PDA

View Full Version : Question for GT's out there...what PM's are you using?

DreamLocke
Jun 8, 2007, 10:38 AM
My alt is a GT and I must say I like it a little better than my main right now :/ Turns out as a WT I was buffing/debuffing while staying just out of range with my bow. Um...yeah. I was playing the wrong class.

Anyway, I've done research and I still can't decide. So I'm asking you GT's out there...410 or 420?

As a GT do I need a tank that sits close and protects or do I need a little hellion that draws aggro from me?

I'm not too concerned about pure striking too much. My "main" has a pure Armor(DEF) PM, and I'm making a mule with a pure ranged PM at some point. This will most likely be my one "impure" PM. Suggestions?

Kion
Jun 8, 2007, 10:51 AM
Guntecher doesn't need a PM. It's the ultimate soling class by itself. If you're thinking about combat then i would recomend the 420 as GT is a very mobile class. With the weapon selection, you won't have to worry about your feet being glued to the ground with a rifle or grenade launcher. But guntecher doesn't need support, so i recomend focussing your attention on whihc pm you want most for synthing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-06-08 08:54 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jun 8, 2007, 11:27 AM
Guntecher is indeed an awesome soloer, but I raised a 420 just as a project of my own. I personally like the 420 for its independence over the 410. As a class with relatively low DFP, you don't want a PM that keeps close to you so it draws all the enemies over to you.

Akaimizu
Jun 8, 2007, 11:39 AM
Yep. My exact preference for why I raised a 420 with my Guntecher. Thing is, while Guntechers can solo, they take a while to be able to do so on S rank missions. You definitely want somebody to take some flak away from you when your enemies consist of super fast runners and jumpers that hit hard.

The thing is, most of all the great Guntecher stuff that gives them soloability is once they get all sorts of bullets up, levels up, and get a good armor or two. That, in itself, takes some good time. Until that time, why not get a good 420 which is independant in fighting. And like Typheros said, the important thing is they don't stay too close to you.

Low all-around defense until the late game does not like being swarmed. We have hardly any weapons to deal well with swarms save a Laser Cannon Ultimate Art. Certain traps can work, too; but be careful. Equipping them also means you lose your quick access to a -Mate for quick healing. That split second of time lost might be a split-second too long if you aren't careful.

It really is a shame that all the good Booster units, great for the mid-late GT game costs millions of meseta. They are so out of my budget, it's hilarious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-08 09:41 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Jun 8, 2007, 11:54 AM
OK looks like I'm leaning towards the 420. Great input guys.

I have no concern for purity for this PM...what's the fastest/cheapest way to get a 420? I'm thinking moon atomizers 'til 29 power, then traps 'til 80, then go for moons again to max out. That should give it really rubbish synth stats, but as I said I don't care too much. Unless I can figure out a faster way...

SolomonGrundy
Jun 8, 2007, 01:40 PM
On 2007-06-08 09:39, Akaimizu wrote:
Yep. My exact preference for why I raised a 420 with my Guntecher. Thing is, while Guntechers can solo, they take a while to be able to do so on S rank missions. You definitely want somebody to take some flak away from you when your enemies consist of super fast runners and jumpers that hit hard.

The thing is, most of all the great Guntecher stuff that gives them soloability is once they get all sorts of bullets up, levels up, and get a good armor or two. That, in itself, takes some good time. Until that time, why not get a good 420 which is independant in fighting. And like Typheros said, the important thing is they don't stay too close to you.

Low all-around defense until the late game does not like being swarmed. We have hardly any weapons to deal well with swarms save a Laser Cannon Ultimate Art. Certain traps can work, too; but be careful. Equipping them also means you lose your quick access to a -Mate for quick healing. That split second of time lost might be a split-second too long if you aren't careful.

It really is a shame that all the good Booster units, great for the mid-late GT game costs millions of meseta. They are so out of my budget, it's hilarious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-08 09:41 ]</font>

tu can hunt tero guard from Maggas on B difficulty. 50 DFP. that should help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Skids
Jun 8, 2007, 02:00 PM
My 2nd char is a guntecher and I actually use 430 pm unit. My logic is beisde looks. I usually use the guns on my guntecher and just supoort magic for her. SO i usually use logn range attacks and the 430 compliaments that well withits rifle and gun.

Akaimizu
Jun 8, 2007, 02:54 PM
On 2007-06-08 11:40, SolomonGrundy wrote:

On 2007-06-08 09:39, Akaimizu wrote:

tu can hunt tero guard from Maggas on B difficulty. 50 DFP. that should help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I've had incredibly bad luck with usable drops, you know. Besides, at my level, DFP is no longer much of my concern. That is, until the expansion comes out. So I often don't calculate acts of fortune in plans to raise a character. This is coming from someone who can't count on luck. If you're in the situation, unlike me, where money is no object, that's another thing. But that's true with any game where some people can afford to buy their way to power. However, to get that, you need the good fortune part first.

I want boosters, like Bullet Saves and TP; which are tough to get, but even harder to afford.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2007-06-08 12:58 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jun 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-06-08 09:54, DreamLocke wrote:
OK looks like I'm leaning towards the 420. Great input guys.

I have no concern for purity for this PM...what's the fastest/cheapest way to get a 420? I'm thinking moon atomizers 'til 29 power, then traps 'til 80, then go for moons again to max out. That should give it really rubbish synth stats, but as I said I don't care too much. Unless I can figure out a faster way...

I did 1* Melee weapons until level 20, then 2* Traps the rest of the way. This is not only fast, but cheap and you end up with a PM capable of synthing Ranged stuff pretty well, which you'll appreciate when S-rank Ranged weapons finally start dropping as much as the Melee ones are now.

DreamLocke
Jun 9, 2007, 12:11 PM
Oh, thanks for the easier way...

I would be better served with a DEX pm than one close to pure striking. Why? My 2 characters I will be using are a GT main, WT alt. (Pulled a switcheroo when I found out I like GT playstyle better) So a striking PM would go unused for a while...

My WT will only use daggers and spear for melee until AoI comes out. My GT will use a dagger very rarely. Both will use cards. So I would benifit from the DEX pm right there for both my guys. Thanks for the input. Very helpful, folks...