PDA

View Full Version : telepipe trick question

Infinite
Dec 15, 2002, 11:15 AM
Say I'm in a room full of Ob Lillies and I'm trying to do the tp trick. If I accidently hit the lot of them with a gifoie is there still a chance for me to get a Mil Lilly?

Raist
Dec 15, 2002, 11:21 AM
nope, i believe once you do damage to them they dont reset anymore

Ness
Dec 15, 2002, 11:29 AM
I'm still confused about the whole telepipe trick thing. Are you saying that the monsters reset everytime you go through a telepipe?

Infinite
Dec 15, 2002, 11:48 AM
Raist> Darn. Well, thanks for the reply!

Ness> Everytime you go down a telepipe the monsters reset and the game counts it as a new encounter. When you do it for a group of the same monsters who have a rare version, the rappies in fake in yellow for example, you dramatically increase your chance of finding a rare version. It takes forvever but it works.

*edited for typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Infinite on 2002-12-15 08:49 ]</font>

Ness
Dec 15, 2002, 11:58 AM
On 2002-12-15 08:48, Infinite wrote:
Raist> Darn. Well, thanks for the reply!

Ness> Everytime you go down a telepipe the monsters reset and the game counts it as a new encounter. When you do it for a group of the same monsters who have a rare version, the rappies in fake in yellow for example, you dramatically increase your chance of finding a rare version. It takes forvever but it works.

*edited for typo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Infinite on 2002-12-15 08:49 ]</font>

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go use it right now.

SELENNA
Dec 15, 2002, 12:39 PM
I saw much pal rappies and they didn't gave me nothing good but meseta :@

i want the real agito!(pinkal)

lol;)

VulpesMundi
Dec 16, 2002, 12:25 AM
There's a couple exceptions to the resetting rule.

First off there are some critters that just won't reset no matter what (typically happens to various Hildebears/Hildelts). If you return to a room from Pioneer 2 and the critters are already in the room, then they didn't reset. If they rise out of the floor, warp, fall, or jump in then they did reset.

As far as I can tell, ALL critters reset when you're doing quests. I'm not sure why this is, but I observed it more than once. I lost a Mil Lily I had damaged and got a Pouilly Slime out of a Pofuilly Slime (without duplicating) that I had damaged as well. Both of these occurred on separate runs thru Addicting Food, though. I haven't tested other quests to see if the outcome is the same.

Raist
Dec 16, 2002, 10:11 PM
hmmm, come to think of it, when i was playing the heat sword quest i was trying the tp trick on the room with like 5 or so rappies, after about 150 tries i just hit them all with some spell and went back to town, when i came back they still all dropped from the sky...most curious