PDA

View Full Version : Rarity of Burn/Resist?

Neoptolemus
Jun 10, 2007, 01:57 AM
I was one of the lucky ones who happened to find a Burn/Resist off of De Ragan in Plains Overlord S several weeks back. I had assumed that it was a fairly common rare, since I am usually rather unlucky finding rare rares. Since the Firebreak event started, I find that I have to unequip it when I am standing in a populated lobby, because I will get flooded with PM's from people asking if they can buy/trade/have it. That got me looking at other people's equipment, and I have yet to see anyone with one. I'm sure there must be a bunch of them out there, but no one seems to be wearing them. I thought this would be the one time (the Firebreak event) that I would see them. Are they really that rare? Do you see them very often? What other items (besides other /resist units) have the same rarity, so I can get an idea of its supposed rarity. I have to say that many of the offers I have received have been very, very tempting. It has saved me tens of thousands of meseta from preventing burning damage/death, while adding 3% fire protection. But still, when someone offers a 18% Fire Stormline and a Meteor Cannon... I feel foolish not to take them. What would you do?

Deus-Irae
Jun 10, 2007, 09:36 AM
never seen one, but i dont check other peoples equipment often.

id love to get my hands on any and all resist units though. burn resist would be quiet handy right about now.

want to sell it? (j/k)

Shiryuu
Jun 10, 2007, 11:16 AM
I've seen it drop with 1 luck, so can't be that rare.

Deus-Irae
Jun 10, 2007, 05:11 PM
Holy Light (luck) dosent really have anything to do with whether it drops or not though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

JAFO22000
Jun 11, 2007, 12:25 PM
I've never seen it drop nor have I ever seen anyone wearing it. The amount of attention you get in the lobby when you have it equipped should attest to it's rarity.

Neoptolemus
Jun 12, 2007, 01:24 AM
Thanks for the (mixed) info. I found mine on a 0 luck day, so as Deus-Irae said, it doesn't really affect the boss box drops. Also on that same 0 luck day I found a [B] Vahra Claw and a Rappy dropped a Giga/Skill unit. Bah to 3* Luck Days! 0* Luck is where it's at! I guess I should keep it a bit longer then... at least until the end of the fire event.

Sekani
Jun 12, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's a very rare drop which comes from an unpopular mission. You could pretty much name your price on that thing.

60Hz
Jun 18, 2007, 12:18 AM
luck 0 ftw

WildArms2
Jun 20, 2007, 02:18 PM
consider this on the 360 servers you can probably sell that unit for 10-12 mil which is about equal to a har quick, low percent s ranks are 4-5 mil...Its one of the rarest units in the game

LS_Aksion
Jun 25, 2007, 09:52 PM
*Grin :/ i never saw it nor found it Period. i don't own any rare units not that anyone really needs them. they are just for friend separation when hunting for them =/

too bad firebreak is near over... time for an ICE-AGE...

Got Ban-Photon?