PDA

View Full Version : O noes!! Help me wif computer peas

Almighty_Envy
Jun 11, 2007, 11:13 PM
My computer is being a piece of crap.

For example:

Google image search doesnt show images, just frames.

I try to go to certain pages and experience LONG load times.

My Computer wasnt good to begine with but over the past few days has become sluggish.

Start up is still fast but once i log on to internet its slow.

Any programs or suggestions on how to get my comp to run faster? ( if programs i cant really afford them so freeware would be nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

I have CCleaner and my desktop is running on basic stuff.

Peas help.

VanHalen
Jun 11, 2007, 11:25 PM
Try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files. If that doesn't work after that try restarting.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 11, 2007, 11:26 PM
i deleted cookies and temp files but im gonna try restarting now...

Almighty_Envy
Jun 11, 2007, 11:32 PM
Well that fixed the google frames but websites are still slugish.

Im betting my connection is laggy though because all day PSU was slow =/

VanHalen
Jun 11, 2007, 11:36 PM
PSU being slow could be cause your on a wireless connection(like me >.<). I have noticed after restarting my computer when PSU gets like that it clears up the problem for awhile. Or it could be cause your were doing too many firebreak missions on Uni 2.

Treillerti
Jun 11, 2007, 11:58 PM
Try FreeRam PRO. It'll increase your ram in order to speed things up. And it's Free. .
Also. . if you have any toolbar's, remove them. They tend to make more problems than do good anyways.

Sord
Jun 12, 2007, 02:49 AM
when was the last time you ran an error check and defrag?

in the event you don't know how to get to it:

my computer > right click on your hard drive > select properties > somewhere within the tabs should be the options to error check and defrag; run error check first because if defrag hits an error you have to start all over

Nitro Vordex
Jun 12, 2007, 03:38 AM
I found something interesting a few months back, you may still have a record of where you've been even though you clear your private settings. How to clear this:

I only know Windows XP so don't ask for any other operating systems.
My computer--> make sure you can see hidden files and folders(Tools, Folder options, View folders, Show hidden files and folders.)-->your hard disk-->Documents and settings--> your logon-->Local Settings(should be a hidden folder icon that is semi-transparent)--> Temp

Now if you use Internet Explorer, you should see a history folder that has an IE(version of Internet Explorer here) and you will see quite a few files. Delete all except the one that says index. something. That might help. There is prolly a folder for Firefox but I haven't found it, yet. See if that works.

Or flat out virus scan your enitre computer. you might have Adware on it.

Kevino
Jun 13, 2007, 12:23 AM
i'd say go with thoes last two. error cheg then defrag then virus scan then adware then spyware.... then cuba... then the world. But the last time i had a lag problem really bad i just error to defrag works fine now

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
Try FreeRam PRO. It'll increase your ram in order to speed things up. And it's Free. .
Also. . if you have any toolbar's, remove them. They tend to make more problems than do good anyways.

Just did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

when was the last time you ran an error check and defrag?

5 mins before posting this.

Or flat out virus scan your enitre computer. you might have Adware on it.

Nothing >.>

Ty for your help guys!

EDIT:

O yeah.

Is Firefox better then Internet Explorer?

Would it make loading sites faster?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Almighty_Envy on 2007-06-13 18:40 ]</font>

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 13, 2007, 09:09 PM
I haven't had problems with Firefox. =^_^=
Unlike Exploder.

Almighty_Envy
Jun 13, 2007, 09:35 PM
And its settled.

I officially like Firefox more then IE.

Ty for the help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 13, 2007, 09:40 PM
Anytime! =^.^=

AlexCraig
Jun 13, 2007, 09:43 PM
*Sigh* I still have Internet Explorer. May have to change soon.

Aisha_Clan-Clan
Jun 13, 2007, 09:54 PM
Good idea! Firefox! =^.^=

Kevino
Jun 14, 2007, 01:41 AM
wait... you ppl dont use firefox already?! just dl it it's free

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 09:08 AM
first... defrag does nothing v.v...hard drives are too big and storing has become more efficient so defragging does absolutely nothing...

second... Reformat. You are supposed to every 6 months because microsoft and their updates slow down due to crappy programming. It's kinda like a dental exam! just reformat every time you go to the dentist lol