PDA

View Full Version : New DSL modem and online plan, cannot get PS2 online

Jife_Jifremok
Jun 11, 2007, 11:38 AM
For the past few years I had enjoyed online PS2 play while the PC could also be online. I was on AOL with Verizon DSL. With an ethernet cable (MadCatz brand I think, the only cable I know of on the EB Games site) connected from the PS2 to the DSL modem, and the PC connected to the DSL modem by USB, I had no problems except for major lag when the PC was doing something that ate bandwidth like popcorn. And if I had the PC and PS2 online with the same user name, the PS2 would kick the PC offline so the PC needed a different user name.

That ended today at around 2am (Eastern time). I had a new online plan going. It was basically the same thing as the last plan, but it was cheaper. I still have AOL with Verizon DSL, but a new DSL modem was needed. At 2am the old DSL modem could no longer be used to get online (neither PC nor PS2). The new DSL modem is set up now; the PS2 is connected to it the same way as it was with the old one.

But when the PC is online under any screen name, the PS2 cannot connect. I simply get that error 10 message after a minute of not connecting. When the PC is offline, the PS2 can connect to the internet, but on the DNAS screen I get an Error -610 message. This is the same error message I received when I tried to reconnect at around 2am when the PS2 was still connected to the old DSL modem (after I got disconnected during a Firebreak run).

I have no idea what to do now. I have made this as detailed as I can think of right now (and that's why you see this wall of text). Any ideas on how to help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2007-06-11 09:40 ]</font>

Chii
Jun 11, 2007, 09:45 PM
Some ISPs have it set up so that for one reason or another you cannot connect two devices to a modem. (Don't ask me why :>) So what might help is if you got a router and plugged the modem into that, since the router will handle the assigning of multiple sub addresses. (not sure if that's the official word for it)