, does anyone understand anything Im saying?

Dhylec
May 29, 2007, 08:16 PM
As a rule of thumb, most S-ranks are not available online. That's why we note them so. Eventually, everything will be available, so the feature will become useless.

That doesn't mean it's not useful, just that the time used to implement such optional functions can be used for more important features, like making our big list of threads into actual guides, for example.

Ryna
May 31, 2007, 06:38 PM
I thought about adding an "online availibility" column to the main item listings. After thinking about it for a little while though, the issue is a little more complicated than one would think. A simple "yes/no" column would be insufficient to describe whether an item is available in online mode. For example, the Amy (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/7/910/amy/) statue is technically available in online mode, but only for XBox 360 players. Also, there is the problem of the items that will be available in Ambition of Illuminus. Extra "version" information would be needed to note which version of the game the item was available for in online mode. Consider the Magical Wand (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1605/magical_wand/). The data for it exists in the current client, but it looks like it will only be available in Ambition of Illuminus.

Kinfante
May 31, 2007, 07:41 PM
U could under each Item put what System and Version the Item is available on, kinda like the Old database.

Ryna
May 31, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-05-31 17:41, Kinfante wrote:
U could under each Item put what System and Version the Item is available on, kinda like the Old database.

The Item DB also includes information for Japanese-only weapons. So using the system you are proposing, a person could mark "Real Hand Spear" as a PC, online weapon. That would be true for the JP version, but not for the local version. The version approach also becomes fairly clunky with the introduction of additional expansions/systems.

Kinfante
May 31, 2007, 09:36 PM
ouch, point proven..

Zett_Segal
Jun 1, 2007, 04:35 AM
I don't want to make another thread, so feel free to delete this post if its wrong to put it here or whatever, but what is the board naming scheme? I noticed that 2-headed Ragnus is listed with a board by the same name, but the weapon synthed on the US PS2/PC version is [B] 2-headed Snake which becomes the 2-headed Ragnus weapon.

Ryna
Jun 1, 2007, 04:58 AM
On 2007-06-01 02:35, Zett_Segal wrote:
I don't want to make another thread, so feel free to delete this post if its wrong to put it here or whatever, but what is the board naming scheme? I noticed that 2-headed Ragnus is listed with a board by the same name, but the weapon synthed on the US PS2/PC version is [B] 2-headed Snake which becomes the 2-headed Ragnus weapon.

In the latest client update, the name of the item was fixed. It is now known as the [B] 2-headed Ragnus.

Kinfante
Jun 1, 2007, 10:44 AM
Taking over my topic my topic. Grrr. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif