PDA

View Full Version : Crossbow question...

StanleyPain
Jun 3, 2007, 02:54 AM
When crossbow bullet arts gain second and third bullets, does that mean they TARGET multiple enemies like a shotgun or that they launch 2/3 bullets at a single target in one shot?

ashley50
Jun 3, 2007, 02:56 AM
all crossbow bullets gain 2 or 3 bullets per shot. It's just the Class that makes it different.
GunTecher and ForteGunner can have 3 Bullets per shot at lv21

FighGunner caps at lv20...

Not sure about the Ultimate Crossbow PA though...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2007-06-03 00:56 ]</font>

Ether
Jun 3, 2007, 03:06 AM
It works like a shotgun, not a card. Targets multiple enemies

Eleina
Jun 3, 2007, 04:05 AM
Xbow owns you can't go wrong with it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Like a shotgun but you conserve mobility so it's perfect for going in close range

R2D6battlebot
Jun 3, 2007, 06:44 AM
Yes it spreads out the shots, making it the best spread weapon in the game, considering you can strafe with it, it shoots twice as fast as shotgun, gets SE3, and outdamages shotgun bullet for bullet. In other words, shotty shoots 5 bullets for 200 damage each in 1 second, crossbow shoots 6 bullets for 300 damage each in 1 second, plus strafing and SE3. Granted though, until lv21 they suck pretty bad.

vav
Jun 3, 2007, 06:57 AM
Actually im doing 330 damage a bullet now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but yea they own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

amtalx
Jun 3, 2007, 09:14 AM
Xbows and Shotguns have different applications. The DPS difference between them is pretty negligible, but Xbow has a slight edge as far as I know. You gain mobility with the Xbow so its good for approaching mobs to dodge Barta and projectiles like that. However you can double shot with the Shotgun if you are positioned correctly. If you do, all 5 bullets will hit 2 targets which totals about 3200 damage for me personally. In this scenario you will far outdamage the Xbow. Just keep in mind that these are both situational weapons and they both have equally useful applications.

MSAksion
Jun 4, 2007, 02:01 AM
If you're a ForteGunner use the Shotgun for insane Damage Potential - Shotgun lvl 2 status on entire squads is usually good enough.

If you're a Guntecher then Status is the most important thing to land - so a Crossbow would be best with lvl 3 status then let the team rip into them.

amtalx
Jun 4, 2007, 12:21 PM
I'd recommend getting both actually. There are few things more satisfying than approaching a small mob with a Xbow while inflicting Shock, only to double-shot them to death with a shotgun.

Akaimizu
Jun 4, 2007, 12:24 PM
I haven't gotten up to that 300 per bullet yet. They are level 21+ but I guess I need a combination of more raw ATP and a higher ranking Xbow to do it.

SolomonGrundy
Jun 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
300 probably requires solid power S. I have a 67 Cast Fortgunner, w level 24 dark shot, and it's not at 300/bullet (vs light enemies).

Niloklives
Jun 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
female human GT with xbow bullets at 24-26. usually do about 260-300 depending on enemy defense...you'll get there...trust me