PDA

View Full Version : (Possibly Good) News about PSOX on Xbox 360

Getintothegame
Jun 1, 2007, 04:13 PM
Today after finding my old PSOX Disc, I decided to pop it in and see what would happen.

After booting the console up and putting the disc in, it loaded to the white Xbox screen and told me that an update for the game to be backwards compatible was available. My heart raced and I clicked 'ok', and waited. It downloaded something, and after a couple seconds, the white Xbox screen popped up again and said that it wasn't currently backwards compatible.

However, after going back to the Xbox 360 main screen, I noticed that it was now labled in the disc tray as 'PSO'.

Kinda interesting, and thought I'd share it with you all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2007-06-01 14:15 ]</font>

zandra117
Jun 4, 2007, 11:52 PM
Its done that since the beginning. The download is actually just the xbox downloading the latest b/c patch to see if it can run the game, it doesnt mean that it will be backwards compatible. The xbox360 does that whenever you try to load an xbox game that hasn't been used in it before. For the disk tray saying the name it just read the title of the DVD and displayed it. Kind of like when you put a DVD into the CD drive of a computer that cannot load DVDs, you can see the name of the DVD listed in the drive but when you try to run it it fails.

SStrikerR
Jun 5, 2007, 06:18 AM
but then again, it might be..i dont have xbox, but it works on the wii, (of course, all the games do.) but even though st said that the graphics wouldnt be better on cube, the colors still seem slightly more.......vibrant.

Forbidden
Jun 5, 2007, 07:24 PM
I play mine on my Wii all the time xP.
They should remake PSO again, not PSU though.
Like the classes, the weapons, not these, i dont like these.
From Saber to Durandal, etc.
That would be heaven.