PDA

View Full Version : HUnewearl vs HUcast?

Slade002
May 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
which has the better dmg potential? I have a HUney in the lv60s with s/d at lv20 but is HUcast still better at the same lv? (mags and items aside, or just assume they both have the same)

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2007, 12:37 PM
HUney and HUcast play quite differently. ;]

HUcast has straight up power, but HUney had techs and stuff.

Scales_of_Air
May 29, 2007, 01:10 PM
Better damage potential... HUcast. On a glance, highest ATP potential of any class, and will acquire it faster than HUney. Get S/D from MAG w/PB/Create and you're set. HUne and HUcast are matched as for the finest HU weapons, Lavis, Sange/Yasha, etc... HUne's advantage is her versatility.

Ithildin
May 29, 2007, 01:11 PM
Yeah, strange question that one... They are completely different characters... please be more specific!

Banish
May 29, 2007, 04:25 PM
Well...without Shifta or Deband, the Hunewearl isn't too good.

If just basic, the HUcast is better.

CellarDoor
May 29, 2007, 09:58 PM
HUcast completely owns the HU class. Get some good equips and there isn't anything that a HUcast can't solo easily. Probably my favorite class to play.

Slade002
Jun 1, 2007, 01:41 AM
ya, theres no question the HUcast's power is huge, the best power in the game is a straight fact. but what im wondering is, what if you take a HUcast and a HUne at the same level (lets say they're both 50) and unequip them of everything. would lv20 shifta give the HUne enough of a power boost to have more (if temporary) ATP then the Hucast? or is the HUcast STILL stronger...

Splash
Jun 1, 2007, 02:49 AM
Okay, let's take what you said and use LV50 as an example. Assuming nothing is equipped, no materials are used, and absolutely nothing influences the ATP in anyway:

HUney's (base) ATP at LV50: 312
HUcast's (base) ATP at LV50: 363

Using the damage calculator, with LV20 Shifta, HUney's ATP is:

312 ATP + LV20 Shifta = 420 ATP.

Since 420 ATP > 363 ATP, HUney is stronger than the HUcast, for a temporary moment while Shifta lasts.

Ketchup345
Jun 1, 2007, 02:35 PM
HUnewearl is capable of keeping Shifta up at all times, as well as being able to cast Zalure whenever felt necessary. HUcasts have to rely on their Mag, or the Sinow Red Blades (level 3 Shifta/Debands if I recall correctly) if they have them.

Slade002
Jun 4, 2007, 03:05 AM
huh,... If thats true, then one might say that the HUnewearl has the best ATP in the game, or at least the best ATP potential, Im mean, who doesnt use shifta with their HUnewearl? Mine basically never stops.

This just supports a longtime claim of mine that the HUney was the best hunter class, resta keeps you alive, and shifta keeps you killin, HUney's are definetly pro

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slade002 on 2007-06-04 01:07 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Jun 4, 2007, 06:59 AM
yea, i for one perfer humanz over botz, plus i like the shifta/deband and resta. but if you have a team of those two? oh god.......the blood...

Bezmor
Jun 4, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-06-01 00:49, Splash wrote:
Okay, let's take what you said and use LV50 as an example. Assuming nothing is equipped, no materials are used, and absolutely nothing influences the ATP in anyway:

HUney's (base) ATP at LV50: 312
HUcast's (base) ATP at LV50: 363

Using the damage calculator, with LV20 Shifta, HUney's ATP is:

312 ATP + LV20 Shifta = 420 ATP.

Since 420 ATP > 363 ATP, HUney is stronger than the HUcast, for a temporary moment while Shifta lasts.

sorry kinda off topic but can a lvl 50 HUney learn lvl 20 Shifta with out a mind mag and using all slots.
My 53-ish Huney has like 15 shifta but she has so little TP (no mind units) so its inifficient.

A bit on topic I say HUcast. Youll have a decent amount of ATP so using a confuse trap will get hem together and the sword deals enough damage to kill them all while there confused. Freeze traps will also work. Also i saw a HUcast he had a J Sword with 100 native (sphered) and he can wipe out Monsters in the forest in 1 combo. Hiting 5 guys and killing them all in one combo is just awsome. A HUney cant do that as easily. In a team with some one to use shifta on a HUcast the damage is enough. soloing with S reds isnt as much damage but still enough. Only thing a HUney has over a HUcast is ATA which can be fixed if you use sparts

Scales_of_Air
Jun 4, 2007, 08:22 AM
On 2007-06-04 01:05, Slade002 wrote:
huh,... If thats true, then one might say that the HUnewearl has the best ATP in the game, or at least the best ATP potential, Im mean, who doesnt use shifta with their HUnewearl? Mine basically never stops.

This just supports a longtime claim of mine that the HUney was the best hunter class, resta keeps you alive, and shifta keeps you killin, HUney's are definetly pro

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slade002 on 2007-06-04 01:07 ]</font>

No, it does not. Compare base 200 Stats. HUney has 835 ATP, plus a lv 20 cap on Shifta, which combines to a peak of 1124 ATP with no materials/slots/etc. HUcast, without Shifta and also without any materials/slots/etc, has a base ATP of 1146.

Lets say you max the ATP on both lv200 characters with mats and God/Power, to isolate the variable. Only ATP. In this case, HUney (w/Shifta) wins with 1666 over the HUcast 1639. In this case, one will have to compare individual characters, since the actual distribution of mats and eqipment is not often exclusively ATP with all the other factors to consider.

Neith
Jun 4, 2007, 08:34 AM
HUnewearl can solo far easier than any Hunter, heh. Lv20 Shifta/Zalure means you're dealing out incredible damage anyway. Lv20 Deband/Jellen, coupled with your insane DFP makes it so you're a total tank at high level. Lv20 Resta allows you to heal yourself for a respectable amount (600+ at least at high level). Lv7 Anti, so most status effects aren't a problem.

HUcast hits harder, but without support techs and Resta, it'll cost you more for sure.

Scales_of_Air
Jun 4, 2007, 08:39 AM
On 2007-06-04 06:34, UrikoBB3 wrote:
HUnewearl can solo far easier than any Hunter, heh. Lv20 Shifta/Zalure means you're dealing out incredible damage anyway. Lv20 Deband/Jellen, coupled with your insane DFP makes it so you're a total tank at high level. Lv20 Resta allows you to heal yourself for a respectable amount (600+ at least at high level). Lv7 Anti, so most status effects aren't a problem.

HUcast hits harder, but without support techs and Resta, it'll cost you more for sure.

That's true, I never included the J/Z casts. That 1666 just got better!

SStrikerR
Jun 5, 2007, 06:30 AM
i made a level 20 hunewearl for the heck of it, to compare with my hucast, (man that corruption did me in good. >_>) anyways, my hunew completly owns with level 2 s/d and j/z
since they dont last long yet i only use s/d, but once s/d j/z all hit 10, im usin em alllllll.

yea, hunew can solo best if you ask me, but if you want to put her in with a partner, or level a hucast, make multiplayer team, smack s/d on your hucast, and watch the bloodshed.

Slade002
Jun 5, 2007, 02:53 PM
True, I forgot that the stats dont go up equaly all the way to 200, good call Scales_of_air. lv200 Hucast does seem to beat Huney in atp, course Im sure everyone plans on maxing out their chars as best they can.

In my opinion tho, talking about the better char, another down side to Hucast is the healing, if you can dish out dmg, but have a limited amount you can take (in boss battles especially) its a bit of a weakness you cant do anything about. The mere fact that Huneys have mst opens up alot more potential for everything, dmg, def etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Slade002 on 2007-06-05 12:55 ]</font>