PDA

View Full Version : Anime Lover/Hater

Banish
Jun 7, 2007, 07:52 PM
I would like to know some aspects on anime.

Do you like it?

Do you hate it?

And reasons why also, or any other details you want to include.

Please keep it formal though.

EphekZ
Jun 7, 2007, 07:57 PM
why is this in rants?

anyways

DO NOT BUMP THIS-this should give you a general idea...
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=139138&forum=9

DikkyRay
Jun 7, 2007, 07:59 PM
i smell a flame war coming on.
This will be the first and last time i look in this thread, i dont wanna see where its going

AlexCraig
Jun 7, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm with you, Dikky. This can't lead anywhere good.

Sayara
Jun 7, 2007, 08:18 PM
Anime fads are as bad as 4chan fads. This means your Loli and your DESU spams.

Anime can be entertaining and should be; or its not doing its job.

I never answered the question,

I dislike most of the animes that are just bland and copies of many other over-ran ideas (see bleach/naruto/DBZetc)

but sometimes theres a winner.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tingle on 2007-06-07 18:30 ]</font>

Retehi
Jun 7, 2007, 08:22 PM
Hate it.

Details will only cause a flamewar, so no.

DurakkenX
Jun 7, 2007, 09:05 PM
Saying you hate anime is really rather dumb v.v

Anime is not a genre. It only implies that it is animated and it came from japan. In Japan as far as I know anime and manga is on more and is made for everyone and thus has a lot of genres.

Saying you hate anime is akin to saying you hate movies. I'm sure you hate some anime and some genres of anime like you hate some genres of movies. Personally I can't stand horror because it's cheesy and this applies to anime and movies.

Anime just has a much larger base of more entertaining media right now so you hear more about it, but that's gotta tell you something about american tv and movies... they mainly suck ^.^

Mayu
Jun 7, 2007, 09:14 PM
-Pulls Dura's ear <.< *whispers* Flame war - then presses Forums Index

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryuugu-Rena on 2007-06-07 19:15 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 7, 2007, 09:22 PM
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w8/Ronin_Cooper/Anime/Strawberry%20Marshmallow/miufight.jpg

Retehi
Jun 7, 2007, 09:34 PM
On 2007-06-07 19:05, DurakkenX wrote:

Blah blah blah.

Ok, I don't like animated features from Japan. Will that suffice?

Weeaboolits
Jun 7, 2007, 09:47 PM
Do you like animated features at all? ;]

Retehi
Jun 7, 2007, 10:01 PM
Anyone who knows me knows I love everything made by Disney/WB/Don Bluth in the late 80's/Early 90's. And I'd love to become an animator one day, and make old school style 2D films like that again.

Theres anime (oh sorry, JAPANESE ANIMATED MOVIES) films I do find incredible though from back then, like Akira. God I love that movie to death.

Weeaboolits
Jun 7, 2007, 10:06 PM
I was just asking because there're a lot of people who dislike cartoons in general.

amtalx
Jun 7, 2007, 10:31 PM
Good anime is life-altering. Bad anime, on the other hand, makes me want to kick puppies.

DurakkenX
Jun 7, 2007, 11:14 PM
On 2007-06-07 20:01, Retehi wrote:
Anyone who knows me knows I love everything made by Disney/WB/Don Bluth in the late 80's/Early 90's. And I'd love to become an animator one day, and make old school style 2D films like that again.

Theres anime (oh sorry, JAPANESE ANIMATED MOVIES) films I do find incredible though from back then, like Akira. God I love that movie to death.

basically...you don't hate anime, you hate an incarnation of anime...

Mwabwetumba
Jun 8, 2007, 01:30 AM
I don't watch any anime during my free time alone, but I'm not totally against the idea of watching some if it was recommended to me. Neutral http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Midicronica
Jun 8, 2007, 02:39 AM
I like anime and I watch quite a bit of it. I just can't stand all that lolicon shit.

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 8, 2007, 03:15 AM
I'm a huge anime fan, although there are some sucky ones, but there are many good animes as well. Maybe you can say that some of the shows that I like to watch just happen to be anime or whatever, but yeah, I like watching anime.

UnderscoreX
Jun 8, 2007, 05:39 AM
There's good and there's bad like everything else in the world. This site is based on a Japanese game so it's kinda biased in these polls. It's like making a thread DO YOU LIKE VIDEOGAMES AND OR THE INTERNET ?

Shiro_Ryuu
Jun 8, 2007, 05:47 AM
Yeah, you're very right, although there seems to be quite a few anti-Japanese/anti-anime people here. I don't care much if someone has these opinions, as some of these people are pretty cool, even if I'm totally a Japan and anime lover.

Banish
Jun 8, 2007, 09:54 AM
Ok ok I get it.