PDA

View Full Version : Lavis Cannon (DC version)

Jason
Dec 16, 2002, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I know that this game is old and probably most of you don't play it anymore, but I do. From what I've read, you can get a Lavis Cannon from a box in an area after you beat Dark Falz with a BLUEFULL ID. Is this true? If so, what are the chances? I'm just wondering because one of my characters is BLUEFULL.

Siegfried
Dec 16, 2002, 04:36 PM
Area after Dark Falz? From what I've seen, there are no rooms after Falzie. I've even dropped a pipe before his teleporter and gone back in. Nothing new, just the Obelisk doesn't blow up. I make offerings to te obelisk when I can. Poor Guardian.

Sapphire87
Dec 16, 2002, 08:33 PM
There are a couple of theories regarding the Lavis Cannon.

The first is that in version 1, the Lavis Cannon was given as a prize to a Japanese player in an online tournament that was held prior to the U.S. release. The weapon cannot be found any other way.

The second theory is that only a version 2 player can find one. However, the odds of an enemy dropping it are astronomically low (something like 1 in a million). Making a version 1 weapon only obtainable by version 2 is not unusual. Case in point: Nei's Claw and Eggblaster. The theory is that Sonic Team did this intentionally in order to perk up sales of version 2 and promote trading between the two versions.

Neither of these theories have been substantiated. Some claimed to have actually found a Lavis Cannon but more likely it was dropped intentionally by a prankster who created one using a cheat device.

Jason
Dec 17, 2002, 09:37 AM
On 2002-12-16 13:36, Siegfried wrote:
Area after Dark Falz? From what I've seen, there are no rooms after Falzie. I've even dropped a pipe before his teleporter and gone back in. Nothing new, just the Obelisk doesn't blow up. I make offerings to te obelisk when I can. Poor Guardian.

In an area where you defeated Falz is what I meant. After you defeat that boss, the boxes will appear as usual.