PDA

View Full Version : Tips on deck building for Pokemon, etc ?

Treillerti
Jun 4, 2007, 12:09 AM
I noticed the popularity of TCG topics here. . so I was hoping to maybe find some help for my 3 fav TCG/CCG's in order to start playing these games again. Pokemon, DBZ/GT, and Yu-Gi-Oh ! I've started organizing my cards, and though I have decks, they weren't built by me, but people who helped me since I can't seem to figure it quite out. If anyone has a guide/tips, I'd be much obliged. Thank you.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2007, 12:23 AM
I stopped playing the Pokemon TCG some time ago. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: Also, what TCG topics?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2007-06-03 22:24 ]</font>

Sayara
Jun 4, 2007, 10:01 AM
Trading Card Game.

The trick to any TCG that involves battling is to
Slow down your opponnent's progress/Deal damage/Empty their deck (which happens quickly in Pokemon)

Google up "Hay Fever" and get ideas from that.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 10:02 AM
he didn't ask what is a TCG, but what is he talking about when he says "I noticed the popularity of TCG topics here." there are none.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2007, 10:13 AM
On 2007-06-04 08:02, DurakkenX wrote:
he didn't ask what is a TCG, but what is he talking about when he says "I noticed the popularity of TCG topics here." there are none.Bingo. ;]

Anyway, I'd love to help with your pokemon deck, but I haven't played it for a long time (I quit around the time Neo Genesis came out, but kept collecting the cards for a while anyway).

washuguy
Jun 4, 2007, 10:21 AM
Stick to one type, thats what I did.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2007, 01:32 PM
Well, you should try to have multiple types, but pay attention to the energy cards they use, there're a lot of pokes of different types that use colorless, and that helps. ;]

Kent
Jun 4, 2007, 01:49 PM
Two original-series Mewtwos, 58 Psychic energies.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
Yeah, use cards from the Base set, they're really powerful. ;]

Kent
Jun 4, 2007, 02:04 PM
http://www.pazsaz.com/pokemon/pic/card10.jpg

No, seriously.

Weeaboolits
Jun 4, 2007, 02:06 PM
I liked the movie promo Mewtwo better. ;]

Kent
Jun 4, 2007, 02:12 PM
Koga has some really good cards, too. Lots of nasty status effects, which, when employed strategically, can disable the entire opposing team.

DurakkenX
Jun 4, 2007, 05:01 PM
it's recommended that you stick to 2 types...but if you balance right you can have great decks of 4 types...Since I don't know anything about the current level of Pokemon TCG I wouldn't be able to help you.