PDA

View Full Version : Tekker Chat

DCKaz
Feb 26, 2001, 06:40 PM
Not sure if people have come across all this, so I thought I'd give a blurb on what I've found/come up with/still working on.

Tekkers - all of them can get the best 'rating' for a weapon.. just all of them aren't equally as capable getting there. Given an infinitie amount of meseta and patience, they're all the same. Note SPECIAL weapons will be nailed right off.. I'm going to talk more about ?? ones first.

Basically I disregard the + on a weapon. One can grind in the end to their hearts content.. I'm not even sure what's the buzz about trigrinders.. AFAIK there's a max plus on a weapon, not a max amount of 'grinds' applied (someone fill me in if I'm wrong here, and give me a break if so, I'm a force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif). If it's a max amount of grinds, well then obviously trigrinds have a place.. otherwise just get 3 monos when you're grinding away.

Back to the main thread though, after a weapon is identified.. if you've hit the best 'form' (highest # of stars) you'll get the little extra music.. like you just got a quest piece done. You vary the percents, and if you know the prefixes you can know what to strive for.

So far I've seen many with 3 levels, maybe they all have that or more. Here's some in the same chain to get you started with what I mean..

Bind/Hold, Masters/Lord, Riot/Havok, Heart/Mind, Dim/Hell, Ice/Frost, Fire/Flame..

I hope to come up with all the types and all 3 (or more?) in the chain in order.. and suggested percentages. Using this, when you see 'heart saber', refusing it and keeping up the effort can very likely yield you a mind saber. Depending on where you got an item and the prefix order and what you get on your first try, you can pratically determine what the weapon prefix should be.

Most likely you already have a feel for what your tekker 'gives you the music for' often. But in the end it's just a meseta cost to get it from any. Playing another's started multiplayer gives a different looking tekker with a different specialty. But the same rule applies.

The biggest thing is.. if you don't care for the weapon for yourself, for another, or for a 'twink'.. often it's not worth your time to get the best rating for it. Just do it once and sell it. Higher level items this rule might change a little, but getting the best rating outside their specialty can be 300-500-800 Meseta later. A small drop in the bucket at high levels true, but also a time waster and you'll likely not make much more on it if you do if you're simply selling it. By all means if you're interested in the weapon, spend some money though.. get the best.

Always note as long as you disagree with the consensus but agree to pay, you can keep trying. Once you even disagree to pay though.. you'll still pay and are all done. Watch the questions and answers if you want the best item revealed for it.

Now back to Special.. many have pre-ordained stats and end in caps. However I've gotten a Hell Disca (or something like it.. oddly enough the name of the weapon beats the censors but relaying the name to others doesn't lol).. Hell I think is in the Dim line, so those percentages might apply there too. Experiment away even with Specials if you don't like it's photon charge (% vs monster types) - you're not going to lose the name in caps. And for the Special but not rare (like my Hell Disca I'm guessing) you possibly can go further. If you tag something great right off though, you might just want to keep it betting that it's the highest. Still, if it's that great, you can probably get back to it for a few K of meseta and time if you really want to work your options http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

If you don't notice it changing.. it might simply not change much.

On a final note.. sometimes you might want a lower effect.. for example I think some attach themselves only to a special attack, while others are a add-on effect. It's almost *always* more useful to be an add-on effect, for any class.. but there are exceptions there too.. or the plain fact you'll only find it on a special. Where the custom bar only has 6 slots though, keep in mind, particularly for forces, you often won't be lined up with multiple melee/range attack styles, being geared up with potions and/or spells.

Cheers,
DCKaz
Terra Prime 48 FOmarl

Zephyr
Feb 26, 2001, 07:21 PM
This is paraphrased from the versus PSO guide... I'm leaving all the more detailed info out since I don't want to plagurize them completely http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_eek.gif

Heat/Fire/Flame/Burning
Shock/Thunder/Storm/Tempest
Ice/Frost/Freeze/Blizzard
Bind/Hold/Seize/Arrest
Panic/Riot/Havoc/Chaos
Draw/Drain/Fill/Gush
Dim/Shadow/Dark/Hell
Charge/Spirit/Berserk
Heart/Mind/Soul/Geist
Master's/Lord's/King's
Devil's/Demon's

DCKaz
Feb 26, 2001, 07:42 PM
ooooh thankyee.. where is this one located?

woohoo I was right on the Hell thing.. heh.
haven't seen a Geist yet.. cool.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif
Actually a few of those fourth forms I haven't seen, but that's a great list.

So keep this in mind for tek'ing away.. I still would like percentages, but maybe I'll try to find the guide and see if it's already done that too.. thanks for the heads up! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

DCKaz
Terra Prime 48 FOmarl

Zephyr
Feb 26, 2001, 08:03 PM
What do you mean by percentages? The chance that a tekker will generate each element in one of the element series?

DCKaz
Feb 26, 2001, 08:50 PM
Well all the effect line types have percentages, just only a few show (and those are likely the only ones findable heh).

At least these 3 have displayable %s..

Draw/Drain/Fill/Gush
not sure, don't look at these much..

Heart/Mind/Soul/Geist
1-3%/4-6%/7-9%/10+%?

Master's/Lord's/King's
?-9%/10-?%/?-?%

I think zone found gives definite tendencies to weapons that reveal their element immediately. Whether that leans tekker results a certain way, I don't know.

where's this guide anyhow? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Cheers,
DCKaz

Zephyr
Feb 27, 2001, 04:46 AM
It's just the Versus Books PSO Perfect Guide. It has information like the percentages in it.

The weird part about all this is let's say you equip an unidentified ??? raygun and try out it's special attack. From the results you can figure out exactly what it is... but then the tekker can change it into something better... strange. ;p