PDA

View Full Version : do FOnewearls need luck?

urahara454
Jun 13, 2007, 09:23 AM
i bin thinking do we FOnewearls need luck seen as our damage is mind based = no crits cos its set damage...can anyone enlighten me...will a FOnewearl really benefit from 100 LCK?

Sir_Gusher
Jun 13, 2007, 09:56 AM
Ummm I think not it's best to just give them def and mind mats if you ask me

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 11:43 AM
Doesn't it also affect how often you're hit with criticals?

burning_card
Jun 13, 2007, 04:31 PM
Depends. It's useless for me to use them on my FOney, but i have to...once i'm at lvl 200 i can use a maxing method so i can choose melee or tech's whenever i wantjust by switchin equipment, and i'll have my melee maxed or my magic maxed. Melee foney's are useless but it's damn fun to do.

Scales_of_Air
Jun 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
On 2007-06-13 09:43, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Doesn't it also affect how often you're hit with criticals?

Enemies have their own LCK stat. Raising yours helps you slap the crits back at them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LCK is not my first consideration with a FOnewey... *shrug*

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 05:53 PM
I thought it was like with MST where it's used for offense and defense. :/

Scales_of_Air
Jun 13, 2007, 05:59 PM
On 2007-06-13 15:53, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I thought it was like with MST where it's used for offense and defense. :/

Come again?

Edit: If i'm reading you correctly, here's my response. MST is exclusively offense. Tech defense comes from the resistances in armor/shield/slot equipment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2007-06-13 16:01 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Jun 13, 2007, 06:04 PM
Really? I thought that it too played a role in defense against techs. :/

Anyway, what I meant was that I thought that a high luck stat reduced the likelyhood of being struck with a critical hit as well as increasing the odds of inflicting one. ;]

Scales_of_Air
Jun 13, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-06-13 16:04, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Really? I thought that it too played a role in defense against techs. :/

Anyway, what I meant was that I thought that a high luck stat reduced the likelyhood of being struck with a critical hit as well as increasing the odds of inflicting one. ;]

No, unfortunately not. If that were the case Falz' RA techs couldn't touch me :]

The most prominent examples of resistance factors are with Falz' Grants and Obs' Megid. I lost to Falz with my HUcast because I didn't have enough Light Resistance. I ran out of Mates in minutes because s/he'd take more than half of my HP every spell. The Megid is, well, given... Just stand in front of the Obs with anything less than 70 EDK, lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: As an aside, the freezing factor is different from the resistance... In my experience, one can have three resist/blizzards equipped, and, while the tech damage won't be high from the enemy, one can still get frozen just as often as before... Hence the Cure/Freeze unit, seperate from the perfect/resist. This applies to other status effects as well. The frequency of status effects is dependent on tech level.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scales_of_Air on 2007-06-13 16:35 ]</font>

Hopesbane
Jul 1, 2007, 09:40 PM
FOnewearls can do much more than cast, but the utilization of her melee aspect is very equipment intensive. "Def and Mind Mats" are a horrible approach to any Force, as using materials haphazardly like that can utterly destroy your chances of attempting to adapt that character later, once you learn what your possibilities really are.

EDIT: Readers should probably know that I am talking about GC in my posts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hopesbane on 2007-07-01 22:09 ]</font>

concussionman
Jul 1, 2007, 09:48 PM
I woulnd't suggest using Luck materials on a Fonewearl, even if you wanted a melee force. Using a God/Luck is more effective as it doesn't limit your ATP usage. If you are planning on using a melee force i would sugest using Power Mats so that if you are in a pinch while using techs you can deal average damage, instead of hoping to deal average damage.

Hopesbane
Jul 1, 2007, 10:47 PM
No. -_-

The difference between a FOnewearl's base and max ATP at Lv200 is 100 points. That means that 50 points of POW on a mag would max her with no problem. God/Luck is ridiculous, it takes a slot. God/Ability, on the other hand, boosts a bunch of other stats, as well, including the important ATA stat. Depending on if you use one or two God/Abilities to up your stats, you won't even need 50 POW on that mag.

A melee FOnewearl is not, I repeat, not for raw physical damage. That mistaken idea is why melee FOnewearls fail so hard and are considered useless. They excel by using weapon specials such as Demons and Arrest, aiding the team in a very unique way. The LCK stat on a FOnewearl is mostly for that amount of time you will save when it comes down to trying to finish something off using physical damage.

Ultimus
Jul 1, 2007, 10:58 PM
Hahahahaha......I know a friend who made a FOnewearl..It was hilarious! Poor fool wouldn't use disks or mind or defense materials, and still has a frame equipped only because it has 3 slots! The character is Lv.29!!!!!!

Hopesbane
Jul 1, 2007, 11:15 PM
Tech disks are best used early on with the aid of mag MIND, because of its ease (we assume that many newer players aren't going to have around 125 or so Mind Mats just sitting around). What I mean by it being a "horrible approach" is that simply stuffing your FOney full of Mind Mats ignores those vital few other mats that could be used to save you a slot.

Def in any form is of little importance when it comes down to it; which is why your friend is not necessarily in a bad position for using a Frame with three slots. I myself would use a Frame with three slots over an Aura Field with one slot.

EDIT: Here is a decent stat setup plan for a "melee" FOnewearl, assuming you don't mind the idea of using two of your four slots on stat boosting items. Realistically, with Sacred Cloth equipped, you are already immune to paralysis, leaving your two main fears as Freeze and Shock (they don't often occur as main threats in the same area).

FOnewearl

Base => Max
ATP 483 => 583
DFP 334 => 390
MST 1200 => 1750
ATA 133 => 186
EVP 735 => 883
LCK 10 => 100

Off Max
ATP 100
DFP 56
MST 550
ATA 53
EVP 148
LCK 90

Slots
God/Ability
God/Ability

Off Max
ATP 60
DFP 16
MST 510
ATA 49
EVP 108
LCK 50

Mag
DEF 5
POW 30
DEX 98
MIND 67

Off Max
ATP 0
DFP 11
MST 376
ATA 0
EVP 108
LCK 50

Materials
Power 0
Def 0
Mind 125
Evade 0
Luck 25

Off Max (Final)
ATP 0
DFP 11
MST 124
ATA 0
EVP 108
LCK 0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hopesbane on 2007-07-01 21:25 ]</font>

Aztec_Mystic
Jul 4, 2007, 10:34 PM
Humm... I have a FOnewearl lvl 90 right now and I can tell you that I maxed her with mind materials ONLY. All this because I'll use her exclusively for techs. I don't really care about POW or ATA with this one, it wouldn't make much more of a difference. Instead this way I can reach the max of her mind capability and use units for other means like God/HP or God/Legs. Evasion with this character is a lot more vital then ATA, POW and LCK because at least if you get beeing hit you'll have a good chance to evade the attack since she has a lot of EVP (2nd character with best evasion if I'm not mistaken).
In my case, when she reaches the max of her mind I'm gonna give her 3 x God/Legs to max her EVP and the last slot I'll leave for whatever I like or I need. By the way, my mag is over 150 Mind too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Hopesbane
Jul 5, 2007, 02:08 AM
Offline, that may work, but when supporting online, a "special attack Force" can prove more effective than a tech-only FOnewearl, due to being able to cripple higher HP enemies faster (Demon's)/provide status effects (paralysis/confuse); they generally avoid damage cancel better, as well. As for DFP and EVP...both amount to little if you simply avoid attacks manually.

Saffran
Jul 5, 2007, 05:15 AM
What Hopesbane said is espescially true on BB, where you CAN max a Fonewearl al the way.

As for maxing methods, I am a firm believer than Evade>Luck>the rest. "The rest" can get taken care of with mats.