PDA

View Full Version : Xbox issues

NPCMook
Jun 11, 2007, 12:19 PM
So as some of you know my 360 got the ever so lovely 3 red lights of doom... I called Microsoft and they told me they would send my a box to ship it in... this was about 3 days ago.. and still no box has arrived has this happen to anyone else?

I do plan on calling microsoft again, once I find the refrence number the lady gave me

Rainbowlemon
Jun 11, 2007, 12:35 PM
Being microsoft, I'd give it a week. If it still hasn't arrived, annoy them until they send it. Then wait another month for them to return your 360 =)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rainbowlemon on 2007-06-11 10:36 ]</font>

Midicronica
Jun 11, 2007, 12:56 PM
Call them as much as possible, dude. I didn't bother them enough and it took them an entire month and a half to send me my box. Getting my 360 back actually only took a week. I suggest you contact them as soon as you can.

DLShAdOw
Jun 11, 2007, 01:45 PM
i just used my own box >_>

Ryno
Jun 11, 2007, 04:21 PM
whoa i just had that just 3 hours ago.. when there was a hail thunderstorm! and the power went on and off on and off then off.. and it was blinking red... scary looking

amtalx
Jun 11, 2007, 05:35 PM
I prefer extended warranties from the retailer. Sure it cost you and extra $30, but you can just waltz in and grab a new 360 off the shelf no questions asked (I had to do this TWICE.) Also, you'll be getting a brand new system instead of a refurb.

NPCMook
Jun 12, 2007, 05:51 PM
Box came today, shipping it off tomorrow

On 2007-06-11 15:35, amtalx wrote:
I prefer extended warranties from the retailer. Sure it cost you and extra $30, but you can just waltz in and grab a new 360 off the shelf no questions asked (I had to do this TWICE.) Also, you'll be getting a brand new system instead of a refurb.

The only issue with this is I would have to give up my HDD with all my data...

Parn
Jun 12, 2007, 06:08 PM
On 2007-06-11 14:21, Ryno wrote:
whoa i just had that just 3 hours ago.. when there was a hail thunderstorm! and the power went on and off on and off then off.. and it was blinking red... scary looking
Get a UPS, ASAP. Nothing kills hardware faster than brownouts. I have a UPS for my PC setup, and a seperate UPS for my HDTV and consoles. Totally worth it. If the power flickers, I experience no change, and if the power goes out entirely, I have 15 minutes of backup power. Totally worth the expense.

NPCMook
Jun 12, 2007, 06:11 PM
UPS??

Parn
Jun 12, 2007, 06:28 PM
Uninterruptible Power Supply. Provides backup power for a set period of time when the power goes out, and if the power flickers, appliances that are connected will run without a hitch. This is assuming of course, that you purchase an appropriate UPS based on the power requirements of your appliances.

Sinue_v2
Jun 12, 2007, 08:24 PM
It's like having everything run a battery that is being constantly recharged. Since your devices aren't drawing power directly from your power outlets - fluctuations in the power don't affect them.

UPS's are much more expensive than surge protectors - but much cheaper than replacing a lot of expensive electronics. Even low end models offer at least 3 minuites of power - so it gives you a chance to save information and shut down devices in the event of a power outtage.

I've seen a few PSO threads where characters were corrupted because of a power outtage durring a save. UPS's would have prevented that.

amtalx
Jun 12, 2007, 11:10 PM
On 2007-06-12 15:51, NPCMook wrote:
Box came today, shipping it off tomorrow

On 2007-06-11 15:35, amtalx wrote:

The only issue with this is I would have to give up my HDD with all my data...

Why? I'm on my 3rd 360 and I still have my original HD. What I do it just bring in my busted console (just the console, not the cords or controller) and they grab a Core package off the shelf, take it out of the box, and give it to me.

Zelutos
Jun 12, 2007, 11:41 PM
You know, i had that happen to me back in January..i called at the beginning of january for the box..and it's now...June...and i havn't seen a box. Needless to say, i returned my old one to the store and got a new one anyways.

Oh, and if you want to try this, go ahead, it seems to work:

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=23877

By the way, don't worry about smacking your 360. It has a metal casing on the inside, so you won't hurt it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Give it a try and see if it works.

ABDUR101
Jun 13, 2007, 12:24 AM
Smacking the 360 won't hurt it? Ever jar a HD before? I'd prolly prefer not to lose my temper to the point I have to take frustrations out on something.

It took a week for me to get my initial box from MS, and an additional week to get it back. They were rather decent about it anyway. Though I wasn't in much of a rush to get it back.