PDA

View Full Version : I don't think i said dead line...

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 09:32 AM
"I don't think I said deadline, did I?
I did?
Then I meant what I said."

I hate Bush as a president, but it's great listening to him talk...He always says something so funny.

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 11:48 AM
You ever see Robin Williams Live on Broadway? I'm going to have to watch Bush when Cheny drinks water.

Wyndham
Jun 14, 2007, 11:53 AM
I used to have a Bushisms calender. fun to be had by all.

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Can you give a few examples?

Siertes
Jun 14, 2007, 12:00 PM
You can always count on Pres. Bush to deliver the most amusing lines.

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 12:01 PM
"Many of our resources come from other countries"

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 12:48 PM
Pre-emptive counter-attack!

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 12:56 PM
Nukular weapons

Wyndham
Jun 14, 2007, 01:06 PM
I lost the calender, so I can't.

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 01:08 PM
Aww, that sucks!

imfanboy
Jun 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
From a real news broadcast (no photoshop at all here!)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i225/iamfanboy/bush_caption.jpg

NPCMook
Jun 14, 2007, 02:04 PM
Nuglear weapons

Link5
Jun 14, 2007, 04:21 PM
I don't hate Bush. However, one of my favorite lines of his when addressing improvement of public education:
"We will have the smartest Americans... in the world!"

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 05:12 PM
You know... that's not entirely a bad sentence...since american refers also to canadians, mexicans, brazillians, etc...using american to describe people from the US is quite inaccurate... in fact there is no general term that should be applied to people from the US as all the states are separate technically...

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 05:17 PM
Well, it would be wierd to be called United Statesians.

PJ
Jun 14, 2007, 05:24 PM
Hey guys, guess which country voted for him? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
technically several did as the US isn't a country...it's an alliance of countries ^.^

Sinue_v2
Jun 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
You know... that's not entirely a bad sentence...since american refers also to canadians, mexicans, brazillians, etc...

You know damned well that's not what Bush meant...

Hey guys, guess which country voted for him?

I didn't vote for him. Actually, going by the popular vote - neither did the majority of Americans. The first time anyhow... you can't blame America for voting for him a second term when the best canidate the democratic party to muster is John Kerry.

technically several did as the US isn't a country...it's an alliance of countries ^.^

Similar in a basic analogy, but no, not really. It's one country that is comprised of a federal republic of states, districts, and territories. Once a territory joins the union, it's no longer recognised as a nation unto it's own despite the retention of a localized governmental system. However, they don't retain the right to keep their pre-established form of government - and instead must use the federally mandated form of government and election. That's like saying each county within a state is a nation unto it's own. It's nothing like the alliances America has formed with other nations, such as the UK, who are equal partners on a federal level.

The idea of having an alliance of American "Nations" failed with the Articals of Confederation, leading to the ratification of the United States Constitution and the formation of the modern United States government. For example, in an alliance - one partner may opt to leave the alliance at any time. States cannot do that. While the Constitution makes no specific permissions or denials of a state's right to secede - the 1869 case of Texas vs. White established that a state may not secede from the union without the explicit consent of the other states.

God I'm bored....

*nitpick*

Carry on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2007-06-14 16:18 ]</font>

Solstis
Jun 14, 2007, 07:31 PM
Why do non-Americans seem to assume that all Americans voted for Bush? Way to suck, people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 07:35 PM
I wasn't old enough to vote yet, not that it would've mattered, he didn't win Michigan. ;]

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 07:38 PM
I wasn't old enough either. Still wouldn't have voted for him.

Sychosis
Jun 14, 2007, 07:41 PM
On 2007-06-14 17:31, Solstis wrote:
Why do non-Americans seem to assume that all Americans voted for Bush? Way to suck, people. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

My theory is that in an attempt to take us down a peg, they try to make it appear as though we all voted him in because we can relate to his stupidity because we are all stupid ourselves.

Lots of anti-American sentiment 'round the interweb.

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 07:44 PM
On 2007-06-14 17:41, Sychosis wrote:

On 2007-06-14 17:31, Solstis wrote:

My theory is that in an attempt to take us down a peg, they try to make it appear as though we all voted him in because we can relate to his stupidity because we are all stupid ourselves.

Lots of anti-American sentiment 'round the interweb.

not everyone in america is stupid...just a vast majority...

PJ
Jun 14, 2007, 08:01 PM
Whoah, whaoh, whoah, don't get me wrong, I didn't mean everyone voted for him. I'm just saying people did, obviously, since he won.

Now, the REAL foreign-ness of my placement is the fact that, prior to re-election, I've only heard bad things about him, then post electing, I still only hear bad things about him. Where did he sink in enough good for the win?

Or was John Kerry just that bad?

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 08:06 PM
Historically, no president has ever failed to be re-elected during a military conflict. :/