PDA

View Full Version : Good Weapon for RAcast

JapansRobo
Jun 13, 2007, 07:26 PM
I'm currently in the ultimate caves and wondering what would be some good weapons for me. Section ID is Yellowboze and I have a max of 200 ATA.
Any Help would be appreciated.

SStrikerR
Jun 13, 2007, 07:37 PM
frozen shooter, hildetorr ult forest. drop rate 1/2

easiest you can get, and itll make any level easy as candy with mushy centers. =]

JapansRobo
Jun 13, 2007, 07:40 PM
thanks alot,
Any weapons you think would be good against a hildetorr?

Also, Which room in Forest of Sorrow has the most hildelts?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-06-13 17:43 ]</font>

Banish
Jun 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
The last one.

JapansRobo
Jun 13, 2007, 07:59 PM
thanks

Piped about 40 times and just got a hildetorr, no frozen shooter though

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-06-13 19:49 ]</font>

SStrikerR
Jun 14, 2007, 06:02 AM
damn oh well, ull get it within the first 5 tries.

and unless u have high megid resistance, dont stay far away, or he'll cast, stay slightly close and either mechgun it or melee it with like a stag cutlery.

Kevino
Jun 14, 2007, 11:21 PM
greenill get's it from 'torrs btw make sure you're using greenill to get it. That may be the reason you didn't get it

Ketchup345
Jun 14, 2007, 11:51 PM
Greenill is not the only ID to get Frozen Shooter from Hildetorrs, I believe roughly half the IDs get the Frozen Shooter from them at a 1/2.

SStrikerR
Jun 15, 2007, 01:06 PM
On 2007-06-14 21:21, Kevino wrote:
greenill get's it from 'torrs btw make sure you're using greenill to get it. That may be the reason you didn't get it

wrong, as ketchup stated, a lot of the ids get it 1/2

including yellowboze.

dont state what joo dont know like me =P

but this time, i DO know.

Banish
Jun 15, 2007, 02:44 PM
GREENILL, PURPLENUM, YELLOWBOZE, & WHITILL find Frozen Shooter from a Hildetorr, 1/2.

SStrikerR
Jun 15, 2007, 03:23 PM
note: greenill,yellowboze,and whitll, are the best ids for rangers, purplenum...not sure, bt i think thats an all around id. not sure though, so dont go by that.

Banish
Jun 15, 2007, 03:27 PM
VIRIDIA also. The only ID that can find Flame Visit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PURPLENUM, IMO, has the best drop rate for Heaven Punisher.

JapansRobo
Jun 15, 2007, 06:33 PM
I beat the hildetorrs with a combination of freeze traps and my delsabers buster.Got the frozen shooter on my 160th go when another hildetorr appeared, great weapon and thanks alot.

Are there any weapons that would help me out with Ob Lilies, whenever I use the frozen shooter on a vulmer a Ob Lilly kills me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-06-15 16:38 ]</font>

burning_card
Jun 15, 2007, 06:59 PM
Try to get into mines after you get that FS. You can get a nice drop of a NUG bazooka. It's not the best item in the world but it's a pleasure to use. You get them out of canadines or whatever the spelling of the green floater things. (not the red ones)

On 2007-06-15 11:06, Ryan113 wrote:

including yellowboze.

Damn bro, you just have a thorny branch up your's when it comes to Kevino lol, that's odd.

Sir_Gusher
Jun 15, 2007, 07:31 PM
Why can't we be friends (repeat x 4)

Look for a SPREAD NEEDLE so yous can hit the Vulmers and teh Lilies at the same time

Although I'm uncertain if your ID gets them or not. Anyways remember to look for one if you can

JapansRobo
Jun 15, 2007, 08:22 PM
It says that yellowboze get spread needles from merlans in ruins, 1 out 600 and something chance

Sir_Gusher
Jun 15, 2007, 08:36 PM
Oh ok well yeah you'll need one they work wonders

Bezmor
Jun 16, 2007, 05:00 AM
Spread Needle (i second it)
A RAcast gets a bonus on the special so it can basicly paralize 5 guys at the same time and doesnt miss much-->is wonderful for crowds. Get good mechs youll need them later.

Kevino
Jun 16, 2007, 09:09 PM
On 2007-06-15 11:06, Ryan113 wrote:

including yellowboze.

hey sorry for making a mistake. i only recall greenill i just didnt cheg it. but i did know that greenill get's it so i was only half wrong.... sorta.

pso-dude
Jun 16, 2007, 09:38 PM
if you can play online, try to get a yasminkov 3000r, they do more damages than the frozen shooter.

Kevino
Jun 16, 2007, 09:52 PM
you don't need to be online for that. and it's true it does, i have both, but the frozen shooter has unreduced damage special (as in the hard and special do the same damage) but if the special hits it ALWAYS freezes which can be better in a lot of cases

pso-dude
Jun 16, 2007, 11:53 PM
true, but if you dont care about the special, the yas3k is more worth it, and i agree on what you said for the FS, i have one too.

Kevino
Jun 17, 2007, 12:03 AM
ah ic. i use the yas in the forest and cave just because it's easy in the mines i dont like it when the chich's fall over and baranz hit me so i just freeze everything. runes i use the fs just because it makes it that much easier (walls of enemies + bad ai = invincibility) and belraz suxors for me for some reason

SStrikerR
Jun 17, 2007, 07:24 AM
paralize all, freeze some, whip out mechs, destroy.=game over

JapansRobo
Jun 18, 2007, 03:18 AM
Is there anything better than a resist/devil against megid?

xxTrystanxx
Jun 18, 2007, 07:34 AM
Never underestimate the power of a Delsaber's Shield... GREAT EDK resistance.... Resta Merge is a close second. I make use of these whenever I need some EDK protection.

I would definitely go for that Froozer if you haven't gotten it yet. I like using it to keep the lilies in check while I get into position to take out other enemies. Make sure you're making good use of your traps, too. Also, a good pair of mechs (like Charge Vulcans with hit%) make short work of Lilies too.

JapansRobo
Jun 18, 2007, 11:50 PM
On 2007-06-18 05:34, xxTrystanxx wrote:
Never underestimate the power of a Delsaber's Shield... GREAT EDK resistance.... Resta Merge is a close second. I make use of these whenever I need some EDK protection.

I would definitely go for that Froozer if you haven't gotten it yet. I like using it to keep the lilies in check while I get into position to take out other enemies. Make sure you're making good use of your traps, too. Also, a good pair of mechs (like Charge Vulcans with hit%) make short work of Lilies too.

I use my Delsbers Shield and the Frozen Shooter, but once I get to Caves 2 every time I get hit by megid I die. My current slots are Angel/Luck, Devil/Battle, and Dragon/HP(the one that boosts it by 40), What should I replace with the Resist/Devil? What is the best place for me to find an adslot?

My best Mechguns are M&A60 Vise+9, although I also have berserk vulcans and H&S25 Justice.
My Red Scorpio+9 helps alot with Ob Lilies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-06-19 02:31 ]</font>

xxTrystanxx
Jun 19, 2007, 06:40 AM
I would drop the Angel/Luck, actually. I've never bothred much with */Luck units, just gave my chars Luck mats when I found them. That, plus the Delsaber's Shield should give you 55 EDK. If you can get an AddSlot (and there's really no "best" place to find them, they're rather random. Check the drop charts, they seem to show up in boxes in some places more than others) and a second Resist/Devil, it'll bring you up to 70 EDK, which should protect you from most Megid shots.

The real trick, however, is to get a feel for where you can stand to shoot at enemies while avoiding the Lilies' line of fire, or be able to move when they are about to spit. Then you won't need to worry about high EDK.

The_Bear753
Jun 19, 2007, 09:56 AM
After all that EDK, you'll still die from megid. XP

xxTrystanxx
Jun 19, 2007, 04:32 PM
Nope. I walked into Ult caves, into the room in Waterfall Tears with 9 Lilies, with 80 EDK, and I didn't die at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I did it, too, only to prove that very point.

The_Bear753
Jun 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
Well, I did with 90!

JapansRobo
Jun 20, 2007, 12:13 AM
Thansk alot, I'll try that.

T0m
Jun 20, 2007, 02:33 AM
When you have 70 EDK, and without any Mil Lilies present, you can safely leave your character near Ob Lilies while you're out to have lunch. I don't know why anyone would pick a time like that to eat, but your character wouldn't be in any danger of Megid. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
There's an informative thread about Megid and EDK here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=102173&forum=7&start=0), for anyone who wants to explore that topic a little further. (Keep in mind that it's a topic from 2005, so don't post in it. ;] )

Regarding Racast weapons, all the good and useful items have been mentioned already.
If you also want something completely different, you could use a double saber. Thanks to a Racast's combination of good ATP and ATA, they can be competent with one. Generally, a mechgun will be faster, but there may be times when you want to use all that Racast muscle for some meleeing.

JapansRobo
Jun 20, 2007, 04:40 AM
Thanks for the comment, I have a double saber+11 but I hardly ever use it, I find that I can fight better using my Delsaber's buster&shield.

I can get to 70 EDK with General armor, Delsabers Shield, Resist/Devil, and Resist/Evil.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-06-22 13:09 ]</font>

JapansRobo
Jun 22, 2007, 03:07 PM
Just finished the caves thanks alot for the all the help.

I was thinking of trying to get a twin blaze, is the merikle a rare enemy?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JapansRobo on 2007-06-22 13:40 ]</font>

Banish
Jun 23, 2007, 03:08 PM
Not really, it is a sub-species of Mericarol.

The 2 sub-species are Merikle (Blue) and Mericus (Green).

Banish
Jun 23, 2007, 03:08 PM

Banish
Jun 23, 2007, 03:09 PM

Banish
Jun 23, 2007, 03:09 PM

otana_uk
Jun 23, 2007, 04:55 PM
Nice quad.

You'll need PSO+ to find a merikle offline. They appear in East/West Towers for example.

JapansRobo
Jun 23, 2007, 06:47 PM
so in that case I won't be able to find it, I'll just stic with looking for the nug-2000 bazooka. what level should I be so that I don't have to use 18 star atomizers on mome in unsealed door?

otana_uk
Jun 24, 2007, 09:05 AM
If you are doing unsealed door as a cast then I think the main thing that you need to do is keep Mome out of harms way. Traps/standing in front of him/door hanging tend to work.

Sometimes though if I'm really finding it hard to keep an NPC safe- I'll try and get them stuck somewhere in the map so I can go off without them. You can get them stuck on corners and across bridges, etc.

You can also use the same technique on the enemies. For example, Sinows can get stuck on the corners of the big rooms and you can just shoot/bash away at them while they try to walk towards you.

In the end just be thankful that it is not the Dreamcast version - where you have to keep Mome alive while fighting De Le Rol also..

JapansRobo
Jun 25, 2007, 02:53 AM
thanks for the idea (getting him stuck), I'm definitely going to use it. I usually use the frozen shooter to stop enemies from getting close, although it goesn't work so well against gill chicks. I quit the game before Dal Ra Lie, when I fought him I used 10 monomates, 10 dimates, 10 trimates, and 7 star atomizers.

Kevino
Jun 25, 2007, 03:24 AM
I'd say Panzer Faust just because it looks frigging awsome.