PDA

View Full Version : Creating char just to rush ULT for a rare

otana_uk
Jun 12, 2007, 06:31 PM
I've just made a couple of chars on the 2nd mem card so that I can lend them my good stuff, rush them to ULT and get a couple of easy pipe drops (standstill shield, electroframe, and frozen shooty etc)..

How many others do this? I got through to hard mode already very quickly and will maybe make it to ULT in a day or two. What is the fastest you've rushed to ULT for a specific rare? Is this common pratice?

SStrikerR
Jun 12, 2007, 07:27 PM
i try this sometimes.
i get thru normal in about 3 hr 30 mins, hard in 5 hrs, vh 5 hr 30 mins.

so about 14 hours if i rush.

i beat normal around lv 20, hard at like 30, v.h. at like 50.

Scales_of_Air
Jun 13, 2007, 05:23 PM
I like to plan this, but I've never rushed a character to Ult. I have to farm MAGs for a while and contemplate IDs for what I need the soonest, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I have a Yellowboze who just needs to finish VH Ruins, and a Redria finishing H Ruins... Maybe I'll be able to expedite the process, someday!

burning_card
Jun 13, 2007, 05:30 PM
I rush all my characters into ults. I'm trying to get the equipment and single rares to make an ID obsolete before i make my final characters. I suppose it's a way to keep PSO alive for me, but i don't usually get a character past level 80 or so. It's a waste of time as far as progression, but i don't think i'll ever stop playing the game, so i got all the time in the world to finis hthe game.

It's a great way to try out all the chaacters too. I usually get to ults in a day or so, takes me about 5 hours. I pretty much play the game before i go to work in the mornings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burning_card on 2007-06-13 15:32 ]</font>

Sir_Gusher
Jun 13, 2007, 05:33 PM
I'm never really in a rush I just enjoy the game as much as possible. I make the game more enjoyable to me by doing no mate and bare hand runs just to see how well I do.

But if I tried to rush into the Ults I'd probably have fallen asleep by Hard mode's Dark falz. Ruins can be boring if you don't find anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir_Gusher on 2007-06-13 15:35 ]</font>

K-Dub
Jun 13, 2007, 06:09 PM
i just dont have the time but it makes sense to get a certon id and do that but i wouldnt go to ulty id go as far as vh cause im in trouble with ulty caves! lol

Banish
Jun 14, 2007, 03:17 PM
That is what I am doin right now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

And he made it to Ult Caves so far...I'm going to find that Orotiagito..!

NastyNate
Jun 15, 2007, 05:48 AM
Thats what I've been doing last couple days, in ult caves now, lvl.53

werewolfking
Jun 15, 2007, 08:22 AM
what class is ur that low of a level lol

Sir_Gusher
Jun 15, 2007, 11:27 AM
I went and did what I said i was'nt gonna do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif rush a char to Ultimate mode

Off Topic: does anyone know how much Def it takes to survive these attacks from VH Dark Falz I & II form's Pilla and the III form's Sword Swipe and the blue orb thingies?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sir_Gusher on 2007-06-15 10:51 ]</font>

otana_uk
Jun 15, 2007, 12:12 PM
i got past hard with about 350 hp i think and past vhard with about 430hp (two god/hps). am piping torrs in FoS at level 41 and have found two but missed the 1/2 drop both times >:[

burning_card
Jun 15, 2007, 03:40 PM
DF attacks arent defense based. You need HP, simple as that. You need 400 HP to survive DF in VH.

Just got a FOmarl to ults, took about four hours, lvl 39. (She sucks right now, get my ass handed to me in caves)

Sir_Gusher
Jun 15, 2007, 07:14 PM
Oh man thx for info did'nt know his attacks were'nt defense based.

Guess I should go get some HP boosting units then I'll have my third character in Ultimate mode.

Off Topic: Typing from a Wii is tiring http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

AlexCraig
Jun 15, 2007, 07:20 PM
I tend to do it slow and take it easy.