PDA

View Full Version : Haloid: Halo x Metroid crossover video

Sord
Jun 1, 2007, 01:09 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=57998

I did a search and was shocked to find no one had posted this video before. It's slow to start out (picks up at about 1:30, though a time isn't shown.) Trust me though, it's worth sitting through the opening creds. Stick around for after the end credits to, more stuff shows (kinda silly though)

check out the guys other stuff as well, especially his ROAD 3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2007-05-31 23:48 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Jun 1, 2007, 01:48 AM
The entire middle section of the film (from the moment the SPARTAN gets out of the Warthog until the bomb goes off near the end) is very fun to watch.

The music cues are kind of lame though. I wish it had music that wasn't ripped directly from The Matrix. >_>

DurakkenX
Jun 1, 2007, 01:51 AM
i posted it a while ago...

Sord
Jun 1, 2007, 02:33 AM
On 2007-05-31 23:51, DurakkenX wrote:
i posted it a while ago...

either your post was deleted, the search engine is wrong, you had little or no description of the movie (including it's name) when you posted it and as such a search of relevant key words won't bring it up, or you are mistaken.

After doing a forum search specifying you as the author and selecting the search engine to search in the message body and then again in the subject heading I have tried the following keywords.

"Haloid"
"Spartan"
"Metroid"
"Samus"
"Aran"
"Zero Suit"
and the link name itself

The only one that gave back any result was "Spartan" in which case you had may a quote in the "Gay Gay Gay" refering to the Spartans in the movies 300 being gay, and you also mention subsequent influential people in history being gay. If you were mistaken (and you may not be) then perhaps you confused that post with this video, posted the video on another forum but not this one, attempted to post it and failed for some reason, or that post was edited/deleted.

Please understand I am not stating any of this to undermine you or prove you wrong. I am doing it so that the thread is not considered a repeat and trashed or locked when it may not be.

DurakkenX
Jun 1, 2007, 02:37 AM
you're right... there is no description in it.

entitled - "watch this plebians"
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140597&forum=9

Sord
Jun 1, 2007, 02:52 AM
On 2007-06-01 00:37, DurakkenX wrote:
you're right... there is no description in it.

entitled - "watch this plebians"
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140597&forum=9

alright then, thanks, it appears I made an error in my search anyways (or the engine did.) I either didn't click the "Message Body" when i searched the link name or the engine barfed (in the past sometimes it would go for a really long time then return nothing.)

Either way, the mods can do whatever they please with the thread.

Kent
Jun 1, 2007, 11:42 AM
...And the video goes to just as :/ of an ending as it did before.

Some of the action was choreographed nicely, and it's not easy doing 3D animation on that scale, but... The ending is just bad, and subsequently worsened by the scene after the credits. Besides, there's no way in hell a SPARTAN would be that svelte in appearance once the armor's off - not to mention, she'd be probably about seven feet tall and a good bit more muscly than Chyna, too.

Omega_Weltall
Jun 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
I use the program he used to animate the figures. I had no idea Poser 6 could do that... I gotta get to work.

chaos89
Jun 4, 2007, 03:41 PM
samus will own halo any day >_<