PDA

View Full Version : Racast?

burning_card
Jun 4, 2007, 03:16 PM
Does he get any better? I'm in ults at lvl 47 and i'm barely able to handle forest. Every other character (even my FOmar) can melee or handle themselves in forest at this level but he's just weak. Does he get any better or does he always have to depend on S&D? The onl weapon i'm able to deal out damage with is the delsaber's buster when i have the sheils, w/o the sheild it's useless.

pso-dude
Jun 4, 2007, 03:27 PM
get a good rifle ( like a yasminkow 3000r) and lvl some more, once in the lvls 100 and more,you will start to gain 2dfp/lvl and 4 atp/lvl until lvl 200.

burning_card
Jun 4, 2007, 03:29 PM
My problem really isn't the ATP, i can correct that with power mats and god units, but it's the DFP i'm worried about. LVL 100 is kind of high to be starting to gain anything good. My HUcaseal is a lower level and she'sable to handle ults caves better then he handles a fake in ellow mission.

How's his knock down? What i mean is what level does he really stand out to show his HP and DFP abilities?

pso-dude
Jun 4, 2007, 03:50 PM
before i got mine corrupted, in ult id say about lvl 95-110, or once you can equip any good armor, i was having a 4slot guard wave when i had my racast i was lvl 139 in ult ruins,kicking a**.

burning_card
Jun 4, 2007, 04:00 PM
Is the panzer faust worth hunting or does it need to be the iron faust to be any good?

Banish
Jun 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
I would say Iron Faust...It is much better, but the lack of combo makes up for it's power.

SStrikerR
Jun 4, 2007, 06:20 PM
my friend's Racast didnt show ANYTHING good dfp wise till around 60. by that time,nothing could hurt him in V.Hard, and he didn even use that many mats and his mage was basically pow/dex. He's level 70 now, and in battle mode, the only thing i can hurt him with is grants, and that only takes him halfway down. his pow is close to the pow or humars, making it the most powerful class next to the hunters themselves.

burning_card
Jun 5, 2007, 03:09 PM
I took a RAmar for the momment. it won't take me but a day or two to get into ults again to his leel so i can see if the RAmar is better. Personally i dislike the RAcast's ATA overall, and in ults his DFP is shit...nice HP and ATP though.

PSOgamer17
Jun 6, 2007, 11:32 AM
hey the racast is mainly built for mech usage/ shot useage as his high atp gives away. i would hunt ther yasis(mech gun version) and the flame visit and considering that multi ult. is a lvl. 80 minimum, you shouldn't be surprised that a lvl 47 racasr sucs in ultimate. and by the way what weapons / units doese he have?

burning_card
Jun 6, 2007, 02:44 PM
Lol, well my lvl 40 RAmar just got into ults, i'm blowing through caves pretty well right now with the same mag, units, and weapons. I think the RAmar is built better, androids are only good in the hunter class.

He was using:

Final Impact
L&K14 Combat (hit 40%)
Dragon Frame
God Arm
God HP x2
God Body
Rati 5/135/60/0

My RAmar is using the same things. The RAmar is cool, i wish i had traps in certain situations but he's able to fight things off better, and the ability to use resta (limited as it may be) is nice, plus the lvl 15 techs are useful sometimes when i need them, but useless on a RAmar for damage. I was working toward the Frozen Shooter i had in the bank but i just wasn't liking the character. My RAmar is using it right now, pretty low level for it.

Besides, all my other characters are in ult ruins and all are under lvl 80. (Closest one is my FOmar at lvl 79) haven't been playing these characters too long but i have a lot of stuff for them. Even my HUcaseal is in ruins and she's lvl 64, got through caves easily at a lower level then the RAcast was.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burning_card on 2007-06-06 12:55 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Jun 6, 2007, 08:05 PM
well, ramar is good for awhile, but a racast 150+ is something your going to regret not having......

burning_card
Jun 7, 2007, 03:48 PM
Probably but the ATA makes me happy. I'm not sure how much the S parts make up for though. My only problem with the RAcast is the fact that he can't handle Ults at a low level even with god power equipment. I may make one another time but i'm going to use the RAmar to get a few early things.

SStrikerR
Jun 7, 2007, 08:58 PM
dude, let me at least ask, did your racast have a shotty? cause if you did, ur insane to get rid of the racast, if you didnt, geez. and yes, a racast can handle ults if you use what your supposed to use. GUNS. as in, not in ememies face so- they -can- wail -on -you-guns. 1:try mechguns for quick kills, try shots to kill more than one enemy, up to 60, and plus, a few Ids can get you a frozen shooty against a hildetorr on ult, 1/2. as in, basically, u freeze everytime. im pretty sure the Ids are whitll, greennill, and yellowboze.with one of them....holy crap they're good.

amtalx
Jun 8, 2007, 01:17 PM
I have a RAcast at 188 and I love him more than all my other chars put together. My main weapon is a Baranz Launcher and then a Yas 7000 and 9000 for situations where a Baranz isn't appropriate.

otana_uk
Jun 9, 2007, 04:02 PM
Yeah for my RAcast I'm using a SpreadNeedle/GodBattle combo. It's pretty leathal.

You've gotta remember that RAcasts are tanks. They have THE highest HP in the game, and at Lvl 100+ it will regenerate faster than you can count :]

SStrikerR
Jun 9, 2007, 09:10 PM
yea, u need 3 things:
1:spread needle
2:frozen shooty
3:Guld Milla if you think you're lucky enough to find it.

NastyNate
Jun 10, 2007, 05:48 PM
I'm in a similar situation with my RAcast, getting owned in ult at lvl46. Frozen Shooter makes it easy though, it's almost unfair.

SStrikerR
Jun 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
yea, with frozen shooty, u freeze em all, pull out a shot, and destroy them all without even a scratch, or u dont have frozen shooty and u get trapped and u whip out either 1: ice traps, or 2:guld milla and blast a hole out.

also if you manage to find one, a stag cutlery,twin brand,s rank twin may help...

burning_card
Jun 11, 2007, 05:03 PM
Lol, it seems i just don't use him right. I has a final impact, i used about 30 ATP materials on him, i even had a god power on him at that level. I was using an L&K 14 with hit, and the final impact had 50% hit on it. He got beat up too easily and he just wasn't too strong untill m&y.

My RAmar on the other had (i hate him because he looks stupid sometimes, thought the RAcast looked pimp) hes at lvl 52 right now killing things in mines. Hes got the SAME equipment as the cast did. Only difference is i added a god body and took off the god power. I havent ues materials on him, but the S&D 15 makes him strong and he handles hit well. It's kind of odd that with the same equipment the RAmar is better, even though he has to fight everything himself without traps. The RAcast had trouble getting through forest at a higher level then i did when i got into mines.

SStrikerR
Jun 12, 2007, 07:36 PM
u just need better gear. the gear ur talking about is stuff my friend used on HARD. XD. try and recreate ur racast AND try to find gear we talked about. use the item database to see where to find them.

weapons u need and their specials

GULD MILLA-GUSH, steals a lot of hp, awesome against falz 3rd form.
FROZEN SHOOTER-FREEZES 99% of the time.
SPREAD NEEDLE-hmmmm, not sure, but insanely good.
STAG CUTLERY-confusion, not great, but u need a melee weapon and its great.

burning_card
Jun 13, 2007, 04:34 PM
Well that's the thing that i'm havinh trouble with. If the gear sucks then why is my RAmar doing well with the same stuff? I have the FS and such but my cast couldn't use it till 52, but that's not a bad level for the FS either. It made things easier but without S&D the guy sucked. I had the Stag too but i'm big on not going melee with a ranger untill i can kill with the ranged weapons (way too dangerous at low levels, great fun later though)

Only saving grace with the RAcast is the bonus to the spread needle, nd that's friggen awesome...guess i should get myself one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burning_card on 2007-06-13 14:36 ]</font>

Pain_is_Livin
Jun 14, 2007, 12:21 AM
better melee weaponz.....S&D help lots....hope you mag has it

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pain_is_Livin on 2007-06-13 22:23 ]</font>

otana_uk
Jun 14, 2007, 12:25 PM
On 2007-06-13 14:34, burning_card wrote:Only saving grace with the RAcast is the bonus to the spread needle, and that's friggen awesome...

Whoa what's this? What kind of bonus?

PS: As pso-dude said, I think using a RAcast really pays off at higher levels (100+). It's up to you wether you have the paitience for that.

burning_card
Jun 14, 2007, 04:01 PM
yeah my mag had it but it ust never helpe me enough. I suppose i need to hear the other side to RAmar users and not just from RAcast users. I didn't like the cast too much but it's like my HUcaseal. She sucked at first but she's one of my best characters, between the traps and power, i figured the cast would have the long term...then again the RAmar is a very strong character.

As far as i know the Casts get a bonus to the special that the spread needle has.

SStrikerR
Jun 15, 2007, 12:58 PM
well, ive been a ramar but deleted him long ago, he only got to bout maybe lv 80. he had techs, sure, but they sucked ballz, humars are better at techs than them >_>.

no traps=boooooooooo.

lower power then racast=annoying to kill high hp enemies. advantages= none really......

oh yea racast=regenerate hp insanely fast 100+ and at 150+ jesus i cant count THAT fast. it could go from 1500-2000 bout 100 times by the time i counted all those numbers. =]

edit: maybe u hated racasts def, am i right?

get these 2 things:

standstill shield, equippable at like 125.
electro frame, not sure.

awesome defence crap.

electro frame:whitll, 1/2 love rappy, ult
standstill shield: viridia, (me woot) 1/2 mill lily ult.

both in temple. =]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2007-06-15 11:01 ]</font>

burning_card
Jun 15, 2007, 04:03 PM
Okay maybe i'll try tht out. I have my RAmar in Ults ut i haven' touched him since i got in, playing my FOmar, FOmarl and my HUcaseal. I'll see what i can do with an electro frame and slap it on my HUcaseal to test it out before i make a RAcast.

The only thing about the RAmar is yeah he's a bit weaker, but a RAmar will be stronger then him with solo with the S&D he gets. When the mag blast goes off then the RAmar gets the shaft, but it takes a second to get that. The HP regen soundsn ice though, and traps are useful. The ATA difference is all i REALLy hate. The RAcast has my HUcaseals ATA in growth and in final, well a bit higher but still low for a ranger. I love the RAmar because he never misses.

Do S-Parts boost past max? I know it gives pretty much a god arm, but does it max him to boost him past max?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burning_card on 2007-06-15 14:15 ]</font>

Banish
Jun 15, 2007, 05:42 PM
My RAcast owns a LUMINOUS FIELD...It has superb DEF while taking 1 HP each wave.

burning_card
Jun 15, 2007, 06:49 PM
Okay, but do S-Parts (it's a sheild i believe, right?) does it boost ata PAST max? Or does it act like a god arm and only boosts it to max?