PDA

View Full Version : Aussie with US License can't renew

UniKoRn
Jun 15, 2007, 10:07 AM
I have a US account but I was kinda dodging the system so I could play before the game came out here way back last October. I had a 6 month sub and now I've gone to renew and it's denying the credit card I originally used (with some slightly fudged details). Did playsega up their security on international cards with US accounts?

I was kind of hoping I could get another 6 month sub.. but I may have to get my account changed to my correct country which puts me on EU billing options (which suck). Being billed in pounds is something I've been trying to avoid because the exchange rate to AU Dollars is horrible.

People in Europe/Australia(etc?) who have imported the US version - did you switch the country from US to your own country after the game was released in your region?

I hope I made some sense and if anyone can shed a little light on the situation it is much appreciated!

KidoKresh
Jun 15, 2007, 11:43 AM
you probably have to update your credit card

drakkula
Jun 15, 2007, 11:57 AM
man i know what you r talking about. I did exactly the same(I live in the UK though) but I bought the monthly subscription. I never had any probs the only thing is that I cancelled it myself last week cause the PC version is extremely annoying with just a few players on.
As far as I know u have to contact Sega for them to change the country then u should be able to keeping on playing with the same account, this will cost u more though.
I might start playing on the X360 so I will be spending more money on PSU as well =/

UniKoRn
Jun 15, 2007, 10:22 PM
On 2007-06-15 09:43, KidoKresh wrote:
you probably have to update your credit card

I did try putting in all the correct details but still no luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tubbie
Jun 16, 2007, 07:22 AM
What error you received?

Arika
Jun 16, 2007, 07:48 AM
I play from Melbourne but I didn't register as US

UniKoRn
Jun 16, 2007, 09:03 AM
On 2007-06-16 05:22, Tubbie wrote:
What error you received?

I've gotten "Error" and "Card Refused" depending on the combinations I used for the address details

I also tried another credit card (however that one was blocked in the first place probably due to it being used for two old PSO accounts beforehand)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UniKoRn on 2007-06-16 07:08 ]</font>

Sophia
Jun 20, 2007, 09:31 AM
im in the same situation(except im from sweden)
did you get error 192 when you tried subscribing?

UniKoRn
Jun 25, 2007, 10:20 PM
Finally got the problem fixed. I had them switch my accounts country to Australia, so now I'm on the EU billing system, which had no problem accepting my credit card.

Sophia
Jun 26, 2007, 07:39 AM
i fixed mine too, except.. in a different way xD