PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good first person shooter

BlueDagger
Jun 3, 2007, 02:53 AM
Okay, I'm looking for a good first person shooter, but..

Its gotta' be for the PC.

I need some sort of multiplayer... against the computer/NPCs.

I'd like to be able to make my own levels/content for the above-mentioned multiplayer against the computer.

I really just want a very casual game that I can play whenever, nothing that would cause me too much commitment.

All your suggestions are belong to me!

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 3, 2007, 02:57 AM
Counter Strike, Halo, Battlefield, halflife.

foamcup
Jun 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
Half-Life 2

Kent
Jun 3, 2007, 10:51 AM
The only one of those that Shadowrun doesn't meet (that I know of) is custom content creation.

It's like Counter-Strike, but better in every conceivable fashion... With the exception of being able to make your own levels for it.

-Crokar-
Jun 3, 2007, 11:47 AM
and it cross platforms pc and 360 which is always a plus

ABDUR101
Jun 3, 2007, 11:49 AM
FarCry is probably being given away by now; it was a decent ok game. I myself enjoyed one-shotting(ala headshots) mercs across a long stretch of beach with my armaments. Nothing says loving like a DE-headshot at long-range. (And let me add that I was pissed to find that ability GONE in the Xbox and 360 releases, your fucking bullets disappear at a certain distance. Being able to make your own multiplayer maps on the Xbox and so on was awesome, but trying to make a map suited for long-range shooting, being able to clearly see your target, and you unload clips at him and the dood next to you just starts bursting out laughing and points out that your shots are stopping about 30ft infront of him)

Kent
Jun 3, 2007, 02:37 PM
On 2007-06-03 09:47, -Crokar- wrote:
and it cross platforms pc and 360 which is always a plus

Interestingly enough, I've played with Vista users on the game... And I really couldn't tell the difference between them and the 360 players, as far as acuity goes. It seems to me, that they did a pretty nice job with blurring the lines between the platforms, with neither really having an edge over the other.