PDA

View Full Version : PIPING POUILLY SLIMES!!! read now!

SStrikerR
Jun 12, 2007, 06:22 AM
alright, im in pso plus offline multiplayer and im getting pissed cause i want to getr every kind of double saber again, starting with the normal green one.

pinkal gets a 7/8 drop rate from pouilly slimes hard. what im in. i tried to pipe them for bout half hour last night and didnt see one. any ideas or tips?

this is offline and mulitplayer that i tried piping them btw.

Out_Kast
Jun 12, 2007, 10:17 AM
Uhh, the easiest way is on Addicting Food, the room where there's two slimes. Split both, and if none are red, pipe away.
PS. Don't kill any. And there's something about Slimes that can affect the drop rate, but I don't know what it is. Perhaps someone can confirm it.

K-Dub
Jun 12, 2007, 10:36 AM
what if they multiply will the rate change?

Ketchup345
Jun 12, 2007, 02:08 PM
On 2007-06-12 08:17, Out_Kast wrote:
Perhaps someone can confirm it.It's been a while, so all I remember is kill the red one first.

Each slime will have a 1/512 chance of being rare.

burning_card
Jun 12, 2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah if you kill the ORIGINAL, you loose the drop for the rest ofthe time, goes to zero. Don't let them attack either, sometimes they will attack you and kil eachother, killing the original slime. I piped for about an hour the other day and one died, i thought it was a split slime but it was one of the originals...got a red slime and had a zero drop. It won't matter if you kill the original, when you come back there will still be slimes to split, jut the drop if gone (sort of like the only thing left is the clone)

Flamingo99
Jun 13, 2007, 11:48 AM
So.... if you split up the slimes, you can get drops from the clones or the original? And should you or should you not kill the original?

Ketchup345
Jun 13, 2007, 12:34 PM
Only one slime (out of the 4) will drop an item at most; since rare monsters always drop something, the blue slimes will not drop anything. You risk losing the rare if you kill the blues before the red (if the blue happens to drop an item).

After you kill the red, you can kill the others for EXP.

burning_card
Jun 13, 2007, 04:26 PM
Not true. I have gotten a red slime with the pack of eight, one of the blue's dies by means of another killing it with the tail whip attack and it dropped a rare (varista or db's saber or some crap) and i still got my rare out of the red. The only thing is you can't allow the original's to die at any time.

If you have two to start, keep track of them. If one of them dies then the drop for that one's clones and it'self is gone, but the other one's clones will still drop. originals and clones will drop the item but you have to have the original alive. If it does die and you pipe out and back, there will still be two left, but one of them is a clone.

So even if that clone is a red slime and you split it into four red slimes (unlkley but i've hear of it splitting three) it won't matter if the drop rate is 100%, you'll always get nothing, not even a monomate from what i remember, but at least not the rare.

But to be safe don't kill anything bu the red slimes.

JapansRobo
Jun 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
I got my Double Saber from Barba Ray, not as high a chance but you don't have to pipe for them.

SStrikerR
Jun 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
On 2007-06-13 17:36, JapansRobo wrote:
I got my Double Saber from Barba Ray, not as high a chance but you don't have to pipe for them.
what level and was it hard, v.hard, ult, and what id?

Scales_of_Air
Jun 13, 2007, 07:43 PM
I hunted Barba Ray as well. It may or may not take more time, as one has to do Temple runs for it. At least it's more reliable than piping. Hard or Vhard, it might be be both - check the item database bud. I recall getting mine very early in the game compared to where I am now.

Edit: Checked. Hard Barba Ray, 1/22. Check your ID to make sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2007-06-13 17:45 ]</font>

JapansRobo
Jun 13, 2007, 07:47 PM
I thought the rate was 1/24,
It was in hard temple on my 7th run

SStrikerR
Jun 14, 2007, 06:05 AM
alright, i checked the database too last night lol and yea, i saw that too.

and ALL of my chars can get it 1/22.

if i used all 4, would that make the droprate better?

viridia, bluefull, pinkal, and anothr bluefull.

Scales_of_Air
Jun 14, 2007, 01:00 PM
If you have other people playing your characters for you, it wil give them all exp... But if you don't, just take one of them and solo temple a few times. Having four characters as opposed to one will not change the programmed drop rate. It's not like Barba is going to drop four items instead of one, either, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

T0m
Jun 14, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-06-13 14:26, burning_card wrote:
Not true. I have gotten a red slime with the pack of eight, one of the blue's dies by means of another killing it with the tail whip attack and it dropped a rare (varista or db's saber or some crap) and i still got my rare out of the red. The only thing is you can't allow the original's to die at any time.

How can you use this to say it's not true [that you have to kill the red one before killing the blue ones, and only one of the four drop anything at all]?
How could you be certain that the red and blue you mention, were both from the same original?

I'm not sure about the game treating the original and clones differently, or even if there is a difference. Perhaps that's just my inability to keep track of the slimes, after splitting.

After a little searching I certainly believe the consensus on PSOW is that you simply should not kill any blue slimes, before killing the red one (or during piping). I haven't found any indication that it's okay to kill the clones first.

Reference thread 1. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=140150&forum=7)
Reference thread 2. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=130741&forum=7)
Reference thread 3. (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=115465&forum=7)

burning_card
Jun 14, 2007, 07:24 PM
Well i'm assuming with the pack of four (i usually keep track of them and will split one at a time with the varista trick) but i've done it with a single slime too.

Here's what i know from experiance. I was going for god powers with a viridia in VH the other day and i would kill off all the clones but leave the original. This was just a single slime in a normal run through caves, not addicting food or something like that. As long as the original never dies, you can still get the rare. I guess it's like the original is the only one to carry the weapon drop, and if you kill it and pipe back, a clone is put in it' place, but it's drop is gone. I'm not sure exactly how it works but i know you cn kill off all the clones that are split and still get the rare out of the red slime, as long as the original never dies.

It's best not to kill anything, but the only way to screw the drop up is to kill the original in each pack.

Kevino
Jun 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
i thought it was, ahem...

If you split the slimes into 4 and kill ANY slime then pipe back the drop rate goes to pure zero till you restart a game. You split them, you kill the red and leave b4 they all dead... sorry but u gotta start over.

burning_card
Jun 15, 2007, 03:43 PM
Try it out; the original is the only one to stay alive in the split. I always kill the clones for the experiance (i'm not going to pipe that long with no experiance) when a red shows it still drops the rare. I have however made the mistake of killing the original and when the red showe it didn't drop anything, not even a monomate or something.

Kevino
Jun 22, 2007, 12:50 AM
How do you know which is a clone? aside from the red slime.