PDA

View Full Version : Veoh?

Foxix
Jun 14, 2007, 08:51 PM
Just noticed this (http://veoh.com) web site and it seems kinda like youtube only with better quality. Some of the longer content seems to need their player and I was just curious if it doesn't contain some nasty spyware or something.

They have a ton stuff I'd like to watch but I'm just not too sure about downloading anything XD!

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 08:54 PM
I dunno', I strayed away from i due to the filesize and requirements and such, browser plugin? Do not want!

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 08:55 PM
my system hasn't died yet or suffered any ill effect...

Foxix
Jun 14, 2007, 08:56 PM
File size requirements? errr I'm not sure what that means exactly, but for me all it needs is flash to play, and in very good quality.

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 08:57 PM
On 2007-06-14 18:54, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I dunno', I strayed away from i due to the filesize and requirements and such, browser plugin? Do not want!

i didn't need a browser plugin so what it is giving you to DL is not something that is anything bad...and the file sizes all seem to be normal to me...

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 08:59 PM
On 2007-06-14 18:56, Foxix wrote:
File size requirements? errr I'm not sure what that means exactly, but for me all it needs is flash to play, and in very good quality.

the DL file sizes he is referring to...they are not required though...it is only if you are DLing the file off the server, but you don't need to.

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 09:00 PM
No, it is a browser plugin, my computer sucks as it is, I don't really like adding to much to it. :/

Also, I tend to get disconnected when I DL stuff, or the transfer rate goes to hell, or both. :/

NPCMook
Jun 14, 2007, 09:38 PM
When you do download the actual Veoh player, it forces you to install a Browser plugin, kind of annoying since it pretty much does nothing except tell you "HEY YOU GUYZ YOURZ WATCHEN A VIDEOS!" While some files do require you to actually download them, and the site will only play you a 5 minute preview

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 09:48 PM
what are you talking about? I've never had this problem...All the videos i've attempted to watch have played fully and without any problems.

NPCMook
Jun 14, 2007, 09:58 PM
Like I said certain ones... a few of the Doctor Who's that I watched I had to download for the full thing

AlexCraig
Jun 14, 2007, 09:59 PM
Final Fantasy Advent Children, too.

Foxix
Jun 14, 2007, 10:01 PM
Funny because the main reason I was considering downloading the program was for doctor who episodes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

The plugin though, you said it just lets you know when you watching a video... I am a little confused on that one.

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 10:29 PM
If the video is too long you have to download it, found that out when I went to watch the live-action Death Note movie. :/

NPCMook
Jun 14, 2007, 10:30 PM
Yeah its definitely worth it just so you can watch Episode 10 o.o HOLY CRAP CREEPY EPISODE!... I'm ascared of statues now because of it

DurakkenX
Jun 14, 2007, 10:48 PM
usually people just split the show/movie then v.v

Weeaboolits
Jun 14, 2007, 10:49 PM
But not always.

NPCMook
Jun 14, 2007, 11:02 PM
Well some of the episodes of Doctor who ran through fully, I think its a quality issue