PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360: When Halo 3 comes out ..can i switch accounts?

Ryno
Jun 11, 2007, 09:27 AM
When Halo 3 comes out in the fall my brother is going to be so addicted to it he is not even going to let me play psu.... he said "bye bye phatasy star no more Ryan.. I'm going to play 24/7.. haha"

i said "noooo!!" .. i sure wish i had my own account with my own 360 ... because he is the 1st one to get a job before me and the 1st one to make a gamer tag called "mr rugbee"..

so if i do buy a new 360.. can i switch the psu account that i am curently using which is my main one to a different gamertag?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-11 07:39 ]</font>

amtalx
Jun 11, 2007, 09:43 AM
Err...I don't think so. Maybe if you plead and beg MS/Sega they can give you something. But as far as I know, all your goodies stay on your Gamertag.

This may work though: Buy a new 360 and attach the "mr rugbee" account to it. Change the Gamertag name to something else (theres a feature that will let you do this.) Buy your brother a new gamertag and name it "mr rugbee". You'll loose the name, but you get to keep your PSU saves and friends list. Your brother will get to keep his name and stay out of your way with his Halo 3 nonsense. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If you share a friends list, your brother will have to rebuild his part though, but that shouldn't be hard. Pitch that and see what he says.

NPCMook
Jun 11, 2007, 11:14 AM
Nope, Maylee had the same issue with her brothers Xbox... she had to make an entire new gamertag and start all the way back at level 1.

You can however do like amtalx said. Or just put a log on code for the gamertag and tell your brother tough shit!

Kent
Jun 11, 2007, 12:00 PM
Yeah, you can put a passcode on your Gamertag - though, separate people should have separate Gamertags, in the first place.

Ryno
Jun 11, 2007, 03:52 PM
On 2007-06-11 09:14, NPCMook wrote:
Nope, Maylee had the same issue with her brothers Xbox... she had to make an entire new gamertag and start all the way back at level 1.

You can however do like amtalx said. Or just put a log on code for the gamertag and tell your brother tough shit!

really? .. that means i have to level all my technics to 30 again? and my partner machine?

and make alt characters to do other synthing?

i still have a Ganna Line and a Kotoha-Senba that i have never synth yet........

that is going to take almost a year to redo this if a start all over

i know i can transfrer meseta, weapons, clothes etc...

but you know what?...
my brother keeps laughing at me...
he says " halo 3 ha ha ha... just watch Ryan just watch "

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-11 14:06 ]</font>

Ryno
Jun 11, 2007, 03:54 PM
but the main part is i sure with you can transfer PSU to a differ 360 with a new gamertag

so that means i have wasted 1118 hours of game play time.............................................. .......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-11 13:55 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Jun 11, 2007, 03:56 PM
Halo 3 is going to be a pretty kick ass game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryno
Jun 11, 2007, 04:02 PM
On 2007-06-11 13:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Halo 3 is going to be a pretty kick ass game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

i know ... but still i want to play PSU.. more than halo 3 because i'm not that good at Halo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryno on 2007-06-11 14:04 ]</font>

Kent
Jun 11, 2007, 04:06 PM
On 2007-06-11 13:54, Ryno wrote:
but the main part is i sure with you can transfer PSU to a differ 360 with a new gamertag

so that means i have wasted 1118 hours of game play time.............................................. .......

How about... you know... Since you want to play PSU, you keep that Gamertag, and have what's-his-face other guy make a new one?

If you want to keep your characters, that's pretty much what you'd have to to - you cannot transfer your characters between accounts, but you can transfer an account to another Xbox 360 system.

Ryno
Jun 11, 2007, 04:13 PM
On 2007-06-11 14:06, Kent wrote:

How about... you know... Since you want to play PSU, you keep that Gamertag, and have what's-his-face other guy make a new one?

If you want to keep your characters, that's pretty much what you'd have to to - you cannot transfer your characters between accounts, but you can transfer an account to another Xbox 360 system.

i wounder.. can you copy accounts? .. if so that means do you have to pay double?

because the gamertag "mr rugbee" that i play on.. my brother and i have close friends we play with online but with differ games... but mostly him. he plays with them. so i dont know if that would happend him making a new account.. if i did asked him he would just say " ummm .. no" ... like that.. lol

NPCMook
Jun 11, 2007, 05:12 PM
Well if he's being so cruel about it, be the cruelest of them all Pass code the gamertag, and then laugh at him

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NPCMook on 2007-06-11 15:14 ]</font>

Zelutos
Jun 11, 2007, 05:15 PM
You should have done what Kent said and have separate gamertags from the start...It's the only really logical thing to do...

amtalx
Jun 11, 2007, 05:30 PM
On 2007-06-11 14:13, Ryno wrote:

i wounder.. can you copy accounts? .. if so that means do you have to pay double?

because the gamertag "mr rugbee" that i play on.. my brother and i have close friends we play with online but with differ games... but mostly him. he plays with them. so i dont know if that would happend him making a new account.. if i did asked him he would just say " ummm .. no" ... like that.. lol

If you got your brother another Gamertag, getting the friends list back is as easy as just re-inviting everyone. If your brother is still being an ass about making you waste months of effort, I say you should just stuff him in the dishwasher or something.

Kent
Jun 11, 2007, 05:33 PM
On 2007-06-11 14:13, Ryno wrote:

No, you can't "copy" an account. You can change your account's name to a different Gamertag, though... And I think you can also change the .NET Passport to a different e-mail address, too.

But no, if you want to keep your characters, then this current account is the one you have to use. Otherwise, you're either starting over, or sharing time with him. There is no way around the system. :/

gambit04
Jun 11, 2007, 06:30 PM
ok it was too hard to tell you in game so I will try to explain it here...

1.buy a new 360...

2.with a gt similar to mr rugbee maybe mr_rugbee

3. when you wanna play PSU then he could use the other xbox

i dunno this is the best i can come up with right now I'm playing in a party with you >.>

Jaysky
Jun 11, 2007, 09:43 PM
Not sure if anybody else said this but oh wellz...
If you buy a new 360, this had better be before Halo cause otherwise his data will all be on this current one and then you'll have to start over on this one. Get him to play this new 360 and you play the old one which has all your data. I know it sounds kind of stupid, you buying a new 360 for him insted of you but if you want to keep your PSU as is then I think this is an ok plan.

NPCMook
Jun 11, 2007, 10:33 PM
The only data he would lose is the stuff saved on the HDD... so not his online PSU data... I still say he should just pass code the Gamertag

Midicronica
Jun 12, 2007, 12:53 AM
Make him get a new account. = A 12 month Xbox Live Gold card is only 49.99 a year. That's pretty damn cheap. I sometimes wonder why people complain about paying for Xbox Live when it so damn cheap.

:0ffTopic: I am soo buying Shadowrun.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Moses on 2007-06-11 22:54 ]</font>