PDA

View Full Version : dislike for fortefighters?

Mystil
Jun 1, 2007, 07:15 PM
*ahem*

OK fighters(ff's in general) can be slow. Not our fault. Half of our PA's were nerfed and others aren't strong to begin with. Only way to really shine is through high percent weapons.

I can almost 'see' our future in PSU. It isn't a very nice one.

Realistically speaking, a dark cloud is coming over us. People are liking gunner types more and more. And it appears ST doesn't like fortefighters either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-06-01 17:17 ]</font>

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2007, 07:33 PM
I'm sad now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif .

Though it seems you are right. Almost every monster has some kind of melee resistance, some kind of screwed up close range attack(Dambarta), and Megid. Which really screws us over in terms of surviving.

DikkyRay
Jun 1, 2007, 08:03 PM
what i hate is when im using one of my PA's, and the fucking thing is blocked >.>
You dont see that happening to techs now....

Mystil
Jun 1, 2007, 09:30 PM
I hate going into a game on my fF and getting this vibe that I should get the hell out. And those who just up and leave a game with more than 1 fighter is a around isn't a good sign either.

Weeaboolits
Jun 1, 2007, 09:43 PM
fF's need MOARRR URANIUM! ;]

Zorafim
Jun 2, 2007, 12:27 AM
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137559&forum=22&328

I haven't even read half of that, but I'm still proud that I have a 22 page debate.

Skuda
Jun 2, 2007, 02:21 AM
I think the future of fortefighters is that of guarding the FOs and RAs... althought fighgunner and wartecher can do that just as good...

:<

MaximusLight
Jun 2, 2007, 02:45 AM
On 2007-06-02 00:21, Skuda wrote:
I think the future of fortefighters is that of guarding the FOs and RAs... althought fighgunner and wartecher can do that just as good...

You guys are forgetting that you can do alot more PA than use other fighters, I'm sure that comes in handy against anything.

Mystil
Jun 2, 2007, 07:23 AM
On 2007-06-01 22:27, Zorafim wrote:
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=137559&forum=22&328

I haven't even read half of that, but I'm still proud that I have a 22 page debate.

I read it, posted in it and I don't doubt any of it.

And guarding people in PSU is non existent. Damage just goes through you.

amtalx
Jun 2, 2007, 10:51 AM
I like having fighters in my group. Would I rather have more gunners than fighters...yes, but I still need someone to take the aggro off me. Hunters do that while still doing decent damage. If I pull to much aggro I'm to busy fumbling for a mate to deal damage.

Sychosis
Jun 2, 2007, 10:52 AM
Eh? I'm hitting for 300-800 per hit with 14% weapons at level 43. I'm rapidly approaching the point where I out damage my level 80, Female Newman FT. Unless there is some drastic turn in the higher levels, I'm gearing up to be an absolute damage monster.

On 2007-06-01 18:03, DikkyRay wrote:
what i hate is when im using one of my PA's, and the fucking thing is blocked >.>

Uh, yeah you do. Ever use a dam-tech? Megiverse? Not to mention its rather hard to continue casting when you are flying across the room when you *do* get hit.

EphekZ
Jun 3, 2007, 12:05 AM
I don't mind having them in my party, it's just that I've never seen one that I thought really helped.
In the end it's just opinion. Blow em off and keep goin'.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 3, 2007, 06:44 AM
Remember that this game is full of h4x0rs, and the haxeta benefits Rangers most since they can buy more traps and such. Also, the grinding system in AoI is gonna benefit Hunters more than Rangers since Hunters would be less afraid of breaking their high % weapon, increasing the ATP of melee weapons would also be awesome, so would stripping some non-fighter classes of their availability to spears and restrict them to Sabers onry. It would be awesome if there was a higher chance of getting 50% weapons.

MrNomad
Jun 4, 2007, 12:53 AM
lol some advice: You shouldnt take most opinions too seriously. FF's dont have the luxury of spamming bullets from afar, but they do have excellent ATP and can hit multiple targets for lots of dmg, making them one of the strongest classes in the game. Can a gunner say that? nah, they just have SE bullets, which from wat i remember is worthless anyway. IMO ranger was and still is the worst off of classes, but then they dont hafta fight until they wasted their puny bullets and hafta resort to sabers =P

Jakosifer
Jun 6, 2007, 07:16 AM
On 2007-06-02 00:21, Skuda wrote:

...But you're a tank class, Figh/WT cant take as many hits as you. ^_^ (well....probly more TECH hits but uhh..yea..)

PLUS you guys have better PP usage in the melee department, and do highest physical damage in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SolomonGrundy
Jun 7, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-06-01 19:30, Mystil wrote:
I hate going into a game on my fF and getting this vibe that I should get the hell out. And those who just up and leave a game with more than 1 fighter is a around isn't a good sign either.

Wow...you get that too? If I'm doing labs or the first fire break mission on Parum, or the moatoob one, or Rainbow Beast S2, or Desert Goliath, or Grove of Fanatics or SEED Awakened, or Endrum Remnants, or Demons above, or Forest Infiltration I get the distinct impression that there is a collective *sigh* going on in the background. Like I am more dead weight than helpful.

but hey, there is always Mad Creatures and Plain's overlord S, right? Just hope there are not too many Birds.

Need any Par Wood? :-/

Esufer
Jun 7, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-06-01 17:15, Mystil wrote:
*ahem*

OK fighters(ff's in general) can be slow. Not our fault. Half of our PA's were nerfed and others aren't strong to begin with. Only way to really shine is through high percent weapons.

I can almost 'see' our future in PSU. It isn't a very nice one.

Realistically speaking, a dark cloud is coming over us. People are liking gunner types more and more. And it appears ST doesn't like fortefighters either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mystil on 2007-06-01 17:17 ]</font>

I chose to use swords almost exclusively, and I find myself quite valued in a party.

Even though I'm lower level than some of the people I play with, I'm often expected to go toe-to-toe with some of the bigger multi-part enemies, as spinning break etc does WAY more damage than the individually stronger Diga or Foie may do.

The role isn't that bad, just as a Fortefighter, when all the other classes are running about taking down the little people, you have bigger fish to fry. =]

Soukosa
Jun 7, 2007, 09:28 PM
On 2007-06-01 17:15, Mystil wrote:
Half of our PA's were nerfed and others aren't strong to begin with.

Last I checked you had more than 4 PAs available to you. Just because Renkai Noobyan and Dus Noobdus got the nerfing they deserved doesn't mean half of them go the nerf stick. In fact, some were actually buffed in that same update.

On 2007-06-01 17:33, VanHalen wrote:
Though it seems you are right. Almost every monster has some kind of melee resistance

There's far more gun resistant enemies in this game than the other type two types. They also tend to be the larger enemies with a crap load of HP. Don't think you have much room to complain there.

On 2007-06-01 17:33, VanHalen wrote:
some kind of screwed up close range attack(Dambarta), and Megid. Which really screws us over in terms of surviving.

You can always... y'know, move back around to the other side of the enemy or actually make use of your ability to move back from it while staying locked on.

On 2007-06-01 18:03, DikkyRay wrote:

Don't spam PAs needlessly? Don't stand there in front of the enemy so it can constantly interupt you? Unless enemies attack 20 times faster in the higher levels, you shouldn't be having this issue if you put effort into it and built up skill in using skills effectively. And as has already been stated, techs not only suffer from this as well but with the stronger and/or higher level techs, it's far worse since they can have a pretty decent cast time to them, giving enemies plenty of time to interupt it. Sure you can get a Har / Quick to help that out but casts on many things will still be long and it's not like C rank De Ragan drops it either.

On 2007-06-03 04:44, Shiroryuu wrote:
Remember that this game is full of h4x0rs, and the haxeta benefits Rangers most since they can buy more traps and such.

Been in Japan for too long have we? There isn't necessarily any hacks left in the game and most of the haxeta is gone. You also don't seem to be very knowledgable of gunners either, since they hardly do anything like spam traps.

On 2007-06-03 04:44, Shiroryuu wrote:
Also, the grinding system in AoI is gonna benefit Hunters more than Rangers since Hunters would be less afraid of breaking their high % weapon, increasing the ATP of melee weapons would also be awesome, so would stripping some non-fighter classes of their availability to spears and restrict them to Sabers onry. It would be awesome if there was a higher chance of getting 50% weapons.

I guess you aren't too good with fighters either, eh? Melee weapons have the highest ATP in the game, they don't need to boosted anymore. Why take away spears from the non-fighter classes? Is that all what you use on yours? If so, then I can really see why you would be wanting an increase on stuff like that.

General rule of thumb is that anyone complaining that their class sucks most likely sucks at it themselves. I think many of the posts in this thread prove that.

Mystil
Jun 8, 2007, 09:07 AM
Uh..

Last I checked you had more than 4 PAs available to you. Just because Renkai Noobyan and Dus Noobdus got the nerfing they deserved doesn't mean half of them go the nerf stick. In fact, some were actually buffed in that same update.
All fighgunner ONLY PA's are stronger than Fortefighters, except axe...

I wasn't one of the renkai spammers and daggas isn't that bad.

145-180%(but should I count Rising Crush?) is weak... :/ Bogga Danga is 150%(WITHOUT A "boost") I think tornado break got a PP REDUCTION BUT NO PERCENT BOOST. I certainly do not suck at fortefighter, but I do not have 50% weapons if that is what you consider a fighter sucking at being a fighter...but what the fuck will you care, you'd kill yourself before playing a game with me to see for yourself, or with anyone else who posted in this thread. I love your style of assholism though.

Anyway... nieghsayers can think and assume and label fighters all they want. Fortefighters are the red headed stepchild of PSU period.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 8, 2007, 02:22 PM
I would even go THAT far, just that currently, high DFP is the most meaning-less stat, and fFs are the ONLY class with access to SE3

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 8, 2007, 08:13 PM
Actually Sou, that last comment by me you quoted was mostly so low ATP races can catch up to high ATP races at least a bit, which may get them to think "OMG HUNTER!! *boot*" Actually though, I don't really mind being a Hunter in an anti-Hunter world, I just don't want people to see us as undervalued. I don't see myself as undervalued at all, and I enjoy being a Fighter much more than being a Gunner. I'll tell you this though, I DON'T know much of being a Gunner, so yeah, you can bring the house down on me for that. I'll agree w/ everything else you say though.

Oh, and Van, I love it when I encounter a Kamatoze or a Carriguine or Drua Gohra cuz they're so easy for us Hunters, and its just plain fun to use PAs on these grunts. The attacks that may seem dangerous, well at least they aren't megid for the most part, they don't dig into the ground and pop out, and they don't fly, so they aren't too bad. The only one that is annoying is the Goldova when he starts running all over the place like the wuss that he is. Other than that, the only monsters that really give me problems are birds, worms, gaozorans, and anything that casts megid.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-06-08 18:20 ]</font>