PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 3 Disconnect Problems - 1.8 Firmware

FUFME
Jun 1, 2007, 10:17 PM
I am sick and tired of hearing stupid replies by 15yo's on the official forum regarding this topic.

Does anyone have a Playstaion 3, Upgraded to 1.8 firmware, and having issues?

-----
I never had issues downloading or the Sony Store. But for Phantasy Star Universe I am having issues along with others who use this game too. - It's a PS2 game.

I have totally pin ponted this 1.8 Issue to the Network Adapter. I should try and Ping my PS3 next time this happens but I have tried this so far

- Re Connect and get DNS and other error message
- Return to main PS2 game menu (Phantasy Star Universe) and try to connect and get DNS errors again
- My router is perfectly working OK when this happens and even power on/off and reseat CAT-5 cables and still get this DNS error.

- The only fix is to quick game and go back to PS3 Main Menu and re-launch the game, then Im able to Connect.
I dont have to reboot the PS3, I just have to go back to main Menu of PS3.

It's definatly something in 1.8 Firmware, I was going to say maybe it's something with PS2 games, but I see others having issues with Resistance and other PS3 games.

I have played with DNS setting on PS3. Used my router as the DNS and used my ISP DNS

- I have Port Forwarding setup
- Media Server/Service is disabled
- DMZ is assigned to the PS3...yadda yadda

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FUFME on 2007-06-01 20:18 ]</font>

epr18
Jun 11, 2007, 09:38 PM
hey fuf yea im getting the same problem too its gotta be the firmware upgrade cant think of anyway to fix it except wait for next update

FUFME
Jun 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
Ive heard of people having issues with Resistance, but I dont have that game. Call of Duty does not seem to be affected- as I have not DC and played a ton...

I guess I'll have to wait it out and wondering if anyone else having issues. I poted on the Sega forum but go no replies so wondering what was up.

Sucks everything is fine and dandy, then you transfer to B2/B3 or start a map and find out you DC from the game.

epr18
Jun 11, 2007, 10:13 PM
yep happen to me a couple times during jao hunts ><

epr18
Jun 15, 2007, 02:01 PM
you can download the next update today hopefully that will fix it